• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The most ... interesting presents you ever got

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veevee

Awards
I hope such a thread doesn't exist yet, if it does, go ahead and delete it. In this wonderful thread you can list the most interesting, funny, stupid, unnecessary, awesome presents you ever got. Share the story of your socks.

I'll start right away:
Every year, my aunt gives me a book for my birthday. I certainly like reading and books, so this is not the worst idea. The thing that makes these presents awful is that those books are always, I cannot stress this enough, always about some poor person who got ****** up by life, government, men, women, dictators or the whole age. Be it jews, women longing for freedom or another minority, I got them all covered. This year it is about some oppressed artist in the age of Stalin - while I'm aware that history should not be forgotten, I am definitely not a person for those topics. I hate to see people suffer, I get sick from it, I absolutely can't bear it, so reading 500 pages waiting for the next torture concluding in inevitable death is something I could kinda deal with in Game of Thrones, but not with actual people. The best part of this story is that she gave it to me with a smile and said "I found it rather intriguing and it certainly lifted my spirits". OH MY GOSH. How can you use oppression, Stalin and lifted my spirits in the same sentence. :D

Soo, I'm looking forward to your stories :D

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Oh my, Hemmo should definitely read this, I bet the book selection would be intriguing for fellas like me and him lol

I once got an ugly lamp.
Then, an ugly Christmas candle for my birthday which is not on Christmas. December 16th btw
Maybe I'll remember more but right now I'll just say that what I got is at least better than getting an insulting 1$ as a birthday gift. True story

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
That book you described sounds very fascinating. Was it based on facts and historical accuracy, thus being a real deal, not fiction?

I got a towel once when I was small. I tried to act like I was super excited about, saying a very loud voice "MY OWN TOWEL, OH MY GOSH!" but it was rather easy to see that I was not pleased. xD It is now a running joke in our family.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Our family have done a Secret Santa for the last few years.

uKQgitD.jpg

I got given a 4 pack of beer with sweets taped on, with tinsel.
I don't think it added up to the total we agreed on for Secret Santa.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
When I was a kid I got a Dalek helmet with it's voice and everything, since I loved watching Doctor Who.

I didn't even know what to do with it when I got it. You couldn't even get your head in it. o.o

I have no idea what happened to it, it's probably somewhere in the house gathering dust.

Veevee

Awards
That book you described sounds very fascinating. Was it based on facts and historical accuracy, thus being a real deal, not fiction?

I got a towel once when I was small. I tried to act like I was super excited about, saying a very loud voice "MY OWN TOWEL, OH MY GOSH!" but it was rather easy to see that I was not pleased. xD It is now a running joke in our family.

Dunno. It's called "the noise of time" if that helps you. Oh my, that is fantastic. :D I can imagine it so well!

@DarkGrey: 1$? The last present my uncle sent to me was a tiny book for notes ... he is a dentist, it was one of those he gets for free. Yeah. How happy I was that I had to call him to thank him for that "wonderful" gift I threw into the trashcan, all the while I was asking myself why he would insult me instead of just giving me nothing.

@Noir: That looks like a wonderful survival pack.

@Not Ienzo: Nice try, I guess? :D

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Spongebob PJ pants.
No seriously, one Christmas that was all I got.

DarkGrey Heroine

Awards
Spongebob PJ pants.
No seriously, one Christmas that was all I got.

I want them.

Veevee ikr, gifts like those are better off not existing at all. But well they are also great for delivering a message or some kind of cartoon vengeance xD though it's your uncle, he could have at least tried,
but who am I to talk, I never get ANYTHING from my aunts and uncles and I have a shitton of relatives
s_271289_50b2a45f5d34c.jpg

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
once i was in the hospital right after my bday cause i almost died in an accident and the nurse gave me an extra injection of codiene as a "birthday present". it was a dope gift.

DarkGrey Heroine

Awards
once i was in the hospital right after my bday cause i almost died in an accident and the nurse gave me an extra injection of codiene as a "birthday present". it was a dope gift.

Oh my God... was that gift even legal
or healthy

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Dunno. It's called "the noise of time" if that helps you. Oh my, that is fantastic. :D I can imagine it so well!

Thank you! I`ll check it out when I have the time to do so.

Soldier

Awards
One year I got a cardboard bison head for my wall. It's made of recycled paper (so I'm theoretically "saving the planet") and looks amazing with the glow in the dark shutter shades I placed on it. As absurd as it sounds, it is an amazing gift.

JuneCrescent

One time for my birthday, my ex-boyfriend lent me books.. Yeah, lent me.
I had to give him back. :')

Awards
My mom got me this.
illuninatedButtons2.jpg

This isn't even me reminiscing. I literally just got this a few days ago for my birthday.

It's definitely one of those bootleg game things you find in the bargain bin or the far back of the shelf at the store. The games, all 220 of them, are all generic "retro" titles that run slow as balls and are not impressive in the slightest. And all of them are actually in the mini game section. The actual main games on this thing are sports related with dumb looking "3d models".

Of course when I tried to explain to my family that it was a bootleg, they didn't believe me. My mom got frustrated and her boyfriend thought it was legit because it was at Walmart. My sister soon caught on to the bootleg-ness though.

hanifanze

I hope such a thread doesn't exist yet, if it does, go ahead and delete it. In this wonderful thread you can list the most interesting, funny, stupid, unnecessary, awesome presents you ever got. Share the story of your socks.

I'll start right away:
Every year, my aunt gives me a book for my birthday. I certainly like reading and books, so this is not the worst idea. The thing that makes these presents awful is that those books are always, I cannot stress this enough, always about some poor person who got ****** up by life, government, men, women, dictators or the whole age. Be it jews, women longing for freedom or another minority, I got them all covered. This year it is about some oppressed artist in the age of Stalin - while I'm aware that history should not be forgotten, I am definitely not a Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire person for those topics. I hate to see people suffer, I get sick from it, I absolutely can't bear it, so reading 500 pages waiting for the next torture concluding in inevitable death is something I could kinda deal with in Game of Thrones, but not with actual people. The best part of this story is that she gave it to me with a smile and said "I found it rather intriguing and it certainly lifted my spirits". OH MY GOSH. How can you use oppression, Stalin and lifted my spirits in the same sentence. :D
Soo, I'm looking forward to your stories :D
I bet the book selection would be intriguing for fellas like me and him lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back