• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

blank points

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

Come to think of it, do any of Epcar's roles in the series even have lines in the DDD trailer? Terra-Nort doesn't appear and Ansem SoD only stands there and looks menacing with a sword in his hand, if I remember correctly.

You know, you're right. I don't think any of Epcar's characters in the trailers speak at all, as Ansem SoD does not speak, and the cutscene where we see the flashback of Xehanort and Braig had no voices at all. Of course, this may not mean anything, yet it does make you wonder if Epcar is in this game at all.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Of course, this may not mean anything, yet it does make you wonder if Epcar is in this game at all.
Like Ethy said, even if he's not in the trailer, we still know he's recorded for the game since they've done other voices.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You know, you're right. I don't think any of Epcar's characters in the trailers speak at all, as Ansem SoD does not speak, and the cutscene where we see the flashback of Xehanort and Braig had no voices at all. Of course, this may not mean anything, yet it does make you wonder if Epcar is in this game at all.

I'm sure he will. Apprentice Xehanort starts the game off, so he'd probably speak and his VA is Mr. Epcar.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

And it could be a new project, or something for a new DC thing since Mark Hamill isn't the Joker anymore... who really knows! (sigh)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

There won't be a sequel to Arkham City so that is out, and I don't imagine they'd need the Joker's voice in Gotham City Imposters since the game is coming out next month and they wouldn't do voice acting this late in the game. John DiMaggio would be one of the other go-tos for the Joker, or a new voice actor. Just, I don't expect it to be anything Batman related.

It could be Sengoku Basara, or that other major game people are expecting him in. There are a ton of games he might have been cast in.

madammina

I wasn't thinking that. I met for any new shows, or so on.

Plus, well, he's in anime and TV too. He's been posting old clips from his live action stuff for some reason recently. (shrug) But he's also posted his roast several times so I think it's more just him showing old work so we can laugh at it or something.

blank points

Awards

Lol, hello again everyone.

I was looking at something on KH wiki, and I noticed on the page for Frollo it said Jim Cummings was the replacement. I looked at a link and I got this.

I would only take this with a grain of salt, however, seeing as there is not legit proof that Jim actualy said this, but whoever wrote this article claims to have asked him himself, so it was worth a shot. Not to mention this is DeviantART, and not an offical site :p
Breaking News About The New Voice Of Frollo on KH! by =ChristineJ16 on deviantART?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If it is Jim Cummings, awesome! He was one of the people we theorized in this thread xD

We'll have to wait and see since none of us will really accept a 2nd hand account like that.

madammina

I hope he does a good job if it is. He can be... wonderfully bombastic. Which isn't Frollo.

SQUARE ENIX! I WANT MY ENGLISH TRAILER!

madammina

There is no name on the TWEWY wikia. And he's not in game yet.

sonickenshin

Awards

I was looking at something on KH wiki, and I noticed on the page for Frollo it said Jim Cummings was the replacement. I looked at a link and I got this.

I would only take this with a grain of salt, however, seeing as there is not legit proof that Jim actualy said this, but whoever wrote this article claims to have asked him himself, so it was worth a shot. Not to mention this is DeviantART, and not an offical site :p
Breaking News About The New Voice Of Frollo on KH! by =ChristineJ16 on deviantART?
I...have mixed feelings about this. I love Jim Cummings, but I don't think he can pull off Frollo. Course...I'm kinda thinking this is just fan speculation or something....I won't believe it till we got some concrete evidence. >>;

madammina

Jim Cummings is what got me interested in VAing and I'm not sure he can pull it off. Like I said, he's kinda bombastic. While he CAN do restrained, it's not exactly his forte. On the other hand, he's a brilliant imitator so that's probably why/if he was hired.

The mask is him being restrained and threatening. It's a good example, but the game is VERY M so... yeah... fair warning.
[video=youtube;i3oMvDncg74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3oMvDncg74[/video]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I don't know whether we should trust deviantART on this.

blank points

Awards

I don't know whether we should trust deviantART on this.

Exactly what I thought when I saw this. Only reason I posted this was because it was SOME kind of news for English DDD. As it is not an offical site, as you said, I don't exactly trust it either, but you never know.

And personally I was surprised when they said Cummings. Though I don't doubt he could do it, I would expect Corey Burton.

Bobjam

Awards

Just watched tron:legacy and realised, how cool would it be to have Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedland voice their respective characters as well as a Jeff Bridges cameo, that would be awesome +). Really hope they announce some English VA's soon.

madammina

James Patrick Stuart is off to record for Kingdom Hearts! I'll update with a screengrab in a minute.

edit: screenshot!

JamesPatrickStuart.jpg

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Intresting. Now let's ask epcar and flynn.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

mina you win the internet for the day ;w;

Back