• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The new KHDR characters may be the ancestors of the heroes we know. (Theory)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Vor may well be Kairi's grandmother, short stature, blue eyes and blond hair.
Contrary to theories about his relationship with Braig, Bragi is personally visible to me as the ancestor of Axel, red hair and short eyebrows and a very smug look very much like Lea.
As for the other two, it is more complicated.
Urd resembles Riku and I can quite believe that she is his grandmother.
Hermod is even harder; his hair has a bluish tint. Perhaps he is a relative of Isa.
As for Yen Sid, I can well believe that he could be the teacher of all these characters. He is an ancient wizard and could well have been an adult at the time of KHDR.
And I increasingly believe that Radiant Garden comes from Scala.

Zul

Awards
The only S-E family relation are the two brothers in my avatar, which is the final battle of FF7R part 3.

SuperNova

Awards
I really don't think the new characters are related to anybody. The only "confirmed" Ancestry so far is Brain/Eraqus. And I'd prefer it'd stay that way.

Foxycian

Awards
But kairi’s grandma has dark blue eyes? Vor has Green eyes.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I will always hate the whole everyone is related or connected to someone stuff in KH. Can't new characters be new characters with no connections to anyone in the series?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well, only Nomura from series to series connects the characters with each other.

Metaphysical connections are one thing, blood relations are another. And again, in almost 20 years, this series only has two of the latter: Lauriam and Strelitzia, and Eraqus and his ancestor who is probably Brain. I don't see how that justifies every new character being related by blood to the most random of people. The "Nomura gonna Nomura" excuse doesn't cut it.

AegisXIII

Awards
Yeah Nomura is always doing surprising stuff. And the "I am your father stuff" is the most blank uninspired plot trick ever.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Only one I could possibly see is Vor, and that's because the timeline fits. Xehanort was an old man in BBS and Kairi's grandmother is obviously up there in age herself. There's also the obvious elephant in the room being, how in the hell does she even KNOW about something like this??

I mean, yeah, there's now an instance of blood-related connections in Kingdom Hearts, so the precedence IS there. I don't think everyone here in Dark Road is related to everyone currently in the forefront though.

Now, Radiant Garden = Scala ad Caelum? Hm. On one hand, it's a bit of a stretch because geographically speaking, they don't look alike whatsoever. Although... Scala didn't look like Daybreak Town either, but it's built on top of the ruins all the same, so who knows. And Castle Oblivion didn't look like the Land of Departure at all, despite LoD being the original form of that world.

Two, Scala seemed to be a world that existed at least up to 75 years ago (maybe even closer to Present Day than we think). If that were the case, then people like Ansem the Wise and Kairi's grandma would absolutely know about the change, since they'd be alive closer to when it'd occur. Not to mention, there would have to be records of the change. Maybe Tron would have data on that too, and if Riku is currently in Radiant Garden... This might be a perfect opportunity for something like that to be explained, especially as a Keyblade Master himself.

And three, we don't actually know what happened to Scala either. For all we know, it could be in existence perfectly fine but just difficult to get to for the sake of protection. Land of Departure turned into Castle Oblivion, and LoD is a place that definitely took inspiration from Scala, so I'm sure Scala itself has many preventative measures that exist should the worst happen. Especially since LoD transformed into CO with knowledge that Eraqus passed on to Aqua, so it's something only Keyblade Masters should know. Since Eraqus and Xehanort studied in Scala, I'd have to think Eraqus learned it from there.

On the other hand, it's also not like Radiant Garden hasn't had something similar happen to it before. I mean two years ago (as of ReMind), the place was still called Hollow Bastion because of Maleficent taking it over 9 years prior and destroying it. As well, Radiant Garden may not look like Scala ad Caelum, but it does share similarities with Daybreak Town. And if Radiant Garden = Scala ad Caelum and Vor = Kairi's grandma, then it'd make sense because Scala is supposed to be the hub for all Keyblade wielders, and we see Kairi's grandma in Radiant Garden. Daybreak Town was destroyed by something and became Scala, but if something did happen to Scala and Keyblade wielders were present during this (and they would be), I'm sure they'd act in some way to save their home.

But to pull a Nomura here... What grows in a garden? Flowers. What flowers hold the most significance in the story? Dandelions. What do you call light that glows brightly? Radiant. Personally, I think when the World split, parts of Daybreak Town did too, and that's why we have Twilight Town and Traverse Town also in existence. They all form a different purpose, but they're originally part of one bigger world. Not to mention, the buildings in each town do look sorta similar. You never know.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
if Riku is currently in Radiant Garden... This might be a perfect opportunity for something like that to be explained, especially as a Keyblade Master himself.
Man I want that Riku-growing-into-himself-as-a-Keyblade-Master arc so damn much. Why did they have to send TAV to the Dark Realm? I hope we'll get to see Riku holding the fort in LoD while they are gone.

