• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

I just wish that someone would ask him why he stopped voice acting the character, since he has never given any official reason. We, the fans, can only guess at why. He could have not liked it, not been asked back, etc.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Billy Zane is amazing, he'll always be Xehanort to me. But, while Richard Epcar's rendition keeps making me think Dr. Eggman (it's his beefy voice), he had improved a lot since, so I've grown to like him too. I just wish they got someone with the same sound as Billy Zane for consistency instead of getting someone who played an Akio Otsuka role. Ah, well.

How you hear Eggman anywhere in the mix is beyond me.

sonickenshin

Awards

How you hear Eggman anywhere in the mix is beyond me.
Like I said, it's the beefiness of Richard Epcar's voice. Yeah, he doesn't play Eggman, but that's what I usually associate to Eggman. This loud, beefy voice (whenever Epcar gets loud anyway).

KevVentus

I can understand the Eggman association actually... I do miss Billy Zane. I remember playing KH2 for the first time and hearing Epcar playing Ansem SoD for the first time... yikes. I'm actually starting to think he's the reason I'm sick of Ansem SoD popping up everywhere... that character's been beaten like a dead horse.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

-Insert usual "OMG IT'S KINGDOM HEARTS*"*
I would think it is, but then I thought DDD wouldn't be a big title game.
tumblr_lyznmhPAR91qcbdpro1_500.png

*this is not what people have said. this is for emphasis.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I'm just going to say it again in case people didn't get it the first time from Chaser:

This is not an official confirmation. Before you make ten gazillion threads about Richard Epcar being confirmed for 3D from whatever other site you go to whatever, we have yet to see/hear it properly from him, acknowledging that he did work on the title. It's bad enough that people have already begun sensationalizing his previous FB post and that was just as vague.

KevVentus

I just remembered we're going to have to listen to HaleyJoel Osment try to be young Sora again... ugh

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I just remembered we're going to have to listen to HaleyJoel Osment try to be young Sora again... ugh

You say it like it's going to ruin his performance, kupo. (He was awesome in RE:COM, Kupo.)

KevVentus

It's not going to ruin his performance... it just takes me out of the experience a little when I hear THAT voice coming out of THAT face. I never played Re:COM, but hopefully I'll get used to it.

I'm really eager to find out why they were reverted to their KH designs again to justify this madness.

blank points

Awards

It was mentioned that they have to be in their KH1 forms in order to learn to use the keyblade the "proper" way, as Nomura put it, to take the Mark of Mastery.

KevVentus

I think I remember something along those lines. Ahhhh, so ambiguous!!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I wouldn't look to much into that though :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Just some news bait :3 *hates droughts even when they are short* Something to get people talking and wondering where there is going to be an English-language update. Also, I think the more interest we show, the more obvious it becomes to certain people how much we all want to know what's up~

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I wonder if he means news for him, or news for us...

I'd expect the latter since JPS is already recording stuff apparently.

They were probably done with the recording for the Japanese version months ago. This isn't something they'd leave until the last minute when the game is releasing next month.

KevVentus

I may sound naive, but I never understood what the problem was with recording the japanese and english versions at the same time... I understand that Japan comes first but...

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Actually Birth by Sleep was recorded at like the same time almost. But S-E likes releasing games really late in US/EU

Back