• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Scorseselover

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

Now Robin Williams will never play the Genie in Kingdom Hearts. :'(

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I was expecting this thread to have exploded on this subject. 5 movies of his still coming out, too. I know I'm gonna snatch Aladdin when it pops up outta the vault.
I'm fairly upset about it, and the irony of the recent discussion in this thread is not lost on me...

The Vanquished

I was expecting this thread to have exploded on this subject. 5 movies of his still coming out, too. I know I'm gonna snatch Aladdin when it pops up outta the vault.
I'm fairly upset about it, and the irony of the recent discussion in this thread is not lost on me...
It's not exploding because Robin NEVER voiced Genie in ANY Kingdom Hearts game, so why would people even think he was going to? Some Dan guy voiced him in every game. Look it up. Yes, Robin would be MUCH better, but it would still hinder the experience because they're two separate voices...Similar yes, but noticeably different.

Why would he? He never even voiced Genie in any KH game so it wouldn't make any sense if he did.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's not exploding because Robin NEVER voiced Genie in ANY Kingdom Hearts game, so why would people even think he was going to? Some Dan guy voiced him in every game. Look it up. Yes, Robin would be MUCH better, but it would still hinder the experience because they're two separate voices...Similar yes, but noticeably different.

Dan Castellaneta, well known for his role as Homer Simpson.

Be nice, bro. One clarification would have been enough.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

And Dan Castellaneta isn't even voicing Genie anymore. It's now Jim Meskimen.

The Vanquished

Dan Castellaneta, well known for his role as Homer Simpson.

Be nice, bro. One clarification would have been enough.
I apologize, I really shouldn't have been so harsh about it

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I apologize, I really shouldn't have been so harsh about it
It's fine. The only reason I said what I did is because we had just been talking about the guy, and why exactly he wasn't in a KH game. Most of us know full well that he was never Genie in the games. Heck, he was only Genie in 2 movies!
People still wanted him, though. Things like that never stopped us.

I'm thinkin I would love Treasure Planet in KH3. It fits perfectly. I'd like for at least Silver, the Captain, and the Doctor to have their movie voices :3
Silly, unrealistic dreams of mine~

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

He was grieving.

tehlolzfactor
2 days ago
That was really heartfelt. I'm sorry such a loss has caused you to consider your impression of him moot and void now. I personally think your impressions have been and still are an homage to the great people you do them of. I really hope you don't give up the Robin Williams impression and we can continue to remember him without losing some of the great content we get from you.
·
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Jim Meskimen
2 days ago
+tehlolzfactor Thanks. I will find a way to do it, I think, with sensitivity.

He needs time to process the loss and to figure out how he can be comfortable paying homage to the late Robin Williams, especially considering the circumstances of Robin's passing. I think it's likely he will continue on when he feels he is ready.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i hope they can get billy zane to do the voice of ansem the seeker of darkness again for kingdom hearts 3 don't get wrong i think richard epcar voice for ansem is good but you can't complete the saga without the people who started it all. if they can't get billy zane i will be fine with richard doing tte voice ansem seeker of darkness

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

i hope they can get billy zane to do the voice of ansem the seeker of darkness again for kingdom hearts 3 don't get wrong i think richard epcar voice for ansem is good but you can't complete the saga without the people who started it all. if they can't get billy zane i will be fine with richard doing tte voice ansem seeker of darkness
With that logic they should bring back Mandy Moore for Aerith and David Boreanaz for Leon but that just isn't going to happen.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

With that logic they should bring back Mandy Moore for Aerith and David Boreanaz for Leon but that just isn't going to happen.
yeah i know it wont happen either way i said i would be fine with richard epcar as the voice for ansem seeker of darkness.

Scorseselover

Yeah I really want to hear the jackass fiance from Titanic again

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Oh, well whichever the case, I just know that in Re:Com and the games after days, Corey Burton voiced DiZ/Ansem The Wise.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Yong Bosch voice a character. I'm sure with his rising popularity he'll get a call some time in the near future.

If Nomura decides that he wants to bring Firion into the Kingdom Hearts series, I'm sure Johnny is willing to reprise his role.

It's so weird hearing that a new person is voicing the Genie now. Obviously, there was Robin Williams, but we've also had Homer Simpson for so long that his voice has essentially been ingrained into my skull. Oh well, I just hope that the new VA can do a good job.

