• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The music of Final Fantasy discussion, read the OP.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cloud2121

FF III _ Eternal Wind, The last battle
FF VI _ Omen
FF VII _ Cosmo Canyon
FF VIII _ Blue Fields(Dissidia and original)
FF IX _ Quina's theme, Over the hill
FF X _ Summoned Beast Battle, Seymour Battle
FF XII _ Esper Battle, Golmore Jungle
FF XIII _ Blinded by Light, Nascent's Requiem
FF XIII-2 _ Plains of Eternity

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
Not to talk about favorites, but I received this (and considering this is about Music in FF) today:

1147684_10151777217765102_1928739051_o.jpg

Yakumo Fuji

Awards
I just discovered this awesome arrangement of the battle theme from Final Fantasy VII, performed in the style of Yoko Shimomura (whether that's intentional or not, I can't say, but it sure sounds like it could be in a Kingdom Hearts game):

Fighting - A Melancholy Tribute To Final Fantasy VII - YouTube

I just so happened to come across this album by TPR posted in another forum. The arrangements are first class - simply chilling and amazing. Downloaded and have been listening to them ever since.

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
For FF X Besaid Island is beautiful, but the song that plays in the Zanarkand Ruins makes me fall apart. I believe its called "Someday the Dream Will End." Its so amazing. As for Final Fantasy IV I honestly like the Love Theme. And of course for VIII Blue Fields always brings back good memories! :D

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Just wanted to let people know that Distant Worlds III has been out for about a month now, in case people missed it!

In three days, they will release a studio version of Final Symphony, recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra, which features re-arranged music from VI, VII and X.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Just wanted to let people know that Distant Worlds III has been out for about a month now, in case people missed it!

In three days, they will release a studio version of Final Symphony, recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra, which features re-arranged music from VI, VII and X.

Awesome! That sounds good.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
From tonight's wrestling episode. The character with the trombone used the victory fanfare theme and wasn't just once.

[video=youtube;0bE-yvLs_xk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bE-yvLs_xk[/video]

Wander

Anyone going to the piano concert in London on 15 November?
I'm tempted to go, but for £35 I'm not sure.

magic713

Awards
Well, my favorite songs from games I have played would by:

Final Fantasy VI: Battle to the Death

Final Fantasy VII: One-Winged Angel

Final Fantasy VIII: Succession of Witches

Final Fantasy IX: Not Alone

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Nobuo Uematsu just wet his pants

[video=youtube;l-EtQtE47Vk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-EtQtE47Vk[/video]

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This thread needs love. The nostalgia in this thread is overwhelming and shout out to everyone who posted Crisis Core tracks!

Final Fantasy XI
Opening Theme

It starts grand and cheerful, but then gets serious with Esperanto. It's a beautiful blend.

Final Fantasy XII
Ending Movie

I'm surprised to see that no one posted this. It's beautifully well done and is extremely grand.

Infamita

I'm new to this thread, so sorry if I'm reiterating what someone else has already said <3

Final Fantasy II
World Theme

Wait till 0:39

Final Fantasy XIII
The Archylte Steppe

Loved it in FFXIII, loved it again in Dissidia

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I know we've all probably discussed this at depth, but honestly, Final Fantaxy XV's soundtrack is simply one of the best I've ever heard.

Somnus is such a beautiful song, and while I do like the one with singing, the instrumental is just chilling.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
[video=youtube;CYfFoZHG1XA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYfFoZHG1XA&index=2&list=PL688B5303B6BF10B6[/video]

Shame no-one ever talks about this game when it comes to soundtracks, because by god, it has one of the most diverse genres of music in a video game: period.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I know we've all probably discussed this at depth, but honestly, Final Fantaxy XV's soundtrack is simply one of the best I've ever heard.
I loved XV's soundtrack. I wish videogame soundtracks weren't so expensive, because I'd buy all of them if they were just $20 a piece. Instead they're usually $40-60+.

I'd say XV, IX, and X are my favorite soundtracks. When you play the games back to back, X-2's soundtrack sounds like a pretty large drop in quality, but I do like it for what it is. I've always really enjoyed "Real Emotion" and "1000 Words." As much as I like XII, music was not a real stand-out for that title.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
[video=youtube;CYfFoZHG1XA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYfFoZHG1XA&index=2&list=PL688B5303B6BF10B6[/video]

Shame no-one ever talks about this game when it comes to soundtracks, because by god, it has one of the most diverse genres of music in a video game: period.
I would if I played it. (I do have it just haven't gotten to it yet. XD)
But man, this track makes want to just get up and dance!

Recon

Art of War
Awards

It's definitely the soundtrack with the most songs I like.

Favorites:
1. Stand Your Ground
2. Galdin Quay
3. Save Heaven
4. OMNIS LACRIMA
5. RAVUS AETERNA
6. SOMNUS
7. Relax and Reflect
8. Altissia
9. Hammerhead
10. Bros on the Road

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
FF XV is difficult to me. It has some really good tracks (like The Fight Is On), and then some others are just....forced in my ears. Where Destati was always the perfect amount of epic, I felt like Shimomura overdid it at some points in the XV ost.
Still a decent OST as in almost every Final Fantasy game.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
About FFXV, let's not forget the beautiful Disquiet
aaand I would add What Lies Within + Unsettling Aura (ohhh the chills of these ones, the cold chills of dungeons when I explored them in the middle of the night irl), The Nilfheim Empire (got me humming the melodic line when I'm not playing), The Aggressors, The Hunters (such post-rock vibes! I adore listening to it on repeat, this one's by Tetsuya Shibata* tho), Valse di Fantastica (of course, it was epic, iconic even before), Apocalypsis Noctis, Somnus aka the track that makes my mother cry every.single.time, Omnis Lacrima, Horrors of the Night (I ADORE THIS ONE, I don't care if TWO Red Giants appear after I slay ONE, the music creates such majestic tension) + Neverending Nightmare, Tenebrae, Melancholia, Starlit Waltz which was on the Platinum Demo too, oh what am I doing, FFXV's soundtrack is without a doubt outstanding, truly, we got terribly beautiful pieces of art here

I consider FFXV's soundtrack mature and diverse, maturely diverse in fact, all in harmony with the different locations and themes of this game, and definitely it was a challenging project, nothing like overall light-hearted KH, for Shimomura so I admire the result even though yes, me too I admit that it's not as solid all together as it could have beenbut with so many individual masterpieces I can't help but feel satisfied
And the Chocobo themes are awesooooooooooomeeeeeeeeee ; w ;
these are composed by Nobuo Uematsu, arranged by Mitsuhiro Ohta*

this aside, Naoshi Mizuta, composer of Episode Prompto's music, THANK YOU WHOLEHEARTEDLY, darn the tracks are too gooooood, Orbital Instability ver1 and ver2 are hypnotizingggggg and beyond cool

*edited: added composer credit where the piece wasn't Shimomura's. Thanks ReMagnus

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Distant Worlds IV is out now, by the way! You can preview the whole album here!

As for Final Fantasy XV, while Yoko Shimomura is typically given the sole credit for this soundtrack - even on the actual soundtrack itself - she is in fact not the sole composer of it. Like most of the town themes with elevator music. Shimomura had absolutely nothing to do with those. Hammerhead, Galdin Quay, Lestallum etc.

VGMdb Forums - View Single Post - SQEX-10566~9: FINAL FANTASY XV Original Soundtrack

Here's a good breakdown of all the credits. I believe the official MP3 rip from the Blu-ray edition also comes with appropriate tags.

Back