• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Mysterious Figure Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerIsNothing

My ONLY problem really, are the beams. They are impossible to dodge with Terra. That's what usually kills me.

BTW, for Aqua, I recommend having 1 barrier surge, 5 thunder surges, and 2 curagas. That's how I did it. :)

Do you have once more and second chance? It comes in handy for the beams, you should probably equipt more curagas and constantly cure yourself as the beams hit you(He only used the beams twice with me though).

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
You can get passed the lasers it just takes knowing the pattern of the lasers.
He shoots 2 sets of 5 then a pause and shoots 1 set of 5 then pauses against and shoots 2 sets of 5 again.
In those 2 sets you can essentially just let both hit you over and over since Once More will keep you living, heal after the 2nd set if you don't have any HP left, let the lasers hit you, heal again and let the last 2 of lasers hit you and heal after that or if you're lucky and you're in a corner you can guard/renewal guard them all.
That's how I managed to deal with them at least, now if he happens to use them while he's invisible then you're screwed as Terra.

Awards
╬ProperArtist╬;5291454 said:
You can get passed the lasers it just takes knowing the pattern of the lasers.
He shoots 2 sets of 5 then a pause and shoots 1 set of 5 then pauses against and shoots 2 sets of 5 again.
In those 2 sets you can essentially just let both hit you over and over since Once More will keep you living, heal after the 2nd set if you don't have any HP left, let the lasers hit you, heal again and let the last 2 of lasers hit you and heal after that or if you're lucky and you're in a corner you can guard/renewal guard them all.
That's how I managed to deal with them at least, now if he happens to use them while he's invisible then you're screwed as Terra.

Oh yeah, I was able to survive them, but he always killed me when he used them when he turned invisible.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
How the FCUK are you supposed to beat him with Terra??! Right now, I'm at level 61 my deck consists of 6 Thunder Surges and 2 Curagas. I have all 3 Thunder Boosts and Cure Boosts, all 6 Attack and Magic Hastes, and I'm using the Chaos Ripper, what can I do to beat him?? I already beat him with Aqua and she was at level 52.

Your deck was identical to mine. But here are a few differences:

1. I used Void Gear

2. I was Level 99 (Trust me, it barely helped at all.)

Equiping "Defender" facilitates matters a small deal when MF is on a raping session. If you have Sonic Impact on Terra, remove it. It's utter lack of invincibility frames make you an easy target.

I would recommend equiping Terra's Ultimate Finisher, Demolition, but since you are using the Thunder Surge technique, it won't be of much use. Toppled with the fact trying to go head to head is well...the same as holding down L+R+Start+Select.

Beating him is in reality very easy, depending on if luck is on your side. It may take several assidious retries, but it is definitely doable. I exploited his one weakness that I found. When he performs the "you can't do **** tornado" that removes all of your commands, Thunder Surge him at least twice on the spot. Obviously, don't allow youself to get caught it in. But the second he stops chasing you and you see wind, rush to him and spam that triangle. Afterwards, immediately haul ass and repeat. If you have Renewal Guard, I strongly suggest you use it. I saved me several times with both my Curagas were recharging. As for the lasers...I was lucky enough he never caught me when I did. Because that and his cheap ass "Ignore Once More/Second Chance Whip of Death" would pretty much end me on the spot.

Just dash like a mad man until you get lucky and see an opening. That's the best advice I can give you. Luck has a huge role in this fight with Terra.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
If you're facing him as Terra and you're using the surge method, there's no point using the Void gear keyblade. The Chaos Ripper keyblade is much better.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
...I wasn't really recommending using it, just noting the differences. But how so? The Void Gear is in essence superior due to it having a higher attack stat. Thunder Surge is an attack based command, not a magic one.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
...I wasn't really recommending using it, just noting the differences. But how so? The Void Gear is in essence superior due to it having a higher attack stat. Thunder Surge is an attack based command, not a magic one.
Chaos Ripper has an attack stat of 10. Void Gear has an attack stat of 8. So for MF, Chaos ripper makes the battle a tad easier.

