• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Mirage Arena will NOT be playable online in 2.5 ReMIX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
I'm going to amend my statement and say I'm not pissed but I am disappointed. To have an underwhelming multiplayer in the original and not enhance it for a ps3 port seems.....well like they just shouldn't have tried to add <online> in the original because while it's not the be all and end all people expect it. I will still thoroughly enjoy MA and for me the best part of 2.5 is FM2 anyways but it is a letdown overall and it had lots of potential for some co-op/multiplayer fun

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm just going to be honest, this is a really huge disappointment and I feel like they are missing a lot by excluding online play for Mirage Arena. This could have been an opportunity to test the waters for online play in KH3 as well as extending the "life" of the game, but... oh well...

I'm crossing my fingers that whatever tweaks they made to the single player mode makes up for the opportunity cost.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was a little disappointed, but the more time that goes into KH3, the better! I completely understand why they left it off. But I am going to hope for some online multiplayer in KH3 or in a future game lulz.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm sad there won't be online for BBS, but hopefully we will see some sort of online play in KH3. At least they had a legitimate reason to exclude it though, we've been waiting for KH3 for a long time.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
I only played Mirage Arena alone, but that's because I never knew anyone else with BbS. I'm really disappointed that I'll never get that chance, now. I Would have been okay with KH3 taking a little longer since It would have given me more to enjoy of 2.5.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm in the minority I suppose because I honestly don't care about the decision. Mirage Arena's multiplayer was never a big interest to me.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Let's be honest though. Speed up production of, and commit more time and resources to, KH3? Or create online multiplayer for an old game that, while probably would be loved by the hardcore fanbase, most likely wouldn't have received enough positive feedback nor consistent participation to warrant its development and would almost immediately be overshadowed by KH3's release in the future?

It would have been cool for sure, but I feel like the online wouldn't have been that special. I'm glad they instead decided to tweak the single player aspect of it, and focus on the development of KH3.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It's unfortunate, butI won't miss it. I never played MP in Mirage Arena.

I wonder if the Friendship Commands remain.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'm actually in the same boat as Sign. Square's experience with online play is limited (unless they bring in a team from Eidos). If they have any plans to include online play in KH3 - though who can say - this would have been the ideal time to make mistakes and build a framework to expand on later. But if they have no such plans, I'm disappointed but okay with it.

EDIT: I imagine Friendship commands will return, because there's been no implication that LOCAL multiplayer will not make an appearance, in fact the OP seems to imply that it will.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The lack of multi-player really bums me out. I was hoping to be able to play in the Mirage Arena with everyone.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I can without it, I have no one to play online with, unlike everyone else. I'm not pisssed, I'm fine without.

If there were online though, you have a lot of people to play online with...the whole KHi community would have had awesome tournaments!

Good bye my friends, for we shall never battle each other~~~

There's always...Ad-hoc party? Ah who am I kidding...we won't :( At least in BbS.

I'm just going to be honest, this is a really huge disappointment and I feel like they are missing a lot by excluding online play for Mirage Arena. This could have been an opportunity to test the waters for online play in KH3 as well as extending the "life" of the game, but... oh well...

I'm crossing my fingers that whatever tweaks they made to the single player mode makes up for the opportunity cost.

Okay, I'm gonna be brutally honest too, but I was actually looking forward to online more than anything else in the game. Look, that's just me being honest. Call me stupid for wanting something they didn't officially announce, but the thought of online is more exciting to me than remastered tracks, graphics, and Final Mix content. Perhaps the only thing that is better is Re:Coded in movie form since that's completely new. I played the Final Mix content before, the graphics and music are nice, but they aren't my forte when it comes to games, the online was literally the most exciting part (if it were possible).

So yes, I'm very disappointed (not angry, their reasoning is fair). Also, curse me out for this, but I would have been fine with KH3 being pushed back for online in this game. There, I said it. BbS, being my favorite entry in the series, is almost perfect in this collection now except for no online. I really hope that there is multiplayer online in KH3 and it's even close to as good as BbS could have been, cause if not, then I'm going to be very disappointed in SE for wasting their only opportunity.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If there were online though, you have a lot of people to play online with...the whole KHi community would have had awesome tournaments!
Yeah, we absolutely would have set those up. Forever heartbroken.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yeah, we absolutely would have set those up. Forever heartbroken.

lol I have my thread from the PSP still in tact here, I was just going to update it since it already has a bunch of PS3 IDs...but why dwell on what could have been?

tumblr_static_tumblr_mpmwuujrdn1s0ravmo1_500.gif

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Talking about missed opportunities.

