• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The little things

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Bump because spread some positive feels now and then.

I liked the additions to Christmas Town as a whole within the KH2FM. It gave it the theme it drastically needed and I could finally enjoy SD&G's Xmas styles without importing or swap magics. (was important because them being all halloween form in xmas town bothered me)

Completely agree with this. The additions in Final Mix managed to make the two parts of the world feel very distinct and sparkle with their own sense of identity. The music throughout the Christmas Town segment is also really nice.

I also love Naminé's mannerisms and voice acting in general. She is portrayed as mysterious, sad, and resigned all at once. When Sora decides for her to "make him the way he was," her response was so sad but nuanced. She covered it in reassurance that of course anyone would choose the same. All of which of course flew over Sora's head. In fact, despite being one of the "hurting" ones, her hurt is never really brought directly in the limelight, making it so easy for us to forget her while that is exactly what happens to her within the game. Though almost all of the characters have the right to vent their pain, she never does. Sorry to go sad in the end, but I really appreciate her character overall.

Agree with this as well. Namine was always one of the more interesting characters to me because of all of this.

DoctahFaz

Awards
i personally love the interactive+ openness of kingdom hearts 1 worlds. i feel like since KH1, the worlds never fully felt like "Worlds".

Absolutely. The first game's environments felt more alive. Just think of all that there was: lighting candles & putting them out in TT, the flowers in Wonderland, torches in Olympus Coliseum, the little purple flowers in Deep Jungle, and so much more.

I had a post a month or so ago about this very topic and how the first game just had so much more life to it and sense of exploration and discovery. Just think: Postcards, Trinity Marks, Dalmatians, fire emblems, electrical cables, and many more hidden chests. While I think the overall gameplay was superior in KH2, these fun things were unfortunately lost in the transition.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I agree, those little things in the environment end up giving a lot to the gaming experience overall. The puzzle pieces in KH2FM helped, but still not the same. If those kind of things don't show up in KH3, then I'll just resign myself to the fact that the series will never fully return to what it was when it started.

Anagram

Banned
Absolutely. The first game's environments felt more alive. Just think of all that there was: lighting candles & putting them out in TT, the flowers in Wonderland, torches in Olympus Coliseum, the little purple flowers in Deep Jungle, and so much more.

I had a post a month or so ago about this very topic and how the first game just had so much more life to it and sense of exploration and discovery. Just think: Postcards, Trinity Marks, Dalmatians, fire emblems, electrical cables, and many more hidden chests. While I think the overall gameplay was superior in KH2, these fun things were unfortunately lost in the transition.

I couldn't agree with this more. I loved how you could always find something to mess with in a world. Everything from using fire to open Merlins door, using thunder on the large power cable in district three, how gravity affected floating chests in Hollow Bastion, trinities....hell you could even destroy a few pillars in the cave in Aladdin's world.
Everything felt so involved. Actually interactive unlike how people claim flowmotion to be. An interactive world isn't bouncing off walls, enemies or grinding rails. It's actually finding things to interact with and find.

Hell you could even damage Donald & Goofy yourself if you picked up a barrel or crate and threw it into them. Just the little things man, the little things.

Tartarus said:
I agree, those little things in the environment end up giving a lot to the gaming experience overall. The puzzle pieces in KH2FM helped, but still not the same. If those kind of things don't show up in KH3, then I'll just resign myself to the fact that the series will never fully return to what it was when it started.
Come friend. We have a nice spot right here for you on the "give up" bench.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Demyx retuning his sitar after being attacked. I've never noticed it while playing since I'm so focused on fighting, but I love it when little details like this show up.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I just love the concept of Master Xehanort. his design is a direct tribute to The mad Doctor in the Mickey Mouse black and white shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back