Also, if you're going with thunder surges, thunder boost abilities are where it's at.

Master Zero

my theory on Mysterious figure is that its simply Apprentice Xehanort aka young xehanort aka Terranort. all that Nomura has said on him is that its a charecter that hasint been expanded on and IMO thats Terranort. we really dont know too much about him save for what little we learned from the Ansem reports. then theirs the No name keyblade. on the teeth its in the shape of a clock or somthing and the numbers when added equal 13 so many people suggest its Xemnas or some secret member of the Organization. thats just my two cents on the matter.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
my theory on Mysterious figure is that its simply Apprentice Xehanort aka young xehanort aka Terranort. all that Nomura has said on him is that its a charecter that hasint been expanded on and IMO thats Terranort. we really dont know too much about him save for what little we learned from the Ansem reports. then theirs the No name keyblade. on the teeth its in the shape of a clock or somthing and the numbers when added equal 13 so many people suggest its Xemnas or some secret member of the Organization. thats just my two cents on the matter.
young Xehanort and Terranort are different people. Young Xehanort was Master Xehanort when he was yound and lived on Destiny Islands, and Terranort was Master Xehanort in Terra's body. Terranort/Apprentice Xehanort was expanded on; we know what he did as AtW's apprentice, we know how he ended up in radiant garden etc etc. imo, when examining the No Name keyblade, the 13 teeth are much less significant than the keychain, (which is an hourglass) and the clock on the end of the keyblade. Don't make the mistake of saying he's Xemnas because he uses energy swords, either. The energy swords used by MF are very different than those used by Xemnas. And furthermore, the hilt of MF's energy swords are clock hands. (google image "clock hands" and you'll see exactly what I mean.) His stance resembles the hands of a clock, and he is able to reverse time during the battle.

I think based on all of the time relations, he is a time traveler. If he was Young Xehanort, where are all these cool attacks he uses when we're fighting him when he's Master Xehanort? and where are his energy swords? If he's Terranort, how does he get these powers, and how does he learn to time travel? and how would he know to travel back to LoD to see either himself, Aqua, or Ven, since his memory was erased when he ended up in Radiant Garden? It could be a future form of Xehanort that we haven't seen yet, but based on what he currently know about MF, guessing his identity won't get us anywhere any time soon.

Last edited:

Wahm-bulence

all that Nomura has said on him is that its a charecter that hasint been expanded.

Well actually he said

At the point in time of Birth by Sleep, this person’s true figure isn’t fully understood. Similar to the way the Lingering Sentiment was, its a character who at the present time is an existence of mystery.

Which makes me think that this character isn't one we are farmiliar with, and one that hasn't been 'formally introduced' yet. I doubt it's someone we already know, and I'm pretty sure it has to do with time travel

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I finally beat MF. Just saying Lv60 :3 I know pretty high but I did it tho :3

video i beat it with. Just skip to the long pause screen at 1:40 to 4:30 or something, bad quality cause of the stream and I paused alot in the stream cause my thumb was hurting, and i was kinda shaking xD
VVV

Last edited:

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I finally beat MF. Just saying Lv60 :3 I know pretty high but I did it tho :3

video i beat it with. Just skip to the long pause screen at 1:40 to 4:30 or something, bad quality cause of the stream and I paused alot in the stream cause my thumb was hurting, and i was kinda shaking xD
VVV

Oh that was you from JTv?
Aw

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
I beat him last night with Ven! YES. I'm so happy. ; v ;
After 19821621862 times..!!!
Congrats :D

Gotta say though, just wait until you face him with Terra. With Ven and Aqua, dodge roll and cartwheel make the battle against MF easy as pie. With Terra, you can barely dodge anything with Slide so it's like 2000x harder.

I've beaten MF with every character, and Terra was by far the hardest. Aqua was the easiest and Ven was somewhere in the middle (alot closer to Aqua, though.) mostly Ven was harder than aqua because I was a bit under-leveled, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back