• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Nimoy to reprise MX! Panettiere As Xion!

Ah, but armor does not equate to having vocals. Plus, it had a nightmare symbol on it... I can't talk about this anymore.

I know that :p Actually...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I wouldn't count on it .

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Nimoy to reprise MX! Panettiere As Xion!

I know that :p Actually...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Thanks for all the spoilers I won't be reading. D:

Yer sweet tho. <3

Marx15

&#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937;

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Thanks for all the spoilers I won't be reading. D:

Yer sweet tho. <3

Ah my bad :p

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Ben Diskin is YMX!

I mean, sure, it makes sense that he returns for continuity's sake, but I honestly don't think his voice is the right fit for Master Xehanort. That's not a strike against Nimoy, though, as I think he's a pretty dope dude.

BBS voices in general just really grates my nerves. :(

.....REALLY? I thought he was perfect.

Anyway, I'm entirelly thrilled about Nimoy's return for DDD. I couldn't be happier. I'm sad that Stoner isn't reprising her role as Xion, as I quite liked her for the character. I hope Hayden does a good job with Xion, and I'm glad to see her return to the series.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

TERRRRAHH. THAR DARRKNESS INSIIIIDEE YOU MUST BE UNLEASEDDD. WEILD THE KEEYBLADE AND EMBRAACE THAR DAARKNESS INSIIIDE YOU.

It was perfect <3

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;

I still prefer Nimoy, Max sounds like more of the old guide type of character

.....REALLY? I thought he was perfect..

TERRRRAHH. THAR DARRKNESS INSIIIIDEE YOU MUST BE UNLEASEDDD. WEILD THE KEEYBLADE AND EMBRAACE THAR DAARKNESS INSIIIDE YOU.

It was perfect <3

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. *shrugs*

Anyway, I'm entirelly thrilled about Nimoy's return for DDD. I couldn't be happier. I'm sad that Stoner isn't reprising her role as Xion, as I quite liked her for the character. I hope Hayden does a good job with Xion, and I'm glad to see her return to the series.

Maybe this is an odd thing to say, but knowing that she played Kairi at one point in Kingdom Hearts is slightly putting me off on the idea of her playing Xion―emphasis on slightly. I'd like all characters have their own voice if possible. :/

But at the same time, her having Kairi's voice kinda sorta makes sense when you think about it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It was always supposed to be the voice of Kairi, so I'm pretty happy about this. I'm a sucker for matching the Japanese version xD >_>

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I actually thought Alyson Stoner did a pretty good job, pretty interested on how Hayden's gonna sound.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Maybe this is an odd thing to say, but knowing that she played Kairi at one point in Kingdom Hearts is slightly putting me off on the idea of her playing Xion―emphasis on slightly. I'd like all characters have their own voice if possible. :/

But at the same time, her having Kairi's voice kinda sorta makes sense when you think about it.

She was always supposed to have the same VA as Kairi, if we're going by the Japanese versions, like Ethy said.

But for our own NA versions consistency's sake, I'd rather they kept Alyson. However, I do understand that Hayden and Alyson have pretty much been tossing Xion and Kairi between each other, so hopefully they will sound similar enough that it won't even be an issue.

Does Jesse McCartney voicing both Ven and Roxas bother you?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Not really. They have very different personalities so their difference in voice will be apparent for the most part. Just like any voice actor voicing twins.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Not really. They have very different personalities so their difference in voice will be apparent for the most part. Just like any voice actor voicing twins.

Yeah, it doesn't bother me either. That's why it hopefully won't be a problem for Hayden.

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;

I'd like all characters have their own voice if possible. :/

/trap card

But no, not quite; I’d say that’s the exception to what I said previously. Honestly though, Jesse could voice every character in the game and I wouldn't care—he’s really good.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

/trap card

But no, not quite; I’d say that’s the exception to what I said previously. Honestly though, Jesse could voice every character in the game and I wouldn't care—he’s really good.
Rofl. It wasn't a trap, I was genuinely curious. Jesse McCartney has improved leaps and bounds as a VA, and I love how he added some subtle differences to Ven and Roxas. I hope Hayden Panettiere can do the same for Xion and Kairi.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

His lines in the new English trailer were the best. I don't remember liking him that much in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

His lines in the new English trailer were the best. I don't remember liking him that much in Kingdom Hearts 2.

KH2 was six years ago. He's been amazing on Young Justice and is probably one of the favorite voices from the show by many fans.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, I agree with Ethy.

KH2 wasn't Jesse's best performance, and he has improved exceptionally as time has gone on.

Back