• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The King's Letter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddta1177

At the end of KH1 and at the beginning of COM, Sora, Donald and Goofy are walking through that green field and they see Pluto holding a letter. What does that letter say. Kh wiki says that it the game tells you and the words that appear on the screen ("Remember Sora, you are the one who will open the door to light") is what's in the letter, is this true or is it just the mysterious voice again?

KevVentus

Psh, clearly that's what the mystery title's going to be about : P

/Sarcasm

That's always bothered me too. But since then it's been covered up by so many other mysteries, it's hardly relevant anymore...

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Wow, it's stuff like this you just completley forget. I'm not sure what it says, but i'm sure it probably doesn'ylt matter anymore

KevVentus

And how about Donald and Goofy's outfit change? They were wearing their original clothes underneath the whole time? And how did they get to the field in the first place?

I kind of consider that post credits scene as canonical as the secret trailer.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
And how about Donald and Goofy's outfit change? They were wearing their original clothes underneath the whole time? And how did they get to the field in the first place?

Before Chain of Memories, I had always assumed that they had been placed somewhere within the world Disney Castle is located in, for some reason, and got their clothes from some kind of underground lair they had built out by the Disneyland crossroads (nah, they probably just had their clothes in one of their invisible knapsacks where they keep their potions and gems and munny and keychains and decided to change back into them because the clothes from their journey were stained with the blood of their enemies). But actually, it makes sense that they would be in the Land of Departure since that world is between Realms, like Traverse Town, and SDG were effectively cast-a-ways due to the destruction of End of the World.

As for the letter, it's the same letter Mickey sends to the gang at the end of KH2 brought back in time by Pluto (who was tailing the Mysterious Figure through a time portal) in the hopes that Sora, Donald and Goofy could completely erase the events of CoM/KH2 by never actually entering Castle Oblivion thereby rendering the Tormented Ones an invalid plot point and saving the series from impending self-annihilation.
tl;dr Nomura wants a reboot.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I have read discussions about this before, and those people pointed out that the seals are different colours on the letters, if I remember correctly. :B Green on the first, red on the second, I think.
If they are different letters, I don't think the game has ever refered to the first letter since that last scene. But now I am remembering someone said there was a cut scene in Re:Coded that showed Pluto going into a Dark Corridor with a letter at the same time SDG were first meeting.
So, I don't know. xD

JTD95

What the letter says is showed at the end of the scene.

The letter says:
Remember, Sora. You are the one who will open the door to the light.

KevVentus

You can't really prove that. It's just something the game says to tie it all together since that's what it said in the very beginning. If that was the contents of the letter, they wouldn't have showed a giant chase after Pluto.

JTD95

You can't really prove that. It's just something the game says to tie it all together since that's what it said in the very beginning. If that was the contents of the letter, they wouldn't have showed a giant chase after Pluto.
The giant chase isn't really important so why wouldn't they reveal it?

JustSnilloc

Pretty sure it's Nomura's secret script for KH3... And since Sora nobody found what Pluto did with it, no KH3 until then >.>

jk, but what the KH Wiki said seems legit enough, I don't see much significance to the letter at this point though (as being a critical mystery or anything), thus what the Wiki said seems like a good solution

KevVentus

The giant chase isn't really important so why wouldn't they reveal it?

The incredibly long winding path begs to differ, suggesting quite a journey ahead for the trio, spurred on by the letter.

If Nomura was going to show the letters contents twenty seconds after showing the letter itself, it wouldn't have been in an envelope.

The text that appears at the end of the scene is the one thing we can mostly be sure that the letter doesn't say.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I think the meadow-as that is the appropriate term. Fields have crops or tall grass-just sort of faded in. It's an in-between realm, after all.

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com
My friend and I had a theory that the Pluto and the letter were a plot by Marluxia and the rest of the Organization to lead Sora to Castle Oblivion.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
My friend and I had a theory that the Pluto and the letter were a plot by Marluxia and the rest of the Organization to lead Sora to Castle Oblivion.

I think you've got the right idea. Except it probably wasn't a direct plot by Marluxia, seeing as Pluto has no association with him, I would say it had to do with Riku. We know from Re:coded and KH2 that Pluto followed Riku around(for whatever strange reason), and i would say Pluto somehow knew Riku was in danger and he grabbed Sora and co's attention and led them in the direction of him. From there Marluxia intervened (at the crossroad).

I think it's safe to assume that there is something Nomura wants to tell us about Pluto and it will be revealed, seeing as he always keeps revisiting the Pluto/Riku connection.

La proof~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back