• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

fine Corey does this game but Christopher Lee must come back in the epic KH3
And what if he does do it, but then his health takes a turn for the worse and he passes away because of the travelling(touch wood). It's too risky for him to do any travelling and I wouldn't want him to strain himself getting to a recording studio.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

1) xion's appearence is based off of sora's memories of kairi. she looks like kairi except for the black hair. she was originally intended to have the same voice as kairi, and she does in japanese. im sure they asked hayden to do xion in days, but she was busy (doing what, idk. i havent seen her in anything lately) so they had alyson stoner do it, because she had stepped in for kairi in re: com. stoner is the kairi understudy, and she only voiced xion in days because she was "like kairi". im sure they would prefer hayden to do it if available, they are supposed to be the same!

She was working on Heroes. :\

Why are you telling Taochan this? She knows all of this information. :|

2)and corey burton is good, and i would be fine with him as AtW from the start. but his voice is an impression of christopher lee, and i think he has a very distinct voice. I hope his health allows him to return.

He's like 90. I don't think he will.

fine Corey does this game but Christopher Lee must come back in the epic KH3

Like I just said, the man is like 90. :\ He's old and he's only going to do certain things when he wants to and when he feels like he can. Let Corey Burton do the voice and let Christopher Lee do whatever he wants with his life.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

I feel bad that I didn't notice that it was different actors between games. '3'

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

1) xion's appearence is based off of sora's memories of kairi. she looks like kairi except for the black hair. she was originally intended to have the same voice as kairi, and she does in japanese. im sure they asked hayden to do xion in days, but she was busy (doing what, idk. i havent seen her in anything lately) so they had alyson stoner do it, because she had stepped in for kairi in re: com. stoner is the kairi understudy, and she only voiced xion in days because she was "like kairi". im sure they would prefer hayden to do it if available, they are supposed to be the same!
Like the Master said, she was doing Heroes. Yeah, I'm entirely aware of why Xion looks the way she does, I played the game. I'm aware that Risa Uchida voices both of them in Japanese as well, but that doesn't change the fact that we have two perfectly appropriate voice actresses voicing these two individual characters in English. So I think they should continue to voice the characters.

2)and corey burton is good, and i would be fine with him as AtW from the start. but his voice is an impression of christopher lee, and i think he has a very distinct voice. I hope his health allows him to return.
Corey Burton is a fantastic impressionist and he's so close to Christopher Lee that I really wouldn't mind if Christopher Lee stepped down. I'd rather Christoper Lee got healthy than travel to recordings and get sicker.

Delsan said:
Say that to Sora/Vanitas and Roxas/Ventus

:/

That's a different scenario.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

That's a different scenario.

*shrugs*

I'm just saying it's not uncommon in KH for the same actors to voice different characters. I don't think Hayden should voice Xion though. Their voices aren't that similar.

raycat27_2003

Awards

Isn't there somewhere local Lee could go to and someone can send the tapes to whoever needed them??

IAMSORA

1) xion and kairi are different characters. i played the game, and i am aware of that. i think having them voiced by different actresses in the same game would lessen the connection
2) i also think christopher lee's health is more important, and if it is affecting his health i am okay with burton. i understand that corey burton is very talented, and his impression is fantastic, but i prefer the original.
3) and sora/vanitas roxas/ventus arent really that different of a scenario. they are connected in some way forcing them to share an appearence. the voice comes with that

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

1) xion and kairi are different characters. i played the game, and i am aware of that. i think having them voiced by different actresses in the same game would lessen the connection
So now you're agreeing?

2) i also think christopher lee's health is more important, and if it is affecting his health i am okay with burton. i understand that corey burton is very talented, and his impression is fantastic, but i prefer the original.
Fair enough, we all have our own preferences when it comes to Burton/Lee but Burton has really won me over recently.

3) and sora/vanitas roxas/ventus arent really that different of a scenario. they are connected in some way forcing them to share an appearence. the voice comes with that
Yeah, yeah they are. HJO and Jesse have never been unavailable and needed a stand in like Hayden has. And the connection between Sora/Vanitas and Roxas/Ventus is pretty different from the connection between Kairi/Xion.

*shrugs*

I'm just saying it's not uncommon in KH for the same actors to voice different characters. I don't think Hayden should voice Xion though. Their voices aren't that similar.
Agreed. I love Hayden's voice but I think Stoner is perfect for Xion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

1)Stop listing things. Like, really?
ニ)It doesn't lessen the relation at all. We know there is a relation between the two characters because of their faces.
C)Okay, we get it. We all prefer the original. Does that mean we'll get it? No. There is never a guarantee we'll get the same voice cast.

Isn't there somewhere local Lee could go to and someone can send the tapes to whoever needed them??

There probably is, and I'm sure it's been done before. I think it is more ideal for Disney and the voice director for all voicing to be in the same place. Ease of access for the voice director to give orders, and better for negotiations on Disney's part.

IAMSORA

1) im agreeing they are different characters. sorry if there was any confusion over that. i thought it was clear when i said they are the same i was talking about their voices. i do believe having them voiced by different actresses would a) go against what was originally intended for the character of xion and b) lessen their connection in the game.

2) stoner did a great job as xion, and i would only be a little disappointed if she voiced both kairi and xion 3D. but they need to be the same voice.

