• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The music of Final Fantasy discussion, read the OP.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
well here i am at 4 am finna post in paladin aka haeralis aka haeralis the great aka certified badass' ff music thread but there was one slight caveat...

SOME people thought it'd be funny to embed FIFTY ING YOUTUBE VIDS in their posts, and then my internet kept dying and i couldn't post! therefore, i am being a rebel and posting a new thread -- THIS TIME WITH NO EMBEDDING. just post the youtube link and you will be fine. i am so sorry paladin aka haeralis aka haeralis the great aka certified badass for closing your own thread but... every time i opened it my browser died! lo siento mi novio.

with that being said,
DO NOT EMBED YOUTUBE VIDEOS
because it can screw up a poor man's internet browser

and if a written warning isn't enough,
Vocaroo | Record and send voice emails

anyway to kick things off in this thread, i saw an idea in the previous thread that i rather liked but was kinda overlooked. let's take each game from the series we've played, and post our favorite track from each. oh... and if you wanna brag about some new ffxiv track sham, go ahead and do that too idc. as for me:

final fantasy
chaos final battle

final fantasy ii
main theme

final fantasy iii
into the crystal cave

final fantasy iv
zeromus

final fantasy v
my home, sweet home

final fantasy vi
the decisive battle

final fantasy vii
opening theme: bombing mission

final fantasy viii
the spy

final fantasy ix
place of memory [memoria]

final fantasy x
besaid island

final fantasy x-2
mushroom rock road

final fantasy xii
rabanastre lowtown

final fantasy xiii
the gapra whitewood

final fantasy: mystic quest
boss battle

final fantasy tactics
tutorial

final fantasy tactics advance
battle of hope

final fantasy tactics a2: grimoire of the rift
front and back

crisis core: final fantasy vii
an ancient hymn sung by the water

lagoon
philips castle

~happy posting~​

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Some other good FFX shit:
Jecht's Theme
People of the Far North/North Pole
Fleeting Dream/Someday the Dream will end
To Zanarkand
Leap in the Dark/Underground Activities
Wandering Flame

And just to clarify things, 'Otherworld' - the music played during the early FMV with the blitzball game and Sin wreaking havoc on Zanarkand - is not performed by Rammstein. It was arranged by Michio Okamiya of The Black Mages, lyrics done by Takuya Sugimoto and sung by Bill Muir. Rammstein also sings almost exclusively in German, so it'd be weird to hear them singing a song entirely in English.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
YouTuber sschafi1 was able to use Garritan Personal Orchestra and East West's musical arrangement program, Colossus, to remaster FFVI's soundtrack with realistic-sounding instruments. While it isn't official, none of the score was altered/remixed in any way, so I'd say it's worth at least listening to for nostalgia's sake: Final Fantasy 6 - Folder Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

However, I wouldn't listen to his remake of "The Fierce Battle," which was made only with Garritan Personal Orchestra, and not Colossus.

Winterborn

FF VII: one winged angel
FF X: besaid island, ending theme, otherworld, auron's theme, this is your story.
FF X2: memories of lightwaves and yuna's balled

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I like all the main themes for FF1-13 and last boss themes. And 14's opening themes. Although I've listened to more.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Trisection FFT
Main Theme FF1
Battle Theme FF2
Red Wings, Battle With The Four Fiends FF4
Clash On The Big Bridge FF5
Dancing Mad FF6
Main Theme, Those Who Fight, One Winged Angel FF7
Dont Be Afraid FF8
Zanarkand, Battle Theme FF10
Battle For Freedom, Boss Battle, Fight To The Death, Esper Battle, Sorrow Imperial Version, Destiny FF12

Sorry about the embed problem, and thanks for stickying a thread like this finally.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Hmm...Well, I suppose I'll put in my faves.

FFI- Battle (Dissidia Version)
FFIV-Main Theme. It has that ambiance feel that I really love...
FFV- Mambo de Chocobo. I dunno, but if any song besides "(You spin me) Right Round" could make me dance, this is it.
FFVI- Dancing Mad. All of it, not just the bit found in Dissidia. Kefka for the Win (Behind Kuja and Sephy. In that order. Kuja>Sephy>Kefka)!
FFVII- J.E.N.O.V.A and the various remixes, Especially Advent Children's, and J.E.N.O.V.A Celestial. And the obligatory Advent One-Winged Angel.
FFVII Crisis Core- All of the Boss Battle themes (The Summoned, Face of Lost Pride, a Beating Black wing, etc), along with An Ancient Hymn Sung by the Water and Howl of the Gathered.
FFVIII- Time Compression. It's just one of those funny little songs that gets into one's head and never lets go...It's humorous, but not exceedingly so.
FFIX (The game I really wanna play...If I ever get enough spare money and a PSN-money-account-whatchyamacallit)- Main Theme, Darkness of Eternity, and the two Battle themes that show up in Dissidia. Epic battle music, only makes me want to play the game more...
FFX-Otherworld. I love it so much, I've got it on my PSP as an mp3.
FFXI-Awakening. When I play as Exdeath in Dissidia, I can't help but think it fits him for some reason...

Those are my faves, considering my lack of overall knowledge of the series. Feel free to appraise/criticize at will...

Last edited:

yozoraki

hmm... I would have to say:

FF6

Terra's theme the Orchestrated version YouTube - Final Fantasy VI - Terra's Theme (Orchestrated)

FF8

The Man With the Machine Gun YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun [HQ]
Shuffle or Boogie YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII - Shuffle or Boogie [HQ]
SeeD YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII - SeeD [HQ]
and it was a toss up between these two:
Liberi Fatali and Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec

FF9

The place I'll return to someday YouTube - Final Fantasy IX OST - The Place I`ll Return to Someday

FF10

Suteki da ne YouTube - Final Fantasy X-Suteki Da Ne
To Zanarkand YouTube - Final Fantasy X OST : To Zanarkand
Brass de Chocobo YouTube - 40-Brass de Chocobo-FFX OST

Back