• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

From what I've heard, Haley Joel Osment played a great Vanitas. The only reason I knew who it was because I've heard his voice sooooo many times before.

Sempied

From what I've heard, Haley Joel Osment played a great Vanitas. The only reason I knew who it was because I've heard his voice sooooo many times before.
I was a bit surprised they put him in a more grim, and dark form of Vanitas. I'd really like to see how he pulls off Vanitas crazy side towards the end. (Especially, and I mean ESPECIALLY the laugh)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

He does! He has a great voice! AHHH! :D :D :D :D :D His voice, Ven's voice, Eraqus' voice, and MX's voice are the only ones I like. My love of HJO increased tenfold by his Vanitas voice.

YUPPP

So it seems like the VA'ing is going to be very hit and miss in the game...

Sad, I was expecting it to be amazing too...

But Hamill and Vanitas killed it.

Sempied

So it seems like the VA'ing is going to be very hit and miss in the game...

Sad, I was expecting it to be amazing too...

But Hamill and Vanitas killed it.
Say wut? I'm rofling at all the people who thought Aqua would be great based on those grunts,and spell casts, and "TAKE THAT!"

Even if the fruit/charm speech was corny Willa Holland just sounded so deadpan there it would Ben Stein sound Beethoven on helium better than her. Then again she sounds good in battle..And serious scenes.

I'm still happy at ho well HJO did Vanitas. The only thing I could see wrong with it that the original seiyuu was a lot different than HJO dysentized, and grim voice compared to Miyu Irino which was just bats**t crazy.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.

I think Eraqus sounds amazing! :D :D :D HAMILL! YAAAAAAAAAY!

AND VANITAS! YES YES YES YES YES YES! :D :D :D :D HALEY JOEL OSMENT!!!!!! :D :D :D

Agreed, those two voices were perfect for me. For some reason Aqua's voice seems all wrong to me, it's just not as mature and soothing as I would imagine it would be. And MX's voice is way too gravelly for me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hamill and Vanitas are the life of the game to me now. And Master Xehanort. And Stitch. Stitch was better at voice acting than Willa Holland. I completely dislike her voice.

YUPPP

Hamill and Vanitas are the life of the game to me now. And Master Xehanort. And Stitch. Stitch was better at voice acting than Willa Holland. I completely dislike her voice.

I agree, Mark and Vanitas are good. I just wish Mark had more scenes T_T
But I thought Willa had a good voice. Just bad acting.

Say wut? I'm rofling at all the people who thought Aqua would be great based on those grunts,and spell casts, and "TAKE THAT!"

Even if the fruit/charm speech was corny Willa Holland just sounded so deadpan there it would Ben Stein sound Beethoven on helium better than her. Then again she sounds good in battle..And serious scenes.

I'm still happy at ho well HJO did Vanitas. The only thing I could see wrong with it that the original seiyuu was a lot different than HJO dysentized, and grim voice compared to Miyu Irino which was just bats**t crazy.

I never thought Aqua would do well based on the gameplay or any other VA for that matter. I heard Willa's voice in an interview someone posted and thought her voice was a good fit...

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Aqua and Terra were really good at some points, and totally robotic at other points. Ventus was good, and the Disney characters (of course) stole the show. I liked Eraqus, and I guess I can get used to a Yoda-MX, but meh. I <3 Vanitas.

Sempied

I agree completely. Let's hope she gives a better performance through out the game though.
As of this point she just sounds 50/50 if she keeps up what she did with the charm speech at the beginning i'd be heavily dissapointed, but if she can do somewhat better like with the slipper scene, then I can be happy.

All this talk on aqua, but what of Terra's VA?

Everyone sounded good in trailer, EXCEPT Willa Holland as Aqua.

YUPPP

As of this point she just sounds 50/50 if she keeps up what she didwith the charm speech at the beginning i'd be heavily dissapointed, but if she can do somewhat better like with the slipper scene, then I can be happy.

All this talk on aqua, but what of Terra's VA?

I don't know about Terra. Terra is my favorite character in BBS and admittedly his voice was a bit of a let down.

Sempied

I don't know about Terra. Terra is my favorite character in BBS and admittedly his voice was a bit of a let down.
I can digress to that. Terra voice is good, but sounded off at some points. Although his VA work seemed much more better than what Willa Holland did with Aqua. I really hope Will Holland improves over time in the game like with Vanille's VA in FFXIII. I have hope for Willa still, but it's very iffy

I'm still in awesome~shock of how well Vanitas voice turned out. And am I one of the only that like Master Xehanort voice?

nicoleohbugga

Am I the only one who can't stand Aqua's English voice..? I'm watching the trailer now, and it's like UGHHHHHHH!
Oh, I'm looking at the quote right above me, and I don't think I'm the only one..haha. Okay, I'm going to watch the rest now. :)

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards

^No you are not. Aqua sounds worse than Aerith's voice actor in KH2 and that is saying a lot.

Terra's voice was also not all that good.

But I think we can agree that Vanitas sounded pretty awesome.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

*Reading the Aqua hate* >:C

Has anyone else besides me seen the gameplay footage with Aqua that was released today? It had a cutscene in it, and she did a good job.

I blame the editors for the trailer for the f*ck-up I heard in the trailer. =/ Willa's actually doing a good job for the fact that it's her first time VAing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

*Reading the Aqua hate* >:C

Has anyone else besides me seen the gameplay footage with Aqua that was released today? It had a cutscene in it, and she did a good job.

I blame the editors for the trailer for the f*ck-up I heard in the trailer. =/ Willa's actually doing a good job for the fact that it's her first time VAing.

Like i said in the FF.Net PM, I got over it and the voice has grown on me. The trailer suffered from bad editing. Only Hamill and Vanitas had good lip syncing and Vanitas is in a helmet. Oh, and MX had lip syncing. There were no sound effects, so that killed it. I think when we get the other five or so trailers, Aqua will be amazing.

(yay KHI is back...-waits for it to crash again-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back