• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempied

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I feel like Gamespot forums are just as bad as Youtube comments :\
They have bits, and pieces of smarter people there, except think threads evolving into a 4chan form, and people trying to.....Well I'll leave
this here GameSpot Forums - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - Terra VA? (I'm acting like a child about it, but by god never have I encountered such buffoons since youtube. :S

BOT: So on a scale of 1-10 whats everyone opinions of the VA's now based on the material released? The game is almost 2 weeks to release now, and i'm pumped for performances. Whether they hope to improve - Sadly lower opinion.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

They have bits, and pieces of smarter people there, except think threads evolving into a 4chan form, and people trying to.....Well I'll leave
this here GameSpot Forums - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - Terra VA? (I'm acting like a child about it, but by god never have I encountered such buffoons since youtube. :S

BOT: So on a scale of 1-10 whats everyone opinions of the VA's now based on the material released? The game is almost 2 weeks to release now, and i'm pumped for performances. Whether they hope to improve - Sadly lower opinion.

I'm getting the feeling a large number of the other members worship that one guy and treat everything he says as the absolute truth. It's ridiculous :\

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

That wouldn't make any sense if they did that.

Why not? MX invaded his body, but it's still his body, and it should have a consistent voice. Otherwise, it's like saying the voices of Jason Dohring and Leonard Nimoy assimilate to sound like Richard Epcar. I thought it would be consistent that way. Back when he refused to let on whether or not he'd be involved with BBS, I thought it was because he was doing Terra, and it would give away the details.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

So on a scale of 1-10 whats everyone opinions of the VA's now based on the material released? The game is almost 2 weeks to release now, and i'm pumped for performances. Whether they hope to improve - Sadly lower opinion.

Terra - 7.5/10
Ventus - 9/10
Aqua - 7/10
Vanitas - 7/10
Eraqus - 9/10
Master Xehanort - 9/10

A total would probably be 8.5
But again, this is before the game's release so who knows if it'll go up.

Why not? MX invaded his body, but it's still his body, and it should have a consistent voice. Otherwise, it's like saying the voices of Jason Dohring and Leonard Nimoy assimilate to sound like Richard Epcar. I thought it would be consistent that way. Back when he refused to let on whether or not he'd be involved with BBS, I thought it was because he was doing Terra, and it would give away the details.

That's not how it works. When MX possessed his body, Terra's body itself changed. Think about it: When MX possessed Terra, what changed? Terra's body had white hair, yellow eyes, and had the voice of Master Xehanort when he was young. This makes much more sense than the voice staying that way all the time.
Plus his voice would just give it away. His voice sounds the same in all of his roles so it would be a dead give away to Terra's fate.

Plus it'd be even more inconsistent because the Japanese voice of Terra was different than the Japanese voice of Xehanort.

See how this makes no sense?

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

Like what skyfoxx said, this is just as of now.

Terra 6/10
Ventus 10/10
Aqua 6/10
ME 9/10
MX 6/10
Vanitas 10/10 (hard to call with two lines, but I've yet to hear a flaw)
Mickey 10/10 (I can hear the differences, but he did an excellent job imitating someone else's distinguishable inflection of the character)

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Im finna put the ratings on the track

Terra-8
Aqua-7.5
Ventus- 8
Vanitas-8.5
MX= 6
Eraqus- 9
Mickey-10(RIP ALWINE) Iwan is doing him justice.

Get the hatin

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Terra-7
Ventus-10
Aqua-7.5
MX-10
Vanitas-10
Eraqus-6.5
Mickey-10

sonickenshin

Awards

Why are we even putting Mickey in the rating? Am I the only one who thinks Disney won't ever cast someone bad for their characters (not the KH ones, they're not in charge of casting those guys)?

Terra 7/10 (Decent acting, but the voice is kind of a bad contrast to the character. But it still works)
Ventus 9/10 (I enjoy his Ven more than his Roxas)
Aqua 5/10 (The complete opposite of Terra. The voice works, but her acting is...mostly a misfire. Most of her line reads feel disinterested and uninspired.)
ME 10/10 (Mark Hamill doesn't disappoint. Too bad his lines are all poorly written)
MX 8/10 (He really grew on me. Now his voice bring out the intensity of the character.)
Vanitas 9/10 (Different take from the Japanese version, but it works very well.)

