• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Long Road to Toy Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
[parsehtml]<p style="text-align: center;"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_kqrh_4Bd50" frameborder="0" width="560" height="315"></iframe></p>
<p>At this year's D23 Expo, Square Enix and Disney delighted fans of the series by announcing that a long-awaited world based on the <em>Toy Story</em> franchise would be included in the upcoming <em>Kingdom Hearts III</em>. Although, to fans-in-the-know this wouldn't come as a surprise, as series creator and director Tetsuya Nomura has commented for some time that he wanted to include the Toy Story franchise in the series - but did you know that his first attempt was not <em>Kingdom Hearts III</em> - and contrary to some belief, his first attempt wasn't <em>Kingdom Hearts II</em> either.</p>
<p>Join us as we give you a detailed look at the newest trailer and a long-and difficult road to Andy's room!</p>
<p>Footage from the <em>Kingdom Hearts</em> series and <em>Toy Story</em> series is courtesy of Square Enix, Disney, and Pixar. Original music by Jordan Bush, composed for KHInsider.</p>
<p>Learn more about the development of Kingdom Hearts by checking out KHInsider.com and following us on all social media. <em>Kingdom Hearts III</em> is releasing on the PS4 and Xbox One in 2018.</p>
<p style="text-align: left;"><span>Remember to </span><span>follow </span><span>Kingdom Hearts Insider on </span><a href="https://www.facebook.com/KingdomHeartsInsider">Facebook</a><span>, </span><a href="https://twitter.com/khinsider">Twitter</a><span>, and </span><a href="http://khinsider.tumblr.com/">Tumblr</a><span> for the latest updates on </span><em>Kingdom Hearts Union <span>χ [</span>Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 </em><span>and all things </span><em>Kingdom Hearts</em><span>! </span> </p>[/parsehtml]

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Long Road To Toy Story

it kind of crazy how things are going full cirlce sine the first kh game

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Re: The Long Road To Toy Story

Sweet video! There was some neat information in there. I remember some discussion over a blurry snapshot of that KH1 world design where folks were trying to determine whether it was or was not actually Toy Story, and it came to mind every time Nomura brought up the development of the TS world, so it's nice to get a definitive answer. I also never made the connection that YX was looking into the new robot toys specifically. It's a pretty tenuous plot point but at least it gives him a reason to be at Galaxy Toys. I'm interested to see how that thread develops.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Was it confirmed that Young Xehanort was at Galaxy Toys to make a Gigas a Darkness? I thought the person that Xehanort was referring to was Andy? It seemed to me that Xehanort was in that world to study how the toys/Andy relationship works, and used Andy as an experiment. It seems like he was specifically trying to understand how the toys "bring Andy to life", so maybe this research will be used to awaken Ventus (and make him a darkness)?

Rii

Awards
Was it confirmed that Young Xehanort was at Galaxy Toys to make a Gigas a Darkness? I thought the person that Xehanort was referring to was Andy? It seemed to me that Xehanort was in that world to study how the toys/Andy relationship works, and used Andy as an experiment. It seems like he was specifically trying to understand how the toys "bring Andy to life", so maybe this research will be used to awaken Ventus (and make him a darkness)?

Yes, this? Well, mostly. I thought the opposite, actually. I thought he was investigating how Andy brought the toys to life, but yes, in hopes of bringing somebody (my thought was Xion) "to life" to serve as the missing darkness.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Xehanort is referencing the gigas and the way they're being controlled by darkness in others hearts - expanding on the nature of how toys connect with hearts in that world - he is mentioning this as Sora is blocking a Giga, but that's not to say xehanort isn't looking into anything else, that's just the likely topic of that line. I never said he was making the toys a vessel, just that observing how hearts connect in that world, such as gigas and their controllers, can help them reclaim a darkness

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Xehanort is referencing the gigas and the way they're being controlled by darkness in others hearts - expanding on the nature of how toys connect with hearts in that world - he is mentioning this as Sora is blocking a Giga, but that's not to say xehanort isn't looking into anything else, that's just the likely topic of that line. I never said he was making the toys a vessel, just that observing how hearts connect in that world, such as gigas and their controllers, can help them reclaim a darkness

Where did you get confirmation of that? I didn't get all of that from the trailer at all.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Where did you get confirmation of that? I didn't get all of that from the trailer at all.
"One hearts shadows fill the emptiness of another's. See how they bring him to life?"

Like, that's not in reference to Andy. If anything Andy is the one being the toys to life, but since the gigas are empty and are brought to life by others and Sora is literally fighting one as they're speaking, using context clues, it's pretty certain he's not talking about Andy. Given the rules of the world, I'm pretty sure Andy is going to be unaware of his toys little adventure altogether, just as he always is

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
"One hearts shadows fill the emptiness of another's. See how they bring him to life?"

Like, that's not in reference to Andy. If anything Andy is the one being the toys to life, but since the gigas are empty and are brought to life by others and Sora is literally fighting one as they're speaking, using context clues, it's pretty certain he's not talking about Andy. Given the rules of the world, I'm pretty sure Andy is going to be unaware of his toys little adventure altogether, just as he always is

I don't think that Xehanort is being literal with his statement. I also think that a context clue that he's speaking about Andy is the use of "him" instead of "it". If Xehanort was referencing the Giga, he would have said "it" rather than "him."

In a sense, the toys do bring Andy "to life". In the film, when Woody's arm is ripped and he can't go to camp with Andy, Andy becomes sad. His sadness also results in the toys becoming "alive", in the sense that they want to make him happy. It's a mutualistic relationship that benefits both the toys and Andy. Which also ties in to what Xehanort says after...

"Like Heartless and Nobodies, they fit together." The toys need Andy and Andy needs the toys. When a heartless and nobody combine they become a full person. I'm not exactly sure where Xehanort could be going with this, but to me it seems that the research is being done on the relationship between Andy/the toys and the power that comes from it. The reason he's probably researching this is to understand better what happens when his heartless and nobody (created with his heart in someone else's body) reunite, and also what happens to that other person's body. Not sure how, but the fact that he mentions that they're missing a darkness they need to reclaim (probably Terra) and then going to speak specifically how hearts connect in this world, makes me believe it's about the relationship between Andy and the toys. We've seen heartless possess inanimate objects in other worlds, so why would it be so important to study how heartless possess the Gigas specifically?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think you're making some wide stretches with an Andy grasping when the perfect analogy is right there with the toys that were built to be possessed rather than Heartless that already did the possessing.

KeybladeGuy

Awards
There's been a pair of questions that have been bugging me since they revealed the world.

First and foremost, what is the world going to be named? I don't recall the city Andy lives in ever having a name, and I think Andy's Neighborhood is too silly of a name, it's just what I've been using as a placeholder.
Secondly, I notice both Mr. Potato Head and Slinky Dog are notoriously missing. I can only assume it's due to copyright on the toys, but I'd like to hear others' thoughts as well.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
There's been a pair of questions that have been bugging me since they revealed the world.

First and foremost, what is the world going to be named? I don't recall the city Andy lives in ever having a name, and I think Andy's Neighborhood is too silly of a name, it's just what I've been using as a placeholder.
Secondly, I notice both Mr. Potato Head and Slinky Dog are notoriously missing. I can only assume it's due to copyright on the toys, but I'd like to hear others' thoughts as well.
Woody and Buzz mentioned half of their friends were abducted. Slinky and Potato Head are likely among them.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

The name of the world will probably be "Andy's Room" or "Galaxy Toys". See Olympus Coliseum, Port Royal, and Halloween Town for worlds where a majority of the story takes place somewhere other than the name of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back