About the topic at hand: too many connections. I can get behind one of the girls being Kairi's grandmother because the age fits and the running joke takes my mind off Vor being just another tiny super-magical girl in FF/anime world. Also I want to see if/how Bragi connects to Braig/Luxu (I hope it's tragic AF because he looks like a smug SoaB with his cool hair). But definitely blood relations would be pushing it. Let's stick to chosen-family tropes for KH please :)

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Man I want that Riku-growing-into-himself-as-a-Keyblade-Master arc so damn much. Why did they have to send TAV to the Dark Realm? I hope we'll get to see Riku holding the fort in LoD while they are gone.

About the topic at hand: too many connections. I can get behind one of the girls being Kairi's grandmother because the age fits and the running joke takes my mind off Vor being just another tiny super-magical girl in FF/anime world. Also I want to see if/how Bragi connects to Braig/Luxu (I hope it's tragic AF because he looks like a smug SoaB with his cool hair). But definitely blood relations would be pushing it. Let's stick to chosen-family tropes for KH please :)

I feel like the next game will have it, considering Kairi is still a brand-new Keyblade wielder. KH3 didn't do it because literally right after he became a Master, he had to go look in the Realm of Darkness with Mickey, maybe stop by Radiant Garden to get some information and then they both go back in the RoD. In this upcoming game, his focus is on finding Sora and if Kairi's already possibly looking around, this is a great opportunity for her to learn from an actual wielder. Merlin's a powerful wizard and ReMind did show that both her and Lea's training had merit to it... But there's no replacing learning swordsmanship from an actual swordsman, y'know? It's like how usually the greatest sports coaches used to be players themselves, and Merlin probably never used a Keyblade before.

Actually, I'd love for him to walk around and explore LoD, only for him to find out that this also used to be Castle Oblivion for a short time. Kid would have his mind blown.

It'd be funny if Vor turned out to be the cocky one, and it's actually Bragi that's awkward and meek lmao. But Bragi = Braig is so on the nose, it may as well be your damn nose, and so far Nomura hasn't really worked with being super predictable like that. When Lauriam first walked onto the scene in KHUX, everyone was convinced he was Strelitzia's killer until it was revealed that they're related (and despite how crazy Nomura is, he's not gonna make the guy tombstone his own sister, c'mon lmao). Then everyone thought it was Brain who killed Strelitzia because "he's suspicious", until we found out that Ava chose him personally to be a Union Leader... Even though he wasn't chosen by the Master of Masters. Now everyone is suspicious of Ven because neither the MoM or Ava chose him, and somebody must've tricked him into thinking he was chosen for a reason (plus Vanitas is a thing, so...). You just never know.

Luxu body-hopped the same way Xehanort did later on, so you have to wonder how he came to learn that. I think anyone could be fair game in terms of Luxu's vessel, he never said he's only had male vessels to possess, so it's a possibility to keep in mind. But if Luxu really is Bragi, this guy must've thought he was so clever by moving a letter over to the left once and calling it a day lmao.

Foxycian

Awards
In my opinion, trying to connect everything isn’t the best method, like for example trying to connect the characters aka blood relation.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I feel like the next game will have it, (...)

Actually, I'd love for him to walk around and explore LoD, only for him to find out that this also used to be Castle Oblivion for a short time. Kid would have his mind blown.

When has Nomura NOT delivered on "secret ending" stuff? Re:Mind gave me that vibe, so I'm sure he'll deliver. Also Riku is SO well written (and Kairi, too dammit! she just doesn't have enough screen time), why would the awesomeness stop? I could only see this apprentice-ship stuff not happening (much) / only visible in the background because it's not as edgy or interesting to papa than other plot elements and arcs.

It'd be funny if Vor turned out to be the cocky one, and it's actually Bragi that's awkward and meek lmao.
Yes! I don't know about Vor, but I'm actually half-convinced Bragi will be an awkward teen.

And about Bragi/Braig, I'd like the connection to be that Luxu's met him and thought "hmm what if I stole/copy some of that guy's identity (read "power") for my next identity". Like, something a bit random but with a little bit of purpose, or a nod. Or something happens to Bragi, Luxu (who until then was a random NPC or one of the other three new characters) usurps his identity that one random time to sneak into the library after-hours or something, but then more shit happens and he keeps part of that alias because it's convenient.

Luxu body-hopped the same way Xehanort did later on, so you have to wonder how he came to learn that. I think anyone could be fair game in terms of Luxu's vessel, he never said he's only had male vessels to possess, so it's a possibility to keep in mind.

I'm very intrigued by that body-hopping power, Luxu edition, and excited to learn more (my head-canon is Xehanort learned it from Luxu and that's why Braig was one of the earliest sidekicks). And yes, Luxu's gotta be a girl at some point <3

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Like a fellow member mentioned in the Dark Road thread: I think these new characters are gonna be the Hayner, Pence and Olette of Scala ad Caelum. They're gonna use them to build the world of Scala and flesh it out. I have a feeling that, during main missions to visit other worlds, Eraqus and Xehanort are gonna be the center of attention, but when they come back, they interact with their fellow Wielders in Scala and hangout and stuff.

I also think Nomura is gonna kill these characters off before they're used again.

...or they're gonna end up being the identities of the Foretellers or the hearts/bodies the Foretellers used to reach Luxu.

Back