• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Mirage Arena will NOT be playable online in 2.5 ReMIX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Tai Yasue, co-director of the Kingdom Hearts series, just confirmed on the Square Enix Presents channel that the Mirage Arena segment in Birth by Sleep will NOT be playable online via PSN in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX.

Yasue added that the reason for this was because they wanted to speed up the development of Kingdom Hearts 3, and spending extra time making Mirage Arena playable online would've taken from its development. Instead, they made tweaks to the single player mode of the segment, making it even more enjoyable in 2.5 ReMIX.

In the Mirage Arena, you can play as either armored Terra, Ventus or Aqua and play with other people in various different events, including the Arena Mode where you can fight enemies and bosses together with up to 3 players and Versus mode where you can fight up to 6 people. Along with that, up to 3 players can play the Command Board mini-game with each other and up to 6 players can race each other in the Rumble Racing in Disney Town.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX arrives on October 2nd in Japan, December 2nd in the USA and December 5th in Europe exclusively for the PlayStation 3.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
yeah pissed about this. I understand the difficulty, time needed, and their desire to develop KH3 but this is the biggest letdown to KH 2.5 HD and I am as angry at this as I was when I had to replay Gummi Ships in KH 1.5 HD

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
yeah pissed about this. I understand the difficulty, time needed, and their desire to develop KH3 but this is the biggest letdown to KH 2.5 HD and I am as angry at this as I was when I had to replay Gummi Ships in KH 1.5 HD

I can without it, I have no one to play online with, unlike everyone else. I'm not pisssed, I'm fine without.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
I can without it, I have no one to play online with, unlike everyone else. I'm not pisssed, I'm fine without.

I enjoyed the idea of playing with friends in BBS and I guess almost expected it to be redone here because they were fun. Yes I am still overjoyed of everything else as KH2 is my favorite and I'll replay it several times but I was hype for Mirage Arena multiplayer

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That was really disappointing, I think they could have asked a lot of better questions as well but whatever I guess

limit

Lol, wooooow.

Really disappointed, Square. I get they have a lot of stuff to focus on, but multiplayer would have been so much fun. At least there's local...

Axel92

Awards
I understand there is too much effort in maintaining a network infrastructurefor a title that you can consider as a "spin off".
However with 4 full runs to do (kh 2, bbs terra, ven, aqua) and FF Type0 HD i will not have time to play online!

TVwazhere

I never used the Arena online mode, so I'm not too concerned about it. I'm kinda excited about multiplayer arena though, especially the command board (my favorite mini game out of all the KH games) so its not a bad tradeoff for me. Did they specify though if it was multiplayer through other sets of PS3's or if you could use four (or six? i know the ps3 can use up to 7 simultaneously) controllers on the same console

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
I never used the Arena online mode, so I'm not too concerned about it. I'm kinda excited about multiplayer arena though, especially the command board (my favorite mini game out of all the KH games) so its not a bad tradeoff for me. Did they specify though if it was multiplayer through other sets of PS3's or if you could use four (or six? i know the ps3 can use up to 7 simultaneously) controllers on the same console

you misunderstood...there will be no multiplayer for Mirage Arena at all. Likely they removed the <offline> <online> options to just allow the player to teleport straight to the hub

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I'm quite disappointed, although, I can probably get over it if they tweak the AI so that's it's more oriented for single-player, and if the difficulty is pumped up a bit.

Also, it's worth noting that Yasue-san said there will be 'challenges' for all of the bosses/trials, which net extra medals upon completion, so there's that too.

And when it comes down to it, if it took that much work to implement (servers, upkeep, etc.) that it would've have interrupted or slowed the momentum for KH3's development, I'm happy with the decision they made. Mirage Arena isn't THAT extensive to begin with; it's maybe 3-4 of playtime per character.

estebanlira13

Did anyone notice that they added a small DDD segment at the end of the 2.5 trailer? Hmmm, I wonder why they did that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Good bye my friends, for we shall never battle each other~~~

SORA619

Awards
Ι can live without this althoutghout it would have been awesome. What made me angry is that they gave 1 plus hours fot FFXIV and only 30' for 2.5 Remix. We didn't learn about trophies, or collector's edition etc. Also I'm very curious if they added the capes in arena now that they won't have frame rate issues.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Did anyone notice that they added a small DDD segment at the end of the 2.5 trailer? Hmmm, I wonder why they did that.
It was in the actual trailer. It lead to a KHIII teaser, but they cut it off. [video=youtube;Q55lmpBjiy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q55lmpBjiy8&[/video]

Bogeta24

Not really that upset about this. More upset that it sounds like the BBS music was not remixed. He said since it was on the psp they were under constraints when it came to remixing the music....which in my head means they didn't do it :(

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not really that upset about this. More upset that it sounds like the BBS music was not remixed. He said since it was on the psp they were under constraints when it came to remixing the music....which in my head means they didn't do it :(

Either the music in BBS was already with real ones, or they're not going to spoil that.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
BBS music was already orchestrated and it already has a modern sound(Listen to CD/FLAC version of BBS music you will hear stuff that you couldn't on the PSP). Yoko probably didn't feel a need to redo the tracks. But you maybe surprised Yoko has her interview tomorrow.

But you have to remember she had to re-orchestrate 90 tracks from KH2 that's a lot of work

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm really sad about the lack of multiplayer, but at least Mirage Arena is still there. At least they acknowledged that the time for that could be put into KH3, and not have another "BbS delayed because of Re:CoM" situation. I hope KH3 has it's own Mirage Arena to make up for it.

At least I'l finally get to beat up Monstro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back