• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hardback247

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

How much do any of you like Haley Joel Osment's performances in the last few games? It's like he tries a little too hard, and it doesn't sound natural, especially in 0.2.

Last edited:

Riku's Hair

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

FINALLY WE HEAR RIKU IN ENGLISH! I am at peace! :')

Also, is it just me or does Xehanort kind of have an accent at the end?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Well it might be either John Kassir or David Tennent as Scrooge

sonickenshin

Awards

It's probably going to be John Kassir most likely.

Xehanort definitely has a Latino accent.

And Osment legit surprised me. He can really scream.

ActingDude17

Xehanort definitely has a Latino accent.

I wonder if it might be Edward James Olmos? Disney worked with him on 2017's Coco​. I need to dive into his work a bit before making this guess with any confidence though.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards

I'm happy to finally to have David Gallagher officially confirmed. It took them long enough.

Hardback247

Why has there still not been an official announcement for who Master Xehanort's English voice is yet?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Why has there still not been an official announcement for who Master Xehanort's English voice is yet?

People are speculating it might be Mark Hamill. If so I could see why they would want to keep it a secret for the time being.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's not Mark Hamill, that is certain now.

but ugh it is so familiar and it sucks to not be able to place it.

LostArtist

Awards

How would y'all feel if I said new MX VA > old MX VA ...

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I actually thought it might be H. Richard Greene. But after the most recent trailer I’m not so sure.

[video=youtube;CZpaIu3_9kM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZpaIu3_9kM[/video]

He voices hot coldman (the bald one)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

The voice is starting to grow on me. I think the new VA will improve as the game goes on.

The Japanese replacement is absolutely solid though

LostArtist

Awards

*points at name* Get out of my house.
It's tru. hehe

giphy.gif

Leaferian

Awards

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I'm almost positive Xehanort is Peter Stormare. Compare this character he voiced in Until Dawn with the voice in the trailer; the same very unique accent and inflections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwmuzU4UQPw&feature=youtu.be&t=23
I can definitely hear the similarity. I just wish Square Enix would say who it is already. I don't want to wait for the endgame credits to find out.

sonickenshin

Awards

I'm almost positive Xehanort is Peter Stormare. Compare this character he voiced in Until Dawn with the voice in the trailer; the same very unique accent and inflections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwmuzU4UQPw&feature=youtu.be&t=23
Hearing his other stuff, I think this is probably the most solid guess. I'm told he's Swedish, so that matches with the random accent he has in the trailer.

I wish he hammed it up as much as he did for the Until Dawn role. What they made him do doesn't work with the energy.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I wish he hammed it up as much as he did for the Until Dawn role. What they made him do doesn't work with the energy.
Agreed. It's funny because there are moments where he goes over the top in the linked video where I thought it was too much for the context, but then it would be really suitable for MX and I wish they would push the performance there. Assuming it is the same actor.

Anyway, it's a shame to have such a weak "big bad" to close out the series. This new performance is closer in banality to Diskin's Young Xehanort, though, so maybe that's deliberate.

I wonder if SENA will recall that they were doing cast releases for this game someday soon.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

I like the voice enough, but I wish they took a gruffer approach, something that would more fit the Nemoy route.

Back