I confess I never really liked most of BBS's mini games, I think they are often tedious but with a real online multiplayer mode there would have been at least more meaning to it. Also we probably won't see KHIII released in the next two years (maybe even more) so a bit tweaking for the only KH title in the mean time would've been a great idea.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Can't say that I am really surprised they didn't expand on that.
KH was never that big on Multiplayer anyways and I personally do not think that there is actually something substantial lost by discarding the whole Multiplayer aspect as a whole.

I'm looking forward to these additional challenges.
Bonus points if they would actually include Laguna Loire as a warden of the Arena as was originally planned and have him hand you out the extra stuff, but that's of course more wishful thinking than anything.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
At what Shard mentioned, I'm really just annoyed at how they mentioned, in E3 last year that KH3 was announced a bit too early, so why not increase the longevity of 2.5 HD ReMIX by adding multiplayer? Not only that, but I had the mindset burned into my brain that 2.5 HD ReMIX WILL have online, no matter what. It really upsets me, but nevertheless, I'll probably still enjoy it.

Xelon99

Awards
Would've been fun to do, but since I never had any friends to play it on the PSP with and my home connection isn't exactly great, I don't miss it.

After all, if you're creative you can just host an arena on your own right? Like set up the challenges and all and the one with the best time wins.

As for the boardgame... would've been better. But maybe they'd implement a part in the Boardgame that you can play vs yourself, so you can play local with friends, just through the same controller.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Can't say that I am really surprised they didn't expand on that.
KH was never that big on Multiplayer anyways and I personally do not think that there is actually something substantial lost by discarding the whole Multiplayer aspect as a whole.

I'm looking forward to these additional challenges.
Bonus points if they would actually include Laguna Loire as a warden of the Arena as was originally planned and have him hand you out the extra stuff, but that's of course more wishful thinking than anything.

I'm with you on this one. While I can see the appeal of an online Mirage Arena, I find most people's disappointment a little funny. KH was never, and has never at any point, been about multiplayer. It is a single player experience. Single player experiences are a dying breed. Every game nowadays has multiplayer tacked on to supposedly "extend the life of the game", but hey, who the hell is playing Bioshock 2, Arkham Origins, Metal Gear Solid 4,Tomb Raider, Dead Space 2, etc online to this day? Anyone? Most people agree that these games could have been better had the developers not spent their time on the multiplayer. Handing the mode off to a different developer would have been ideal. Tomb Raider and Batman's online modes were made by different devs and everyone agrees it's trash.

Oh and has anyone tried to platinum these kinds of games? It's quite enjoyable. *sarcasm*

So basically, people want a less polished 2.5 and an even further delayed/watered down online KH3 for a mode they'll only touch a handful of times. Yeah, that's rich.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm with you on this one. While I can see the appeal of an online Mirage Arena, I find most people's disappointment a little funny. KH was never, and has never at any point, been about multiplayer. It is a single player experience. Single player experiences are a dying breed. Every game nowadays has multiplayer tacked on to supposedly "extend the life of the game", but hey, who the hell is playing Bioshock 2, Arkham Origins, Metal Gear Solid 4,Tomb Raider, Dead Space 2, etc online to this day? Anyone? Most people agree that these games could have been better had the developers not spent their time on the multiplayer. Handing the mode off to a different developer would have been ideal. Tomb Raider and Batman's online modes were made by different devs and everyone agrees it's trash.

Oh and has anyone tried to platinum these kinds of games? It's quite enjoyable. *sarcasm*

So basically, people want a less polished 2.5 and an even further delayed/watered down online KH3 for a mode they'll only touch a handful of times. Yeah, that's rich.
I agree, I rather more time be put into 2.5 and 3 than a multplayer that only going to worsen the games. Even if the KHi Community were to play with me, who's to say some won't get bored of it, plus the only games I gave are Generations and Storm 2, neither I bet anyone plays online anymore.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
The problem with these comparisons is that Kingdom Hearts' multiplayer was actually fun, and the content, at least in Bbs, was intended to be done by numerous players, but I'm guessing they're tweaking that to make it easier to single-player all content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back