• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KevVentus

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

Actually Birth by Sleep was recorded at like the same time almost. But S-E likes releasing games really late in US/EU

Huh. You would hope after every other long wait, they'd decide to cut non-Japan countries a break. I'm willing to wait... 3 months after March. Even that's too long though.

rikufan06

I still hope for news from billy zane the original xeharnot heartless

Awards

What do you guys make of Jesse David Corti's comment on this video?

[video=youtube;w-mZbE9FA9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-mZbE9FA9Y[/video]

Somebody want to directly ask him about his role in DDD?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I hope these five years in between TWEWY and Kingdom Hearts 3D have treated you well and continue to treat you well, well into the future :)
Is he hinting something? It is vauge though so don't take it as fact.

Awards

Is he hinting something? It is vauge though so don't take it as fact.

Oh yeah definitely. He wasn't clear at all haha which is why I was wondering if anyone was interested in asking directly. There haven't really been any other ways to get in contact with him have there?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh yeah definitely. He wasn't clear at all haha which is why I was wondering if anyone was interested in asking directly. There haven't really been any other ways to get in contact with him have there?

Nope, this is the only thing I've seen that he uses. I can ask :3

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

[video=youtube;ah6GbkBoEsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah6GbkBoEsw[/video]

Enjoy.

Also, it's cool to listen to this in the background:

IAMSORA

i think paul st peter sounds closer to billy zanes ansem SOD then epcar. i think, since zane quit, st peter should just voice all the xehanorts, except for MX, and YX

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

i think paul st peter sounds closer to billy zanes ansem SOD then epcar. i think, since zane quit, st peter should just voice all the xehanorts, except for MX, and YX

No. Paul St.Peter's habit of talking slow is irritating. He wouldn't anyways since he and Richard are..idk..best friends :/

EternalDreamer

No. Paul St.Peter's habit of talking slow is irritating. He wouldn't anyways since he and Richard are..idk..best friends :/

He fits Xemnas absolutely perfect though, no one can argue that. ESPECIALLY since he talks so slow.
But yeah, i like having all xehanorts with a different voice. Seperates them more.

IAMSORA

He fits Xemnas absolutely perfect though, no one can argue that. ESPECIALLY since he talks so slow.
But yeah, i like having all xehanorts with a different voice. Seperates them more.

i would like them all to hav different voices too, but it doesnt make sense for xehanort and ansem SOD to be the same, but xemnas not.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I WISH they did. Epcar is a great Xehanort, but I don't think he is a great Ansem SOD. The reason being that Epcar portrays his characters as more scheming characters, while Ansem SOD is more accurately seen as an insane character filled with passion (Zane). But his portrayal fits Xehanort.

The perfect compromise would be:
Ansem SOD: Billy Zane
Xehanort: Richard Epcar
Xemnas: Paul St. Peter

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

i would like them all to hav different voices too, but it doesnt make sense for xehanort and ansem SOD to be the same, but xemnas not.

Akio Otsuka voices both Xehanort and Ansem SoD in Japanese. I don't see why Epcar do the same in English.

I WISH they did. Epcar is a great Xehanort, but I don't think he is a great Ansem SOD. The reason being that Epcar portrays his characters as more scheming characters, while Ansem SOD is more accurately seen as an insane character filled with passion (Zane). But his portrayal fits Xehanort.

The perfect compromise would be:
Ansem SOD: Billy Zane
Xehanort: Richard Epcar
Xemnas: Paul St. Peter

So we've heard you the first ten million times.

sonickenshin

Awards

KH, Japanese cutscene: 190 - Hollow Bastion: First Visit (Part 12) - YouTube

...wow. Miyu Irino doesn't sound much different in KH1 than he does now. It's like Japan always had the KH2 voice, it's a bit higher in KH1, but it doesn't sound like a kid. He did sound like a kid in Spirited Away though, so I guess the guy went through puberty before KH1. Whilst Osment went through puberty afterwards. Heh. Kinda makes me feel sorry for him. He'll always get picked on for sounding 'too old' for 14 year old Sora, but in Japan...he always sounded like a teenager.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

"This Calls for a celebration"

So...we found the Ghost Host![video=youtube;Tk9x65b5NCs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk9x65b5NCs[/video]

Awards

Welp. This is good enough confirmation for me. Even if it was obvious Jesse D.C. would reprise his role as Neku.

5myer7.png

Original link to video: In Memory of the Living - YouTube

Thanks for asking, Master Spock. :3

Back