Scorseselover

I want to hear Joaquin Phoenix reprise his role from Brother Bear, not a fan of the movie he's just one of my favorite actors and I want to hear him in a Kingdom Hearts game

5glitchers5

Awards

Original Characters
Sora - Miyu Irino / Takuto Yoshinaga (young)(BbS) / Haley Joel Osment / Luke Manriquez (young)(BbS)
Riku - Mamoru Miyano / Eiji Shima (young) (BbS) / David Gallagher / Ty Panitz (young)(BbS)
Kairi - Risa Uchida / Sumira Morohoshi (young)(BbS) / Hayden Panettiere (KH2, BbS) / Alyson Stoner (Re:CoM, Days) / Ariel Winter (young)(BbS)
Ansem Seeker of Darkness - Akio Otsuka / Billy Zane (KH1) / Richard Epcar (KH2, Re:CoM, Days, BbS)
Namine - Iku Nakahara / Brittany Snow (KH2) / Meaghan Jette Martin (Re:CoM, Days, BbS, coded)
Roxas - Kouki Uchiyama / Jesse McCartney
Xion - Risa Uchida / Alyson Stoner
Xemnas - Norio Wakamoto / Paul St. Peter
Xigbar - Hōchū Ōtsuka / James Patrick Stuart
Xaldin - Yosuke Akimoto / David Dayan Fisher
Vexen - Nachi Nozawa / Derek Stephen Prince
Lexaeus -
Fumihiko Tachiki / Dave Boat
Zexion - Akira Ishida / Vincent Corazza
Saïx
- Ginpei Sato / Kirk Thorton
Axel - Keiji Fujiwara / Quinton Flynn
Demyx - Kenichi Suzumura / Ryan O'Donohue
Luxord - Jōji Nakata / Robin Atkin Downes
Marluxia - Shūichi Ikeda / Keith Ferguson
Larxene - Yūko Miyamura /
Shanelle Gray
Hayner - Kazunori Sasaki / Justin Cowden
Pence - Hayato Taya / Sean Marquette
Olette - Yuka Hirasawa / Jessica DiCicco
Ansem the Wise - Genzō Wakayama / Christopher Lee (KH2, Days) / Corey Burton (Re:CoM, BbS)

Apprentice Xehanort - Akio Otsuka / Richard Epcar
Terra - Ryōtarō Okiayu / Jason Dohring
Aqua - Megumi Toyoguchi / Willa Holland
Ventus -
Kouki Uchiyama / Jesse McCartney
Vanitas -
Miyu Irino / Haley Joel Osment
Master Xehanort - Chikao Otsuka / Leonard Nimoy
Master Eraqus - Makio Inoue / Mark Hamill
Terra-Xehanort - Akio Otsuka / Richard Epcar
Braig - Hōchū Ōtsuka / James Patrick Stuart
Dilan - Yosuke Akimoto / David Dayan Fisher
Even - Nachi Nozawa / Derek Stephen Prince
Aeleus -
Fumihiko Tachiki / Dave Boat
Young Xehanort - Mamoru Miyano (BBS) / Takanori Okuda (KH3D) / David Gallagher (BBS) / Benjamin Diskin (KH3D)

Final Fantasy Characters

Tidus - Masakazu Morita / Shaun Fleming
Selphie - Mayuko Aoki / Molly Keck
Wakka - Kazuya Nakai / Dee Bradley Baker
Squall (Leon) - Hideo Ishikawa / David Boreanaz (KH1) / Doug Erholtz (KH2)
Yuffie - Yumi Kakazu / Christy Carlson Romano (KH1) / Mae Whitman (KH2)
Cid - Kazuhiro Yamaji / Chris Edgerly
Aerith - Maaya Sakamoto / Mandy Moore (KH1) / Menu Suvari (KH2)
Cloud - Takahiro Sakurai / Steve Burton
Sephiroth - Toshiyuki Morikawa / Lance Bass (KH1) / George Newborn (KH2)
Seifer - Takehito Koyasu / Will Friedle
Fuu - Rio Natsuki / Jillian Bowen
Rai - Kazuya Nakai / Brandon Adams
Vivi - Ikue Ōtani / Melissa Disney
Setzer -
Ryōtarō Okiayu / Crispin Freeman
Zack - Kenichi Suzumura / Rick Gomez

Here's my list:

• Billy Zane or Clancy Brown as Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.
  • Christopher Lee as Ansem, the Wise.
  • Mandy Moore as Aerith
  • David Boreanaz as Leon/ Squall
  • Christy Romano as Yuffie'
  • Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort
  • Britteny Snow as Namine
  • Alison Stone as Xion
  • Benjamin Diskin as Youn Xehanort
  • Richard Epcar as Terra-Xehanort/ Apprentice Xehanort

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Here's my list:

• Billy Zane or Clancy Brown as Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.
  • Christopher Lee as Ansem, the Wise.
  • Mandy Moore as Aerith
  • David Boreanaz as Leon/ Squall
  • Christy Romano as Yuffie'
  • Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort
  • Britteny Snow as Namine
  • Alison Stone as Xion
  • Benjamin Diskin as Youn Xehanort
  • Richard Epcar as Terra-Xehanort/ Apprentice Xehanort

That (incomplete) list is just showcasing all the voice actors in the series thus far and doesn't actually mean anything lol

5glitchers5

Awards

That (incomplete) list is just showcasing all the voice actors in the series thus far and doesn't actually mean anything lol

A lot of it is old VA. Also if anything, if Billy Zane isn't Ansem, I want Clancy Brown of someone similar. How cool would it be to hear another new Ansem voice? :D

WhinyAcademic

Awards

Clancy sounds incredibly similar to Billy and was always my pick for replacing him, though Richard Epcar's grown on me after a decade of replacing Zane and improving tenfold.

Back