• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonickenshin

Awards
Re: Confirmed VAs

Personally, I think he's a good actor. He just plays too much in the heroic roles that he gets pretty much tiring. But his role in Persona 4 made him a breath of fresh air that I wouldn't mind him in the role of Vanitas.
No doubt he's a good actor...it's just that most of the roles he's casted in have been hit or miss and the ones that do hit are marvelous, but other times all I hear is Johnny Yong Bosch as... rather than .... as Johnny Yong Bosch. If that makes sense (meaning all I hear is Johnny, whereas...say...Liam O'Brien or Steve Blum's recent roles I hear the character).

I rather hear something experimental (i.e. if it really is Sora in the Japanese version, it'd be interesting to see Haley as him) or someone completely new.

O

Outsyder

Oh that's cool. I can picture jesse as the voice of ventus, seeing that he looks exactly like roxas and he played roxas to.. :embarassed:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

I find it very hard to believe that somebody leaked the ending, they would have to have been working with the localization folks. I think Derek is being a tad bit weird about it, regardless.

Last edited:

sonickenshin

Awards
Re: VA Discussion Thread

I personally think it's a strategic attempt in getting fans to stop bugging actors.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

Yeah, but I doubt he would risk lying about someone leaking the ending just to get a few insistent fans off his back. That'd be falsely accusing someone if he said it to get people to leave him alone. Plus, he's a voice actor; talking to fans is a part of his job.

sonickenshin

Awards

Yeah, but I doubt he would risk lying about someone leaking the ending just to get a few insistent fans off his back. That'd be falsely accusing someone if he said it to get people to leave him alone. Plus, he's a voice actor; talking to fans is a part of his job.
...that's a good point there.

I think Christopher Lee will have to reprise for Ansem...otherwise Yen Sid and Ansem will sound the same. D= James Woods...is kind of a given. I wonder if they'll use Josh Keaton or Tate Donovan for Young Hercules though (...sicne they both voiced Young Hercules...one in the movie...one on TV)...don't ask them.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Originally Posted by oathkeeperriku09
Thanks, I haven't played the game in weeks, but I got 100% on it. Rick Gomez may do Zack again, and if Paine's VA is chosen, the scence with Zack & Aqua will be funnier

Gwendoline Yeo, Paine's VA, already replied to one of the other members that she isn't involved in BBS.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Gwendoline Yeo, Paine's VA, already replied to one of the other members that she isn't involved in BBS.

So, who ever voice Aqua, will be a fan's dream or a fan's nightmare. That brings up the biggest question, how come with 45% of KH fandom bitching about the VA of KH (After the frist one), how can any of the games be selling outside Japan? Someone answer for me?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Originally Posted by oathkeeperriku09
So, who ever voice Aqua, will be a fan's dream or a fan's nightmare. That brings up the biggest question, how come with 45% of KH fandom bitching about the VA of KH (After the frist one), how can any of the games be selling outside Japan? Someone answer for me?

The voices aren't as important as the game itself. Sure, the voices can be irritating at times, but that's what the mute button / skip cutscene option is for :p

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards

But it's nowhere near as fun without the voices, even if they are horrible, which I don't think they will be for BBS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Originally Posted by Sahrvergnugen
But it's nowhere near as fun without the voices, even if they are horrible, which I don't think they will be for BBS

I agree with you there, which is why I didn't say I muted it myself XD

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

LOL and I looked at the thread that talked about having a Journal in BBS and I was wondering why hasnt anyone asked the voice of Jiminy Cricket to see if he is in the game, or what about Donal, Daisy, and Goofy? I mean we know they are pretty much confirmed but still.

Lol I started that thread. I am pretty sure it is safe to assume who the disney characters that consecutively appear will be the same actors if they are in it.

I AM TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF XEMNAS' VOICE ACTOR BUT APPARENTLY "Paul Schmidl Peter" IS A HORRIBLE NAME TO TRY TO FIND ANYWHERE. Did Xemnas's voice actor just disappear? I want to contact him and ask him about possible involvment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back