• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Epcar hints?

really? I was just being funny.

This is the Rob Paulsen that I know: (I know this isn't his entire Oeuvre)
Steelbeak:
Carl Wheezer:
The Bard:

I know he was also Pinky, Yakko, and one of the Ninja turtles (I didn't watch any of those so I can't talk about it)

I know him from more recent roles like in Ben 10 and Thundercats and some other stuff so I think he could do it xD Voice actors have amazing ranges sometimes.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

What do you mean "Sometimes"

I'll hold myself off before I go into a rant about celebrity "Voice Acting" vs real voice acting, but unless the celebrity does a FANTASTIC job (either with emotions or putting real effort into the part, etc) I prefer the real VA every time.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Some voice actors have terrible voice range and some have incredible talent. o_O
This isn't even bringing celebrity's into the equation; there are many dubbed anime's with voice actors who don't do a very good job at all and this is their lively hood.

madammina

Alright, fair enough. But you will allow that celebrities usually do a worse job?

(And I don't watch Anime so I can't comment)

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Who will voice judge frollo in Tony Jay's stead?

I bet they'll just get Yen Sid and Ansem the Wise' BBS voice actor, Cory Burton I think his name was, to voice Frollo.

This is what I was thinking. He could probably do a decent job I think... especially after finishing Arkham City. Dang, that voice 0_0

Although Earl Boen would be pretty darn good too. But the odds are they'll just do Corey Burton

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Also, you can factor into this equation the fact that there are occasions when a character has two offical VAs. Look at Genie. Dan Castellanata voiced him in Return of Jafar, and that's who we got for KH. Therefore, we *technically* got an official Genie VA. He may be no Robin Williams, but he does the job, and did it in an official movie.

But yeah, the reason that VAs can change is usually because of availability conflicts.

Or, of course, because the original one died. :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Alright, fair enough. But you will allow that celebrities usually do a worse job?

(And I don't watch Anime so I can't comment)

It isn't just in anime. Even in cartoons and video games you get professional voice actors who can only do one voice and a variation of that one voice.

And yeah celebs are often less-than-spectacular voice actors, but there have been many who have proven they can do a good job...like Jesse McCartney~

madammina

Stephen Merchant in "Portal 2", Ellen DeGeneres in "Finding Nemo", Steve Carell in "Despicable Me", etc.

And, yes, like Kevin Michael Richardson. But I happen to like his voice so I'll let his slide. I do see your point though.

Love Machine

strut strut strut

I wouldn't doubt that they'll use a VA that's already on the team.

Amazing

Yeah, the scene we see with Riku in DDD is the one where Quasi saves Esmeralda from a public execution, and the entire story is driven by Frollo (unlike Gaston in Beauty and the Beast, even though he is an important part), so it would be hard to envision The Hunchback of Notre Dame without Frollo. They'd be severely fucking up the story.

I wouldn't put it past them to cut him out but... it would be idiotic in my opinion. I mean, without him, there is no Hunchback of Notre Dame (who's keeping him in the Bell Tower?), there is no search for Esmeralda (who's burning down Paris to find the blasphemer?)...

So of course assuming he's in the game, no one can replace the golden pipes of Tony Jay. However, I found one voice actor that is pretty damn close to him.

Earl Boen - IMDb

He's the narrator here:

Compare with:

I think it's a pretty good match.

Eark Boen 100% golden

That's the guy who should voice Judge Frollo. ^^

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

we don't even know if Frollo will appear so, we do not have to think about it for now

He's vital to the whole core of what is Hunchback of Notre Dame. Grass already explained how Frollo drives the whole plot, but there's still a little more to it.

The whole point of the film revolves around the question of who is the man and who is the monster between Quasimodo and Frollo. This is the heart of that film. Without Frollo, not only is there no driving force in the plot, there is no point.

As for who will voice him, while I do like Grass' suggestion, I'm pretty confident it'll be Corey Burton. And he's actually a great voice actor. :)

GoodXion

sorry for the dumb question but shouldn't the japanese VA start recording by now? if so does that mean we should be expecting english VA to start recording soon.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

sorry for the dumb question but shouldn't the japanese VA start recording by now? if so does that mean we should be expecting english VA to start recording soon.
[video=youtube;RhvNgouXG4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvNgouXG4k[/video]

GoodXion

I've seen it before so does that mean they nearly done voicing all the cutscenes in the japanese version? will we start getting some english voices confirm? sorry I just hype for this game.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I think the best bet for any new news is at Jump Festa, which if memory serves is roughly a month from now.

takory

Website
takory.deviantart.com

really thats weird. i found his name but i think it is way to early to find out who is playing who. it says he was in TWEWY but nothing about future jobs. i even checked the kingdom hearts 3D section and no nothing yet :S
i dont think we will no untill it is almost released in Japan.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

really thats weird. i found his name but i think it is way to early to find out who is playing who. it says he was in TWEWY but nothing about future jobs. i even checked the kingdom hearts 3D section and no nothing yet :S
i dont think we will no untill it is almost released in Japan.

Who are you talking about? o_o

takory

Website
takory.deviantart.com

i think it is around the time the release i Japan do they start recording in english. roughly about 3 months later it will come out here?

Who are you talking about? o_o

lol oh sorry. im talking about Jesse David Corti. forgot to quote XD.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

i think it is around the time the release i Japan do they start recording in english. roughly about 3 months later it will come out here?

lol oh sorry. im talking about Jesse David Corti. forgot to quote XD.

Ah. That would explain everything :3

I'll have to remind you to stop double posting and use the [Edit Post] button at the bottom of your post though, just because you've been doing it everywhere xD

Back