• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm not a Bret Iwan guy, I've always been a bit amazed that out of all the actors in the world, they managed to find someone who's Mickey voice sounds.. off. The fact that they needed to cast a comedic actor for the Rudish shorts, but everyone else retains their normal legacy actors spoke volumes to me then, and even more now that they've decided to use Chris instead of Bret for what is suppose to be a big celebration of Mickey "as you know him."

To me, this is either a final "Thank you for you work on the Rudish shorts" performance for Chris, or the beginning of the "he's in the cartoons and on the theme park ride, Chris IS Mickey now" era.

Awards
Imo, Bret started off okay but my main issue these days is the inconsistency in his performance
when he can't maintain the falsetto and you hear Mickey's voice crack here and there.

Last edited:

Launchpad

Awards
1708715003585.png
This is just speculation, but local piece of shit James Woods apparently did some work as Hades this month-- I'm not as clued in to the Disney machine as some, but the only ongoing project that 100% features Hades right now is Kingdom Hearts 4, right?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
View attachment 16373
This is just speculation, but local piece of shit James Woods apparently did some work as Hades this month-- I'm not as clued in to the Disney machine as some, but the only ongoing project that 100% features Hades right now is Kingdom Hearts 4, right?
There's always the possibility of something else, like an upcoming park attraction that needs voice over. Or some new Disney+ special tying into the live action remake. Or the 100th anniversary reunion short went over so well they greenlit some sort of follow up.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Disney Dreamlight Valley too. He reprised the character for Disney Speedstorm a couple of months ago, if they're bringing in Hercules characters then he'd likely be one of them.

Launchpad

Awards
ah fuck I forgot about Disney's Dreamlight Valley. In any case, I severely doubt anyone's doing English voiceover for KH4 yet, and anything recorded would be for trailer purposes only, a la Xehanort & Eraqus @ E3 2015

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The only thing is Hercules wasn't teased on the Dreamlight Valley 2024 roadmap (which to be fair only goes up to Summer 2024) so it's not a 100% guarantee at this stage. I imagine he might be in the DLC expansion, since that's a separate road map and has two villains included so far (Gaston and Jafar).

Launchpad

Awards
Is Woods' continually coming back down to some unbreakable contract stuff, or are Disney really just that stupid?
IIRC he has an unbreakable contract, but based on the fact that he got a verbal appearance in Once Upon a Studio, I don't think Disney is that concerned about what James Woods says and does outside of the role of Hades-- if they didn't want to platform him, they wouldn't highlight Hades in the short.

I was once of the opinion that Woods' performance as Hades was seriously falling off as of Re:Coded in 2.5, but I was more impressed by his return in KH3. He's a nutjob but he doesn't usually mail it in as Hades. That being said, if one day James Woods fell face first into a hole, never to be seen again, I wouldn't be sad if Bob Odenkirk took over the role.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Turns out, James Woods was most likely just recording for this announcement of the Disney Destiny cruise ship. Today has been painful with our tiniest glimmers of hope being snuffed out.

Back