• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Last Quiet Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Let us gather and enjoy the peace and familiarity of the forums before new trailers come out and everything changes. I think with the next news bomb, we're really going to enter a new era on this site. Some people (myself) will just straight up leave, and tons upon tons of new members will join, with questions and theories and thread necromancy galore.

We're really at a point where KHi will never be the same, which isn't a bad thing, but to be quite frank it's going to be a little too bad when things aren't as small as they used to be.

Several users, I imagine, are going to disappear until KH3 has been out for a while. So, I wanna hear everyone's strategy. Obsessively consume every piece of news that's dropped? Wimp out and hide until release?

I also would like to extend gratitude to our staff, who'll have to report on every rushing piece of news that comes out, which will, in some capacity, disenchant them from the content when it's actually released.

These are the end times, children.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I've never been a KHInsider member when a new Kingdom Hearts game came out (and this'll be KH III so I can only imagine).
I plan to stick around, but as soon as the game drops I'll definitely sign off everything KH related until I've completed it at my own pace.

About my strategy regarding the news, I'm still waiting for that release date. I think I'll plan what to do and whether sticking around here according to what the news will tell. I never completely spoiled a single KH game so I don't think I'll read any more news/trailers after I got my date.

Awards
I've never been a KHInsider member when a new Kingdom Hearts game came out (and this'll be KH III so I can only imagine).
I plan to stick around, but as soon as the game drops I'll definitely sign off everything KH related until I've completed it at my own pace.

About my strategy regarding the news, I'm still waiting for that release date. I think I'll plan what to do and whether sticking around here according to what the news will tell. I never completely spoiled a single KH game so I don't think I'll read any more news/trailers after I got my date.

Well I do want the date so I'll probably stick around and I do want to know a few of the new worlds so lol

Let us gather and enjoy the peace and familiarity of the forums before new trailers come out and everything changes. I think with the next news bomb, we're really going to enter a new era on this site. Some people (myself) will just straight up leave, and tons upon tons of new members will join, with questions and theories and thread necromancy galore.

We're really at a point where KHi will never be the same, which isn't a bad thing, but to be quite frank it's going to be a little too bad when things aren't as small as they used to be.

Several users, I imagine, are going to disappear until KH3 has been out for a while. So, I wanna hear everyone's strategy. Obsessively consume every piece of news that's dropped? Wimp out and hide until release?

I also would like to extend gratitude to our staff, who'll have to report on every rushing piece of news that comes out, which will, in some capacity, disenchant them from the content when it's actually released.

These are the end times, children.

Oh well, I do understand and hope you have a good one, see ya when KHIII is released lol

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't want to be too spoiled on the story, but I'd definitely like to see some more world-stuff and maybe small snippets. The Toy Story reveal trailer was exactly what I'd love to see in the future as well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have to stick around, but I might just ghost like I did last year because while I’m fine reporting the news, I don’t want to dive too deep into all of the info and theories before the game releases since we almost always make fairly accurate guesses as a forum and it sucks all of the fun of discovering everything in game.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Well, i'm likely to hide out the moment they drop the date and month that this game is going to be released. It's been in development hell for so long, it's hard to believe that the long wait is almost over. I think i'd like to hide out elsewhere to avoid spoilers and world reveals, as i want as little knowledge on the game as possible. I remember how excited i was when i got kingdom hearts 2, a sequel that, as a 7 year old boy i had never heard of. I loved the first game with all my heart, and knowledge of any more kingdom hearts games was very limited back in the day. So i want to relive the experience as much as possible.
And i am grateful to the staff for sacrificing their opportunity to be spoiler free by giving us the news and updates. Without it, there's a chance i'd be stuck in ignorant bliss until months after the release.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, i'm likely to hide out the moment they drop the date and month that this game is going to be released. It's been in development hell for so long, it's hard to believe that the long wait is almost over. I think i'd like to hide out elsewhere to avoid spoilers and world reveals, as i want as little knowledge on the game as possible. I remember how excited i was when i got kingdom hearts 2, a sequel that, as a 7 year old boy i had never heard of. I loved the first game with all my heart, and knowledge of any more kingdom hearts games was very limited back in the day. So i want to relive the experience as much as possible.
And i am grateful to the staff for sacrificing their opportunity to be spoiler free by giving us the news and updates. Without it, there's a chance i'd be stuck in ignorant bliss until months after the release.

A game that has been in development for 5 years, the average for a game of this size and magnitude, is not a game in development hell.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I'll only be around for the trailers, but nowhere in deep discussions or spoiler threads. That's true though. It's the calm right before the storm.

