• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempied

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

We all know Nimoy is Xehanort, but we don't know about Eraqus.

Wiki is not a reliable source. Don't believe them.
Confirmation?

*Looks at floated thread*

O SHI-

YUPPP

Confirmation?

Literally I'm starting to think the video is fake now to.

It sounds like Nimoy as many people pointed out. And they released a statement confirming Nimoy was one of the VA's. Put two and two together.

The vid is not fake because it is posted on the official BBS website.

Edit: nevermind you figured it out.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member

If he uses his Luke Skywalker voice but to sum degree a deeper, then he got it just right there. And that he still got the Skywalker voice cause he used it on Robot Chicken: STar Wars.

Sempied

It sounds like Nimoy as many people pointed out. And they released a statement confirming Nimoy was one of the VA's. Put two and two together.

The vid is not fake because it is posted on the official BBS website.

Edit: nevermind you figured it out.
The only mystery remaining is who is playing Terra vs. Eraqus.

Mark Hamill has enough vocal range (Not as dark as the Yakuza voice) to be Terra, but seems more obvious to Eraqus.

YUPPP

The only mystery remaining is who is playing Terra vs. Eraqus.

Mark Hamill has enough vocal range (Not as dark as the Yakuza voice) to be Terra, but seems more obvious to Eraqus.

That is what everyone is debating. Mark Hamill's name would not be first if he was just
Eraqus, seeing as how Eraqus has very few lines, so I'm leaning toward Terra. Plus the va's after Hamill are Aquas, and Vens and if he was Terra it would be TAV on the list.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows

i still think johnny would make a better terra >.>

Sempied

Johnny. No.

I'm tired of him. He is in every game...every anime...His voice needs a break.
That, and he wouldn't fit Terras age. Literally people are judging this way to fast based on one dang line from that english trailer.

Does anyone here have the english version? No? Then please shut up.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

I updated the list. Is it correct? I suppose I could just go ahead and say 'Eraqus' and 'Aqua', because I really can't think of anybody else for those two. Unless Mark is playing Terra. :/

YUPPP

I updated the list. Is it correct? I suppose I could just go ahead and say 'Eraqus' and 'Aqua', because I really can't think of anybody else for those two. Unless Mark is playing Terra. :/

Looks good. Might want to put Willa as Aqua since it's a given. Hamill should stay the same since he could be Eraqus or Terra.

codemaster

Awards

You are missing the confirmation for Even. The pic you have is him stating he is not confirming anything. I posted a link in the page before showing that he confirms it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'd say Willa is Aqua. Hamill should stay ??? because we aren't too sure if he is Eraqus or Terra. He can pull off both and he was listed in order of TAV names in the press release.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

If he uses his Luke Skywalker voice but to sum degree a deeper, then he got it just right there. And that he still got the Skywalker voice cause he used it on Robot Chicken: STar Wars.

I don't know, the voice he used in the Robot Chicken clips I saw doesn't really sound like a twenty-year-old. It sounds like Luke Skywalker, but that's more because it has distinctive Luke Skywalker traits than because it sounds like someone that age.

Plus, it sounds too artificial. I kinda think it's impossible, no matter how good of an actor you are, to pull off genuine-sounding emotion while making such heavy modifications to your own voice. Which is probably why most of the KH characters don't sound all too different from their VAs - and any degree of artificiality they do have drops out as soon as it's necessary for them to emote realistically (see: Axel in 358/2 Days).

...come to think of it, it also might have something to do with the tradition of choosing actors with live-action experience for the leads rather than VAs with more animation experience. =P

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't know, the voice he used in the Robot Chicken clips I saw doesn't really sound like a twenty-year-old. It sounds like Luke Skywalker, but that's more because it has distinctive Luke Skywalker traits than because it sounds like someone that age.

Plus, it sounds too artificial. I kinda think it's impossible, no matter how good of an actor you are, to pull off genuine-sounding emotion while making such heavy modifications to your own voice. Which is probably why most of the KH characters don't sound all too different from their VAs - and any degree of artificiality they do have drops out as soon as it's necessary for them to emote realistically (see: Axel in 358/2 Days).

...come to think of it, it also might have something to do with the tradition of choosing actors with live-action experience for the leads rather than VAs with more animation experience. =P

Tell that to the guy who plays Saix/Isa. He is pretty old yet he is gonna be Isa and Isa is younger than Terra.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Tell that to the guy who plays Saix/Isa. He is pretty old yet he is gonna be Isa and Isa is younger than Terra.

Yeah, but the emotional core of the game isn't dependent on Isa's ability to blow up and break down without sounding like a cartoon character.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hope that Zack gets his Crisis Core voice>>>>

I'm sure they would. He is usually up for stuff like that. And it wouldn't be Zack without Rick Gomez.

Yeah, but the emotional core of the game isn't dependent on Isa's ability to blow up and break down without sounding like a cartoon character.

Hamill wouldn't, considering the multitudes of roles Hamill has had for years now. He isn't some inexperienced actor.

Kiana_Ishido

Well, I sent a message to (supposedly) Mark Hamill over facebook asking him for confirmation on which character he's going to voice. Hopefully it's not a dud account (as many are). If it is... poop.

YUPPP

Well, I sent a message to (supposedly) Mark Hamill over facebook asking him for confirmation on which character he's going to voice. Hopefully it's not a dud account (as many are). If it is... poop.

Is it the one with a younger picture of him? If so it's just a fan page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back