• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► The LGBT Help and Support Thread (v3)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Ok, first off, as much as I'd love to see gay marriage, Obama has a ton of things to worry about aside from gay issues. On top of that? He's for Civil Unions, not gay marriage. He does however want to bring gay rights however aside from that, which is plenty of a start if he pulls it off.
Expressing positive interest and doing are two very different things. I'll concede that, of course, he's got an intensely taxing job on his hands, but the battle for gay rights has been an uphill battle for us for decades. Shelving us (and civil rights, by extension) at this point is insulting and pretty darn heinous. Jane Lynch has a right to be angry, as well as any of us.

And oh, Civil Unions? It may well be a step up in the long run, but it's no victory when it doesn't allow even something like visitation rights while your partner's hospitalized. :C

Flowing Ice

Awards
Expressing positive interest and doing are two very different things. I'll concede that, of course, he's got an intensely taxing job on his hands, but the battle for gay rights has been an uphill battle for us for decades. Shelving us (and civil rights, by extension) at this point is insulting and pretty darn heinous. Jane Lynch has a right to be angry, as well as any of us.

And oh, Civil Unions? It may well be a step up in the long run, but it's no victory when it doesn't allow even something like visitation rights while your partner's hospitalized. :C

Like I said before, I'm Bi, so I'm on the support side. I do understand her reasons for being angry at Obama, but, one should be angered with the Government as a whole, wouldn't you agree? Either they shape up, or eventually, our society will finally be sick enough of them to force forth a change.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Like I said before, I'm Bi, so I'm on the support side. I do understand her reasons for being angry at Obama, but, one should be angered with the Government as a whole, wouldn't you agree? Either they shape up, or eventually, our society will finally be sick enough of them to force forth a change.
Agreed. And it's also considerably backhanded, being that our government is developed by society through democracy, so, in that way, it's really not so black and white -- but it also shouldn't have to be. As Jane Lynch mentioned, we're the minority, but this is a fight for equal human rights. This isn't something that any sort of majority or otherwise should have the authority to oppose, and I wish that Obama's administration could be the one to finally realize that for us.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Aye. And of course it doesn't hurt to spread the word, too. :'D

Satoshi

I'm all for gay marriage on a mondial base. What is the problem? I mean, I know people say like the Christian marriage is not for gaypeople,

but I don't get it at all.

In my country, it's legal. To be using the words legal and illegal is actually stupid enough. It's like using the law to forbid people to love eachother. I'm bicurious and have two gay familymembers myself and am completely on the support side.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
wow, you are so lucky to have gay marriage in your country.
I agree. Don't know if you people saw but in Australia, on the 1st of august last year, after the government decided to illegalise gay marriage, hundred of gay couples went to the capital cities, and had an unofficial ceremony.
I'll try and find a video

edit: found this 23 second video of it
YouTube - Equal Love Rally, Sydney

and a facebook page
National Day of Protest for Equal Same Sex Marriage Rights - Sydney Aug 1st | Facebook

and pictures of the event:
Melbourne rally for marriage equality did happen, was well-attended, despite being ignored by the ALP and (for a while) the news media An Onymous Lefty

edit: Helloooooooooo????

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Life's good. Schools almost about to start and I can't wait. I chose 2 new subjects to replace Music/Art and Design and Tech. Drama and Food Tech. :D

How about you?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
yes, biology is the science of life.
And xigbar awsome. (in a cool uncle way. i see roxas as the attractive one)

I hate biolofy. So disgusting.

lol uncle. nah, my friend has dibs on Roxas. I find Zexion and Demyx to be the attractive ones.

Beyer

Hey everyone, hows life treatin ya?
School starts February 1st!
I am doing: Theatre Studies, Psychology, Japanese, English, General Maths, Media and Business Management. General Maths is the only one I don't like, woo for a year of good subjects, hopefully.
I told a best friend I am bi and she told me to make a choice, I said I think I am gay sexually but I could still fall in love with a girl (I guess it is the same way Asexuals can fall in love and have romantic relationships, except I am attracted to guys. I might have the whole concept of Asexual wrong though. UGH CONFUSING!) and she hasn't talked to me since. She is rarely in contact outside of school anyways so hopefully that is it.
I found out another of my best friend's cousin like likes me...I don't like her back.
I am going to the Melbourne Aquarium on Thursday, I found out a friend of mine who I thought had detached from the world due to depression actually went on holidays and forgot his phone.
Hmm, nothing much else really, nothing worth mentioning.

How is life for you guys?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well a school dance is comming up, which means a chance to dance with one of the guys i like as a "joke".

oooh good luck :) I never go to the school "dances". hopefully year 10 formal will be good though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back