• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The official TWEWY - The Animation website updates with character art and descriptions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The official website for The World Ends With You - The Animation has updated with tons of brand new information about the story, the characters, and the staff working on the upcoming anime series.

INTRODUCTION

SQUARE ENIX's The World Ends with You  was developed by the same creative minds behind the world-famous FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS.

When the game first released on the Nintendo DS in 2007, it received high praise as well as numerous award nominations. It has since been rereleased on iOS, Android, and the Nintendo Switch, and it continues to attract new fans to this day.

And next year, in 2021, the game that captivated players around the world is returning in an all-new anime! Tetsuya Nomura, Takeharu Ishimoto, and other members of the original team have rejoined forces to bring the compelling story to life once more.

STORY

Race through the streets of Shibuya and survive the seven-day Reapers' Game!

Neku awakens in the middle of Shibuya's bustling Scramble Crossing with no memory of how he got there. Little does he know he's been transported to an alternate plane of existence known as the Underground (UG). Now an unwilling participant in the mysterious "Reapers' Game," Neku must partner up with a girl named Shiki in order to survive. Together, they complete missions and defeat monsters known as "Noise" as they gradually uncover the true nature of this twisted Game.

"There's only one way to stay alive in Shibuya: trust your partner."

Will they survive the Reapers' Game?

STAFF & CAST

Based on the original story “The World Ends with You”  by SQUARE ENIX

Director: Kazuya Ichikawa(DOMERICA)
Screenwriter: Midori Goto(SANZIGEN)
Character Design: Tetsuya Nomura & Gen Kobayashi(SQUARE ENIX)
Music: Takeharu Ishimoto(THRILL)
Production: DOMERICA × SHIN-EI ANIMATION

CHARACTERS

Neku Sakuraba (Voice: Kouki Uchiyama)

A graffiti-loving 15-year-old boy who wears headphones all the time and doesn't want to get too involved with other people. When he woke up suddenly in the crowd of Shibuya, something was different from before.

Shiki Misaki (Voice: Anna Hachimine)

A 15-year-old fashionable girl who is very careful about her clothes. She always carries a hand-made cat stuffed animal.

Beat/Daisukenojo Biito (Voice: Subaru Kimura)

A stubborn and hot-headed 15-year-old boy who works with Rhyme. It is a mystery why he is here in Shibuya.

Rhyme/??? (Voice: Ayana Taketasu)

A hardworking and dedicated girl. She works with Beat and is always smiling brightly.

Joshua/Yoshiya Kiryu (Voice: Ryohei Kimura)

A mysterious boy who is cheeky and always well-dressed. While it seems that he is trustworthy when it comes to many things, there are some areas where he cannot be trusted.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Violet Pluto

Awards
I was wondering if they would keep Shiki's knife hips and I can't say I'm not disappointed. Yeah they might not fit with the style but how sharp they were was kind of comical to me and I would have loved to see that in animation... Did 3D have knife hips? I forget.

2 quid is good

Awards
There was a point in the live stream where my mood went severely down when I heard CG, but then the trailer looked so damn good it totally reassured me

U.N. Owen

Awards
Whoo, they got the DDD cast to return. Don't know what I was so worried about.

Back