• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The meaning of courage.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Is courage when you stand up for something and take the outcome or is just being underpressure?
What warrants courage and is it tied to ones resolve.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You can be under pressure and not be courageous. There's the chance you just don't realise the situation you're in.
And while people may have resolve, they don't always have courage. Some guy can be resolute in being a fuck-everyone manner and not caring about the punishments for his actions, but that's certainly not courage.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I hate to be so er -- linear about my answer. But honestly:

–noun
1. the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Thats what gets me every siituation thats scary is something to be fearful of is it not? No man goes without fear.

O

Oberon

being under pressure is just a possible circumstance of having courage. I find moments like that show yourself what courage you really have, when you're forced to output the energy necessary to attain a certain result, or to simply absorb whatever reactions you receive.

courage is a collaboration of attitude, determination, and the like to push yourself through a scenario. technically speaking every action requires some courage, we just never consider it. the really tough ones possibly: breaking up with someone, giving a speech, etc.

Awards
–noun
1. the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.
That's the only problem with this definition. Courage isn't the absence of fear, but rather it is the ability to overcome those fears when necessary.

Think about Courage the Cowardly Dog, for example. We've all seen the show; he's an extremely cowardly dog, afraid of pretty much everything. But, he would fight anything and everything for Muriel, against his own fears.

I much prefer the line Wikipedia has, over wherever you pulled that quote.

Wikipedia said:
Courage, bravery, fortitude, will, and intrepidity, is the ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. "Physical courage" is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death, while "moral courage" is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.
As with the moral courage, fear doesn't have to be so much as to dying, but it can also be when you attempt to stand out. When somebody says no because they know something is wrong, etc.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Courage is like something you do that puts you at risk of something but you do it any way feeling no fear and doing what you believe is right for you and maybe others too.

Raebus

Well, I doubt you'd feel NO fear but with courage you'd still do something no matter how scared you are.

tau

Courage is when you fear what your about to do but do it anyway regardless.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That's the only problem with this definition. Courage isn't the absence of fear, but rather it is the ability to overcome those fears when necessary.

Think about Courage the Cowardly Dog, for example. We've all seen the show; he's an extremely cowardly dog, afraid of pretty much everything. But, he would fight anything and everything for Muriel, against his own fears.

As with the moral courage, fear doesn't have to be so much as to dying, but it can also be when you attempt to stand out. When somebody says no because they know something is wrong, etc.

along with this, note that fear HAS to be present because thats what gives courage its importance. fearlessness and courage are not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back