Sally-boiii

Awards
I'm probably going to say "peace", to discussion forums, after the release date comes. (assuming I have the willpower to do so)

Other than that though, I may stick around the creative writing section for a little bit. Butt (hehe) that's about it. After I beat the game, I'll come back and nerd out with you guys but not a second before (Again, assuming I have the willpower to)

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Hm, haven't really decided yet. I'll definitely get off internet completely once the game is out until I've played through it. Not like I'll be doing anything but playing it anyway. But for trailers and all that, it depends on how strong I can be, I guess xD I'd like to not see too much but can I really resist? We'll see. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the fandom when KH3 is out. Everything is so different from the KH2 hype time, or maybe I just remember it differently? Hard to say. Either way, more fans means more content and I for one welcome all the good KH fanart that new artists discovering the series will be making.

Soldier

Awards
A game that has been in development for 5 years, the average for a game of this size and magnitude, is not a game in development hell.
Well, they did keep moving it aside since Tetsuya Nomura worked on many projects at once, siphoning away some focus and dividing the teams. While there wasn't anything wrong with it (it's his decision either way) I feel that KH 3 was bound to come out some time after 2, as the ending of kh 2 hinted at it. But we got other pieces to the puzzle instead.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, i'm likely to hide out the moment they drop the date and month that this game is going to be released. It's been in development hell.

Kingdom Hearts III wasn't in development hell, the game's asset progress was just stalled because they had to change the engine from Luminous to Unreal. Smart move on Square Enix's part as Unreal Engine is more verified graphical engine and Unreal themselves are directly aiding with the technicalities of the engine. And even with the shift in engine, Nomura used that time frame to create the plot.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Me, I'm prolly going to avoid all trailers if they show any story (I'm sure you guys'll mention if there's story in it), and prolly stick around the sections that don't have to do with KH until I can play. I think I said it once; I don't care if I get spoiled on worlds. I do care about story though. ^^

redcrown

Awards
It wasn't in development hell, it was in unannounced non-existent hell because of the FF Versus fiasco/development hell.

I don't care about the worlds being spoiled at this point because I've waited so long and I honestly don't care because trailers and world reveals just hype the game more for me personally.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I'm here for spoilers, discussion, trailers, everything. The collective hype (even though I resist it) is a significant component in my level of enjoyment with these big "event" moments, and it's everything leading up to the release that will put me in the right mindset to enjoy the game itself. I'm all about the journey; I'm not expecting KH3 to surprise me too much on the narrative front, but if I can facilitate an emotional connection with the material going in it'll be that much more gratifying.

It will be interesting to see how this forum and the general online presence of the fandom is impacted, though. And what it looks like after the game's release. The Internet has changed the nature of marketing and fan interactivity so much in the past decade+ since 2 came out, it's going to be one heckuva ride. Especially when/if the Disney behemoth starts pushing this thing. Like the thought that the Toy Story reveal is just a taste of what's yet to come is almost daunting.

I'll be praying for the staff.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Either way, more fans means more content and I for one welcome all the good KH fanart that new artists discovering the series will be making.

Oh yes, I can't wait for KH to finally surpass the 100k fanfictions out of which 90k are garbage on ff.net. I LIVE FOR THIS.

What worries me a bit is that I doubt I'll be able to avoid trailers as soon as someone simply mentions there being new music in it. I...need it. So bad. D:

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
i haven't waited this long just to hide under a rock at the first sight of new info.

i'm still tuning in to know what worlds we'll be getting and the release date. i'll stay clear of any major spoilers to the plot, i just want to see what's in store for KH3.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I dunno. With the exception of the DS and 3DS games, I watched/spoiled pretty much every single KH game before I ever played them and still had a great time when the HD collections came out. I guess I'll watch the trailers and just avoid discussion about them. I'm not usually imaginative or observant enough to deduce the entire plot from SE's spoilerific trailers so I should be ok.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You're still here Launchpad? You've been saying you'd be leaving KHI for like a year now :O

I'll be doing my usual stuff during a KH game release. Watching trailers, uploading screenshots, collating information from press releases, purchasing, watermarking, then uploading Japanese magazine scans, monitoring spoilers, playing gameplay prior to release, and debating why the game won't be delayed except in the event of a gigantic problem at Square Enix / with late game development.

Edit: Oh and making gifs for the KHI twitter page.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh yes, I can't wait for KH to finally surpass the 100k fanfictions out of which 90k are garbage on ff.net. I LIVE FOR THIS.

What worries me a bit is that I doubt I'll be able to avoid trailers as soon as someone simply mentions there being new music in it. I...need it. So bad. D:

I gave up on FFN and fanfic of KH in general years ago. The last good thing I read on that site was a THOND-based fic that was actually better than the game’s story of that film...that was years ago. There is a good series on AO3 right now, though. By somebody named greeneggs101 I think? A friend of mine passed it on since fic reading is her thing and I’ve actually really enjoyed it.

Fan art tho, yaaaas give it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back