3) i meant the scenario with the characters. if HJO could not voice vanitas and they had a stand in, but miyu irino did, and then HJO became available, i would want him to voice vanitas because the characters of sora and vanitas are supposed to have the same voice. and yes the connection is different, but still, xion and kairi (like ven/roxas and sora/vanitas) are supposed to look (mostly) and sound identical.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

1) im agreeing they are different characters. sorry if there was any confusion over that. i thought it was clear when i said they are the same i was talking about their voices. i do believe having them voiced by different actresses would a) go against what was originally intended for the character of xion and b) lessen their connection in the game.
It's already gone against what was "originally intended" then. And their connection is so minor that it doesn't even matter. Xion has a closer connection to Roxas and Sora than she does to Kairi.

2) stoner did a great job as xion, and i would only be a little disappointed if she voiced both kairi and xion 3D. but they need to be the same voice.
For consistency's sake, they really shouldn't be the same voice.

3) i meant the scenario with the characters. if HJO could not voice vanitas and they had a stand in, but miyu irino did, and then HJO became available, i would want him to voice vanitas because the characters of sora and vanitas are supposed to have the same voice. and yes the connection is different, but still, xion and kairi (like ven/roxas and sora/vanitas) are supposed to look (mostly) and sound identical.
The scenario is still different. Xion is a replica of Roxas/i] and her primary appearance is based on Sora's memories of Kairi. She was a blank, literally, before she started absorbing memories from Sora. So yeah, she's supposed to look like her but she's so loosely connected to Kairi that it doesn't really matter that we have a different voice actress for her.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I'm not against Stoner doing Xion, mainly because thinking about it, if Xion and Kairi were in a scene together, it would sound like a crazy person's mind. But I also wouldn't mind Hayden doing both, because I love her voice.

But Xion's connection with Kairi is really minor, when thought about. She's really a Sora replica more than anything else.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm not against Stoner doing Xion, mainly because thinking about it, if Xion and Kairi were in a scene together, it would sound like a crazy person's mind. But I also wouldn't mind Hayden doing both, because I love her voice.

But Xion's connection with Kairi is really minor, when thought about. She's really a Sora replica more than anything else.
That's pretty much half of the reason I'd rather have them keep different actresses for the two. They're barely connected to each other, that it makes sense to keep it the way it is for the West. I like Stoner as Xion and I adore Hayden as Kairi.

Lonbilly

Awards

That's pretty much half of the reason I'd rather have them keep different actresses for the two. They're barely connected to each other, that it makes sense to keep it the way it is for the West. I like Stoner as Xion and I adore Hayden as Kairi.

And Alyson did do a good job as Xion, there's no questioning that.

Either way, I'm game.

Or, HJO doing his best girl voice just because I can't picture/hear that in my head.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

And Alyson did do a good job as Xion, there's no questioning that.

Either way, I'm game.

Or, HJO doing his best girl voice just because I can't picture/hear that in my head.
OH, HJO AS XION. Okay, you've sold me on that!

Lonbilly

Awards

Quickly, email SE before they cast!

All we need is a scene with HJO Xion, Data Sora, Normal Sora, Vanitas, and Zexion/Ienzo pretending to be Sora and I think we'll be good. HJO VOICE SCENE GALORE.

IAMSORA

if Xion and Kairi were in a scene together, it would sound like a crazy person's mind. But Xion's connection with Kairi is really minor, when thought about. She's really a Sora replica more than anything else.

1) it will sound that way in japanese. like it is supposed to
2) correct, xion/kairi is dont share a heart or anything like that. stoner was brought in because hayden was busy. hayden, the voice of kairi, is meant to be the voice of xion. think of stoner as a hayden replacement for xion that happened to voice her in her first appearance (sounds weird, but kinda how it is)
3) at the end of the day, no matter how minor the connection, xion and kairi are supposed to be identical (except for the hair) and have the same voice. that is how nomura intended it, and why risa uscida voices both. it is meant to be thatway, having them be different actresses would be strange, because they look the same, and the voice just comes with the territory.

goodnight KHI. i hav a midterm tomorrow

Lonbilly

Awards

1) it will sound that way in japanese. like it is supposed to
2) correct, xion/kairi is dont share a heart or anything like that. stoner was brought in because hayden was busy. hayden, the voice of kairi, is meant to be the voice of xion. think of stoner as a hayden replacement for xion that happened to voice her in her first appearance (sounds weird, but kinda how it is)
3) at the end of the day, no matter how minor the connection, xion and kairi are supposed to be identical (except for the hair) and have the same voice. that is how nomura intended it, and why risa uscida voices both. it is meant to be thatway, having them be different actresses would be strange, because they look the same, and the voice just comes with the territory.

goodnight KHI. i hav a midterm tomorrow

You really don't need to list reasons why, mainly because I agree with both, but also because we already know why Xion and Kairi might have the same VA.

I think this is where Zachary Quinto should be brought back up. That kid needs to be YMX.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Quickly, email SE before they cast!

All we need is a scene with HJO Xion, Data Sora, Normal Sora, Vanitas, and Zexion/Ienzo pretending to be Sora and I think we'll be good. HJO VOICE SCENE GALORE.
Yes. This needs to happen. XD Every person playing will just break down and cry.

They already have different voice actresses so it's a moot point.

Back