• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I just think Sora won't be able to DW anymore which might suck. And Kairi's a wielder because of fate.s1demteeth
Yes and no. Kairi's a wielder because of destiny.
Destiny is different, but essentially the same.

Sora = Fate
Kairi = Destiny

Z

Zulkir

Doesn't Sora combine with Goofy when he goes into Valor Form?

In a future KH game he might be able to combine with Ven temporarily to dual wield again. But by himself he can't, looks like one a one-key-per-heart deal.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Doesn't Sora combine with Goofy when he goes into Valor Form?

Not necessarily, but what does that have to do with anything?

In a future KH game he might be able to combine with Ven temporarily to dual wield again. But by himself he can't, looks like one a one-key-per-heart deal.

That would be the idea, but Sora will Dual Wield after Ven's heart is removed.

Xion's fake Keyblade.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
But by himself he can't, looks like one a one-key-per-heart deal.

Then what becomes of Riku? He duel wielded during the attack on TCtNW and only had one heart.

Did Nomura say she was a potential wielder? No. He said she can use the keyblade. And who uses the keyblade? *boring gasp* Keyblade wielders!!!!!!!!

Borrowing a keyblade and being an actual wielder are two different things, lad.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
WRONG!

Nomura said that Sora is just a normal boy who just get's caught up in all of this. He ain't anything special.

KH1 would like to have a word with you.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Psh, I doubt the keyblade is what gave him the ability to jump like a fucking super human.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
But the kingdom hey is the keyblade's true form

Well, not really. The Kingdom Key is the true form of the Keyblade Sora uses. Everyone seems to have their distinct looking Keyblade. The fact that Terra, Aqua, and Ven can attach Keychains to their Keyblades to alter their power and appearances, suggests that Sora's Keyblade is no different from theirs. The one Sora uses just happen to look plain and simple. The Keyblade chose Sora because Riku's heart was weaker at that particular instant on Destiny's Island.

The second Keyblade is enabled by Ven's heart. So if Ven's heart leaves, Sora might loose his ability to wield two Keyblades. I think that's what it means.

Borrowing a keyblade and being an actual wielder are two different things, lad.

Well she was chosen to wield since she completed the ceremony (touching a Master's Keyblade while also having the heart to wield one). Kairi will probably end up getting a Keyblade because of what happened. Her being able to hold Riku's Keyblade suggests that she can wield one on her own. She doesn't have one yet, but she definitely will get one... Do I like it? No, it seems everyone is becoming a Keyblade wielder nowadays. Throughout KH1-KH2, she didn't have a Keyblade of her own, yet Nomura is trying to say that she was chosen to wield one 10 years ago, yet never once drew upon her weapon? Kind of a plot hole. It would have made more since if Riku was of Master status and that caused Kairi to get her own Keyblade (because she touched Riku's). But noooo! Nomura have to be contradictory, or not think about creating plot holes.

Last edited:

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
The only question, in my opinion, concerning Ven's heart within Sora affecting Sora's ability to wield is whether or not Sora will be able to dual wield if/when Ven is awakened in a future game.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I think Riku can dual wield too (he was able to hold Sora's Keyblade during the Xemnas battle while having access to the Way to Dawn.) Riku might have two hearts, if Xehanort's heartless hasn't been cleared yet. But that's a theory for another day.

Chris211

No he didn't DW he gave her Destiny place THEN summoned his own.

Says who? You?

See this is what confuses me....so can wielders have multiple keyblades without dual-wielding? Mickey kind of does..if you say he gives her Destiny Place then summons his own does he has 2, or did he summon hers for her then summon his own?

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Maybe... Having two Keyblades doesn't mean you can wield both at the same time. What Mickey does is probably summon only one of them, the dark side, and leave the light side at bay because he can't use both at the same time (since he only has one heart governing over one in battle at a time)... That's what I think. Kind of silly, but whatever, this is Nomura.

Chris211

Maybe... Having two Keyblades doesn't mean you can wield both at the same time. What Mickey does is probably summon only one of them, the dark side, and leave the light side at bay because he can't use both at the same time (since he only has one heart governing over one in battle at a time)... That's what I think. Kind of silly, but whatever, this is Nomura.

That's what I'm thinking. Mickey has Kingdom Key D and Star Seeker so he can probably just summon whichever one he wants too...which kind of reminds me also..since Aqua casted off her keyblade and now has Eraqus' in her end video... maybe if a certain keyblade comes into contact with a wielder then you can summon it at will? I'm not sure. The Riku wielding the KK is kind of hard to say..technically isn't KK supposed to be Rikus' keyblade anyways? If not then he could probably wield both because Sora summoned KK and its his and the one Riku summoned was WtD so he's not really "dual wielding"

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
The ability to Dual Wield needs to be given, triggered, started.
Sora's was from Valor Form, which had nothing to do with Ven or Xion.
But you know Nomura and his fangirlishness and retcons.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Wielders can still hold other people's Keyblades, can't they? o.o It's just not their's, so they can't summon it anytime. Wouldn't call that duel wielding...
The KK was different, since Riku was originally it's chosen wielder. So I think that's probably why Riku was able to somewhat summon it (he only seemed able to summon the KK if Sora was there).

That Valor form thing never made sense to me. XD Common sense would say that Sora could duel wield because of Roxas' own ability to do so. Yet it was CLOTHES that did it? o_O Unless that was the Xion to his duel wielding awakening.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Wielders can still hold other people's Keyblades, can't they? o.o It's just not their's, so they can't summon it anytime. Wouldn't call that duel wielding...
The KK was different, since Riku was originally it's chosen wielder. So I think that's probably why Riku was able to somewhat summon it (he only seemed able to summon the KK if Sora was there).

That Valor form thing never made sense to me. XD Common sense would say that Sora could duel wield because of Roxas' own ability to do so. Yet it was CLOTHES that did it? o_O Unless that was the Xion to his duel wielding awakening.

I'm pretty sure Roxas becoming one with Sora again granted him the power to dual wield but the clothing was the jump start like how Xion was to Roxas.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think Riku can dual wield too (he was able to hold Sora's Keyblade during the Xemnas battle while having access to the Way to Dawn.) Riku might have two hearts, if Xehanort's heartless hasn't been cleared yet. But that's a theory for another day.
i think "borrowing" sora's keyblade is defferent from actually summoning 2 of ur own at once.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I'm pretty sure Roxas becoming one with Sora again granted him the power to dual wield but the clothing was the jump start like how Xion was to Roxas.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Somewhat of an odd jumpstart, but I suppose it was the best way they could incorperate it into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back