• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Mario Movie’s biggest question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
If the new Mario animated film gets a video game tie-in, who’s gonna make it? Will Nintendo be willing to trust anyone but themselves with the task? This though has been in my head for awhile and no news has come out confirming or denying such a possibility. So what do you guys think?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The Sonic movies didn't get tie in games, so I doubt Mario will.
Sound, but every company operates differently. It’s like saying just because Ubisoft didn’t do it, then Square Enid won’t do it either.

It’s sort of like asking if there will be a new Star Wars movie, then will there be a new Lego video game after it? To be honest, we just don’t know. I’m not saying it’s impossible.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The purpose of the film at least from Nintendo's perspective is expand their audience and the popularity of the brand. IE they it drives people to buy more Dwitches and Mario games. To this end they don't really need a new because all the existing ones will essentially be new to that audience. What they need to do is have an awesome bundle that's like Switch+Kart+Odyssey+Maker or something.

Barrett

Awards
I feel like the movie will only get a tie-in game if the movie itself is successful. Nintendo might see it as a waste of time making a game based on the movie if the it didn't do so well.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I mean SONIC was a huge hit. There's a trend of actually decent video game TV shows/movies coming out, why not get a jump start with Mario?

Back