• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I don't know how it isn't obvious that he's recording for 2.5.

Bobizzle

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I don't know how it isn't obvious that he's recording for 2.5.

Well Jesse McCartney said he was recording lines in the studio months ago-assuming that's true it seems like a long time to record voice overs for 2.5.

I've always heard that no matter the size of the game, recordings should only take 2, 3 months max since the recordings are supposedly done almost every day in succession as part of the last of the developmental process.

so the recording probably is for 2.5 but I wouldn't say that it's definite either IMO. I know people believe I'm crazy for thinking this but I'm just not buying into the idea that KH3 has barely started development. I'm not gonna be dumb enough to say it's almost finished, but I think it's further along than everyone believes.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well Jesse McCartney said he was recording lines in the studio months ago-assuming that's true it seems like a long time to record voice overs for 2.5.
When was this? Can you provide a link to either what he said or an article about it?

Bobizzle

Never mind it was when he leaked about recording for 1.5 lol I remember now. Jeez hard to believe more than a year has passed since then...

so the article I saw was link bait then. Still, I look forward to what E3 holds. I think we could still be in for a surprise.

Awards

Who with which character.

Well she could either voice a new kingdom hearts character or a Square Enix character like for example Garnet/Dagger or a character from Xenogears.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Well she could either voice a new kingdom hearts character or a Square Enix character like for example Garnet/Dagger or a character from Xenogears.

Any reasons why you want this particular actress?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Ever played Xenoblade or watch Doctor Who?

No, and I don't plan to.

And quite frankly you need to actually offer some substantial support to accompany your claims or this discussion will get nowhere.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Hayden Panettiere Expecting First Child – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com

I'm surprised that nobody has brought this up yet. Needless to say, though, this probably won't have any effect as to whether Hayden could do KHIII or not, especially since they probably won't even be recording the English version until after Hayden gives birth.

KH3 is incredibly far away and the Kairi/Xion VA situation is so confused that her expecting a child isn't an issue at all.

Scorseselover

I'm not a big Marvel fan but if they do add Marvel they better have Robert Downey Jr. play Iron Man he's one of my favorite actors! (not because of Iron Man or Sherlock Holmes)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm not a big Marvel fan but if they do add Marvel they better have Robert Downey Jr. play Iron Man he's one of my favorite actors! (not because of Iron Man or Sherlock Holmes)

He probably wouldn't. Adrian Pasdar voices Tony Stark/Iron Man in most of his recent game/cartoon appearances.

Vincet

He probably wouldn't. Adrian Pasdar voices Tony Stark/Iron Man in most of his recent game/cartoon appearances.

They could also use Eric Loomis, who has pretty much made career out of doing RDjr. impersonations and he also has voiced Tony Stark in the past.

WhinyAcademic

Awards

RDJ wanted $40-50 million to renew his contract with Marvel for Avengers 2 and 3. If he voices Tony in Kingdom Hearts, I'll eat my car with a side of fava beans.

They could also use Eric Loomis, who has pretty much made career out of doing RDjr. impersonations and he also has voiced Tony Stark in the past.

Adrian Pasdar is horrendous as Tony. He's simply not Tony Stark, he just sounds like some random guy trying to be snarky and cool like RDJ. Tony Stark's portrayal in that horrendous Avengers Assemble show didn't do him any favors. Eric Loomis is a much better actor and Tony and should be asked back ASAP. But sigh, it's more than likely Pasdar will voice Tony in any future KH game.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I just...I dunno. Marvel in my KH..? Please just, give me some time to become more open to it. Or maybe save it for the next saga? I think I'd be down for that. Somewhat...maybe.

But VA's! Hmm...Well, obviously Leonard Nimoy. (I'm sure THAT'S been beaten to death with a cactus!) But if we go to Mt. Olympus I want James Woods again. And I'd love Rip Torn to be Zeus, if we finally meet the guy.

Scorseselover

I would really love it if they get Robin Williams to play the Genie one more time, that was one of his best roles

raycat27_2003

Awards

I don't know if this has been talked about or if this is the right thread for it, but do you think that Meghan Martin (who currently voices Namine) will record all of Brittany Snow's dialog in KH2???

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

We know she recorded new dialogue for kh2FM, but we don't know if she redubbed all of her lines.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I would really love it if they get Robin Williams to play the Genie one more time, that was one of his best roles
But Homer Simpson is doing such a great job.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

But Homer Simpson is doing such a great job.

I heard Dan Castellaneta was replaced by Jim Meskimen as Genie. I wonder who will voice him in Re:coded?

Back