• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Kingdom Key: Mickey's Keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeHeatnix

If the Kingdom Key is the true form of Sora's keyblade, why is Mickey's symbol on the keychain? It being called the "Kingdom Key" sounds like Disney Castle had something to do with it, so isn't this really supposed to be Mickey's keyblade? Is that why he wields the Kingdom Key D? After all, Keyblades, in their default form, always represent the wielder or the world the wielder lives in.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
KK was supposed to be Riku's Keyblade but Sora accidentally "stole" it. Why KK has a Mickey head on it could be as simple as it being a not so hidden, Hidden Mickey, or something more complex like representing Mickey's connection to Riku as he was supposed to be his guide.

You can see that aside from the key chain and the name, KK is all decked out in Riku's color scheme. Curiously enough, KKD has Sora's color scheme as some food for thought.

hlc1988

Awards
KK was supposed to be Riku's Keyblade but Sora accidentally "stole" it. Why KK has a Mickey head on it could be as simple as it being a not so hidden, Hidden Mickey, or something more complex like representing Mickey's connection to Riku as he was supposed to be his guide.

You can see that aside from the key chain and the name, KK is all decked out in Riku's color scheme. Curiously enough, KKD has Sora's color scheme as some food for thought.

I wonder, if potentially, KK will end up going to Riku at some point in KH3 with Sora inheriting the KKD. I don't know why I think that though. There is probably no real story reason for that to actually happen.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
I wonder, if potentially, KK will end up going to Riku at some point in KH3 with Sora inheriting the KKD. I don't know why I think that though. There is probably no real story reason for that to actually happen.
Nah. The KK permanently chose Sora in Hollow Bastion when his heart proved stronger than Riku's. Plus, Riku got his own later, so there's no reason to give him the KK, as far as I can see.

Aside from out-of-universe reasons, there's no clear explanation why the keychain's a hidden Mickey (probably the same reason Sora's Dream Weapons all have them). The KKD is a palette swap so it's the same non-reasoning there with the added bonus of it being the first keyblade we see Mickey with.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
That's not curious at all, considering that it's also Mickey's color-scheme. Since Sora was based on Mickey.

Like how KK borrows heavily from Riku's color scheme because it was meant to be his, KKD does as well from Sora and Mickey. Except KKD has this bit of brown that doesn't fit in with Mickey at all. Going purely by aesthetics it matches Sora slightly more.

Jgray123487

Awards
I always thought the KKD looked cooler then the KK. But anyways the kingdom keys represent the Realms of Light and darkness respectively. KK is Light while KKD is dark. The end of the Key chain (mickey symbol) i always thought just meant most of the worlds you traveled are disney themed so....yeah lol.

Anagram

Banned
The end of the Key chain (mickey symbol) i always thought just meant most of the worlds you traveled are disney themed so....yeah lol.

I just figured the keychains were "hidden mickey's". KH1 had them littered around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back