• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Well, Roxas has "Right Where You Want Me" and Ventus gets "Up" :D

I find it humorous to listen to this obviously horny Jesse McCartney, when in a few weeks I'll see him taking a giant key and beating up some baddies.

Ventus be serenadin Aqua with that shit

Oh my, I thought the exact same thing. And I just think of Aqua denying him, just like Zack in the new trailer. xD

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Terra: LEAVE MY FRIENDS ALONE!
Master Xehanort: MORE! Let your whole heart blacken with anger!
Terra: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Epic win right there! That was 10 times better than the Japanese version of that scene!

As for Vanitas... I'll admit that he's getting better. His laugh was better than I thought it would be (I knew from the very beginning that it wouldn't be as good as the Japanese version) and I think his voice is slightly sounding less like Sora which is a good thing.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

OMG, another connection between the Step Up series and KH.

Alyson Stoner, who plays as "Camille" in Step Up 2 and 3D, was also Kairi in Re:CoM, Days and BbS, and Xion. :O
My mind is blown. Like one of my favorite movies has connections with KH.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Eh. Oh, was the movie good?

Well, to understand most of it, you should see the first two Twilight movies. My favorite part was the ending,
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Just like with New Moon, my favorite part is when Edward gets hit.

And in the movie, instead of Edward running fast...he just uses a segue. I thought that was funny.

Epic win right there! That was 10 times better than the Japanese version of that scene!

That was definitely more epic than I thought it was.

Awards

I know, right?! I was SOOOO afraid that his scream was gonna be weak! Lol imagine how embarrassing that would be to be in a recording booth screaming at the top of your lungs with a bunch of people staring at you.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

I know, right?! I was SOOOO afraid that his scream was gonna be weak! Lol imagine how embarrassing that would be to be in a recording booth screaming at the top of your lungs with a bunch of people staring at you.

That would be a little creepy IMO. And no offense to Nimoy, but for some reason MX's scenes in this trailer just made laugh.

"See more worlds!"

"MORE! Let your heart blacken with anger!"

"Va-NEE-dis"

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I'd assume it'd be more awkward for Okiayu since he records in the same booth with the other VAs, so while he's screaming, they're just watching him.

codemaster

Awards

Is it just me, but during Terra's dream speech, he sounds like a Jonas. Maybe they got one of them for the cast.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Is it just me, but during Terra's dream speech, he sounds like a Jonas. Maybe they got one of them for the cast.

Wha-? -is dumbfounded-

No, I don't believe they would do something like that. But now that you've mentioned his VA, has anyone got a reply from Matt Lanter yet?

αsiя

space coke

I could tell any Jonas' voice right away, and no the Jonas Brothers won't degrade themselves as to voicing for video game, they know not to do that because they don't want to end up like Jesse McCartney.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Wha-? -is dumbfounded-

No, I don't believe they would do something like that. But now that you've mentioned his VA, has anyone got a reply from Matt Lanter yet?

I just sent a tweet to him...so let's see if he replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

αsiя;5227162 said:
I could tell any Jonas' voice right away, and no the Jonas Brothers won't degrade themselves as to voicing for video game, they know not to do that because they don't want to end up like Jesse McCartney.

Why not Hermione, they aren't revelant to the world anymore (Due to Bieber) and quickly need that extra money.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Why not Hermione, they aren't revelant to the world anymore (Due to Bieber) and quickly need that extra money.

No, they are still at a simmer. They still have inflated egos and probably don't understand the concept of voice work.

Well, to understand most of it, you should see the first two Twilight movies. My favorite part was the ending,
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Just like with New Moon, my favorite part is when Edward gets hit.

And in the movie, instead of Edward running fast...he just uses a segue. I thought that was funny.

That was definitely more epic than I thought it was.

Gosh, I have to go see it! And I'm gonna treat the second part of the credits as non-canon. :D XD

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

I'm officially happy with all the voices. 100% perfect.

If you don't like them, turn down the volume and read the subtitles. easy fix.

PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING PEOPLE.

thank you.
-Ovafaze

Cheaken

Awards

In the Japanese version it felt more of like a yell, but in the English version it seems more of a scream of pain which I think that's why it seems so much better.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

In the Japanese version it felt more of like a yell, but in the English version it seems more of a scream of pain which I think that's why it seems so much better.

Agreed. I mean, if darkness is going to launch straight out of your heart and completely try to take over your heart, I'd say that a scream of pain would be better suited.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Agreed. I mean, if darkness is going to launch straight out of your heart and completely try to take over your heart, I'd say that a scream of pain would be better suited.

I agree.

In the Japanese version it sounded like an angry yell. I like the painful screaming much better; I would think that darkness taking over would be painful (not necessarily in a physical way, though).

EDIT: And also, in the KH fandom tradition of finding something to bitch about, I just wanna say that I was a little disappointed with Vanitas's laugh. It wasn't batshit insane/creepy enough for me. But that's just my two cents.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

Wait what? I've only been gone for a day and there's a new trailer?!

:watches it:

My week has been officially made.

Mine sorta goes:

Wait, what? I've only been gone for 6 hours and theres a new trailer!?

:watches it:

My August has officially been made.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back