Last edited:

αsiя

space coke

Terra - 6.5/10
Aqua - 6.5/10
Ventus - 8/10
Master Xehanort - 8.5/10
Master Eraqus - 7.5/10
Vanitas - 8/10
Mickey - Mickey/10

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

Why are we even putting Mickey in the rating? Am I the only one who thinks Disney won't ever cast someone bad for their characters (not the KH ones, they're not in charge of casting those guys)?

Terra 7/10 (Decent acting, but the voice is kind of a bad contrast to the character. But it still works)
Aqua 5/10 (The complete opposite of Terra. The voice works, but her acting is...mostly a misfire.)
ME 10/10 (Mark Hamill doesn't disappoint. Too bad his lines are all poorly written)
MX 8/10 (He really grew on me. Now his voice bring out the intensity of the character.)
Vanitas 10/10 (Different take from the Japanese version, but it works very well.)

We have different scores, but as far as the descriptions go, I agree with this 100%.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

• Terra - I'm actually okay with him. I'd prefer him to sound a bit more mature, but this works. At least he can act.
  • Ventus - I'm consistently impressed with Jesse, actually. I think he'll be good.
  • Aqua - The voice doesn't match the body, IMO. Add the fact that she sounds bored all the time and you've got my least favorite so far.
  • Master Eraqus - A tad bit bland, but overall pretty good.
  • Master Xehanort - The voice initially threw me off (and still kind of does), but I'm actually sure I'll grow to like it.
  • Vanitas - One of my favorites. Just think he's perfect.

BTW everybody am I forgetting someone in the OP?

αsiя

space coke

Aqua 5/10 (The complete opposite of Terra. The voice works, but her acting is...mostly a misfire. Most of her line reads feel disinterested and uninspired.)
Vanitas 9/10 (Different take from the Japanese version, but it works very well.)
Ehh it's your opinion and all but I wouldn't consider Vanitas and Eraqus a 10. A 10 to me is someone like Billy Zane, him and Christopher Lee are the only ones in the entire series that deserve a 10. Hamill is a great voice actor but his voice sounds a little menacing (considering that Hamill mainly voices villains) and it sorta doesn't fit Eraqus. Vanitas just doesn't deserve a 10, not in my book, he was great but not perfect. But that's just me.

Silverslide

I wouldn't give MX a 10 at all. I respect Nimoy and all but his voice just sounds gross to me. But again, opinions are opinions.

sonickenshin

Awards

αsiя;5230900 said:
Ehh it's your opinion and all but I wouldn't consider Vanitas and Eraqus a 10. A 10 to me is someone like Billy Zane, him and Christopher Lee are the only ones in the entire series that deserve a 10. Hamill is a great voice actor but his voice sounds a little menacing (considering that Hamill mainly voices villains) and it sorta doesn't fit Eraqus. Vanitas just doesn't deserve a 10, not in my book, he was great but not perfect. But that's just me.
I don't get that vibe at all. But, still, it's his first non-evil voice in awhile, and I like how he handles it. Thus the 10, and I think he does deserve it. ...and I gave Vanitas a 9. Yes, he's not perfect. He doesn't project his voice much, but he's still my favorite here.

αsiя

space coke

I don't get that vibe at all. But, still, it's his first non-evil voice in awhile, and I like how he handles it. Thus the 10. ...and I gave Vanitas a 9. Yes, he's not perfect. He doesn't project his voice much, but he's still my favorite here.

You first had a ten, which is why I wrote that.

Silverslide

I don't get that vibe at all. But, still, it's his first non-evil voice in awhile, and I like how he handles it. Thus the 10. ...and I gave Vanitas a 9. Yes, he's not perfect. He doesn't project his voice much, but he's still my favorite here.

I don't get the feeling either. The feeling I get from his voice is wise, yet strict.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I don't get the feeling either. The feeling I get from his voice is wise, yet strict.

I agree with this but at the same time I also agree with asir that he does sound kind of menacing in some of his lines. I get wise, strict, and slightly menacing when I hear his voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back