• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Re: VA Discussion Thread

HEY! has anyone even considered the fact that maybe the VA of Terra, Aqua, and the other important unannounced characters may be the same people who voiced them in the Japanese version. You know that with today's tech their voices could be easily changed to make it sound better in English. For example the singer of the theme songs to Kingdom Hearts sang in both Japanese and in English and that came out pretty good right?

Are you saying that Japanese voice actors will be doing an English game?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Are you saying that Japanese voice actors will be doing an English game?

if they did that the voice acting would turn out like mega man 8

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Originally Posted by ICECOOL113
HEY! has anyone even considered the fact that maybe the VA of Terra, Aqua, and the other important unannounced characters may be the same people who voiced them in the Japanese version. You know that with today's tech their voices could be easily changed to make it sound better in English. For example the singer of the theme songs to Kingdom Hearts sang in both Japanese and in English and that came out pretty good right?

You do know that Utada Hikaru is Japanese-American and completely fluent in both Japanese and English, right?

Anyway, with technology or not, trying to get rid of accents and spotty Engrish would make things more complicated than it needs to be, and recasting is just easier.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous

But Utada Hikaru, who sang the theme songs for the series thus far, is fluent in both English and Japanese. If the Japenese voice actors tried to pronounce the English words without knowing how or what the words mean, it would probably end up being a mess. D:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

I looked at the front page of this thread and noticed Richard Epcar was confirmed. Well if he voices Terra then it pretty much confirms Terra is young Xehanort.

Radon

mofo

Um just wondering, has this Crispin Freeman done any previous work in KH?

maggosh

Awards
Website
www.khwiki.net

Um just wondering, has this Crispin Freeman done any previous work in KH?

Setzer and Will Turner in II.

And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Crispin voiced Terra. I mean, he voiced Sakaki in .hack//G.U. as well as Balmung earlier in the series. If he can play the hero and the villain (which Terra would seem to do, by the way), I think he'd do a good job.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

HEY! has anyone even considered the possibility that maybe the VA of Terra, Aqua, and the other important unannounced characters may be the same people who voiced them in the Japanese version. You know that with today's tech their voices could be easily changed to make it sound better in English. For example the singer of the theme songs to Kingdom Hearts sang in both Japanese and in English and that came out pretty good right?

Fixed.

And there's a major difference: Utada RE-RECORDED vocals for the songs, not altered. She even had to drastically change the lyrics (Hikari's lyrics =/= Simple & Clean's lyrics)

And Square-Enix has never done anything like what you've suggested, so it's highly unlikely, IMO.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Setzer and Will Turner in II.

And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Crispin voiced Terra. I mean, he voiced Sakaki in .hack//G.U. as well as Balmung earlier in the series. If he can play the hero and the villain (which Terra would seem to do, by the way), I think he'd do a good job.

Well if Crispin is going to Voice Terra then who is Richard Epcar going to voice because according to the fron page of this thread he's been confirmed to voice someone.

Unless.......Maybe he voices Young Xehanort toward the end of the game when he is most likely to appear.

Fabala011

Well if Crispin is going to Voice Terra then who is Richard Epcar going to voice because according to the fron page of this thread he's been confirmed to voice someone.

Unless.......Maybe he voices Young Xehanort toward the end of the game when he is most likely to appear.

In the interview on the front page, Nomura says that some characters will only appear in the secret movie. My guess is that young Xehanort shows up then, and that's who Epcar is going to voice.

And I like Epcar much better as XH than I did Zane. Although he doesn't say "SUBMIT!" nearly as much.

Satoshi

In the interview on the front page, Nomura says that some characters will only appear in the secret movie. My guess is that young Xehanort shows up then, and that's who Epcar is going to voice.

And I like Epcar much better as XH than I did Zane. Although he doesn't say "SUBMIT!" nearly as much.

So true. The submit was key to all of his awesomness.

Theart

Awards

*Sigh* I know!!!! T~T He would have been the perfect VA for Terra.

Though, I admit I'm curious how Epcar will do (assuming he's Terra's VA)

Awards

Guess that leaves Epcar as Terra. ;D

why? I really don't understand why everyone thinks he will be Terra because he looks like Xehanort and he might even be Xehanort. Akio Ohtsuka isn't voicing Terra in Japan. I don't think he'll sound good as Terra AT ALL! Besides, IF Terra is Xehanort, they wouldn't have Epcar as him, cuz that would make it WAYYYYYYY too obvious, that could be why Akio Ohtsuka isn't voicing him either.

Theart

Awards

So did I, Roxas_32. But apparently they've got someone else in mind for Terra *CoughEpcarCough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back