• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - RIP Otsuka, Nimoy, Lee

James Patrick Stuart merely said that he had been recording another video game, but he didn't specify which one. It was actually Jesse... David Corti (Neku) who leaked KH3D! And then good ol' Jesse McCartney posted about it himself later on.

Oh yeah, that's right. It was the other Jesse that spilled the beans that time! I completely forgot about that.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Here's a fun fact:

When Jesse accidentally leaked KH2, his mom called SENA to apologize.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I feel so bad for him, but it's so funny at the same time lol

Can't really fault the guy since he really likes KH and was probably super excited
happybounce.gif

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Gilbert Gottfried leaked Re:coded HD so Jesse needs to reclaim his fame for KH3.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Guess now Mr. McCartney is old enough that he can spill the beans without worrying that his mom will call Square Enix. :D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The good thing is that he's in too deep now and it'd be a horrible decision to replace him due to slip ups, especially considering it does bring about a lot of positive publicity as everyone LOSES THEIR MINDS IN EXCITEMENT FOR A NEW RELEASE.

Voice actors do have a reputation for being the most likely to leak out information by accident, but hopefully SE or Disney will realize eventually that it's better to spin the leak positively rather than trying to cover it up.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The good thing is that he's in too deep now and it'd be a horrible decision to replace him due to slip ups, especially considering it does bring about a lot of positive publicity as everyone LOSES THEIR MINDS IN EXCITEMENT FOR A NEW RELEASE.

Voice actors do have a reputation for being the most likely to leak out information by accident, but hopefully SE or Disney will realize eventually that it's better to spin the leak positively rather than trying to cover it up.

And really, why not let the VAs and fans have their fun? It is much more reassuring that they are working on the game when leaks happen than if nothing happens and we are left in the dark for months on end.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Favorite voice actors/ voice actors you want to return?

So, first off, who are your top 3 voice actors in the series so far? Mine are:

1. Christopher Lee- my favorite voice actor of all time and possibly the best character in the series, I just love everything this man touches. RIP Christopher Lee.
2. Billy Zane- Billy Zane, for those of you that don't know, played Ansem SoD in Kingdom Hearts I & Chain of Memories. And listen to some of his lines from the end of the game... lol.
3. Jesse McCartney- Hear me out on this one. He's not #3 because of his phenomenal voice work, but rather my expectations. After I heard "How do you sleep?" kid was voicing a main character in the series, my hopes for KHII were struck down. However, after hearing him voice act in the series... damn. I'm really impressed. He did a little better as Roxas, but his work for Ventus is still good too. I'm much more impressed than I thought I would be, and that's why he's in the #3 spot.

So, which voice actors in the series are your top 3 voice actors, and what voice actors do you want to return the most? Rules are: No returning voice actors that are dead. Too many diddlying feels. And if you pick Terra, which you have the right to, I'll cyber punch you across the world if I have to. Comment below, let me know ;O;

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Re: Favorite voice actors/ voice actors you want to return?

1st: Jesse McCartney. His performance as Roxas is so believable and raw with emotion. His delivery and performance made the character more complex and real to me. He's so good he can make Ventus and Roxas sound like different people.

2nd: David Gallagher as Riku. Again his delivery and acting truly syncs with the character.

3rd: Paul St. Peter as Xemnas. "Indeeeeeeed." Need I say more?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I want Haley Joel Osment to return for Vanitas (BRING HIM BACK!), but tbh, I think he's gotten a little too old for Sora. Some voice actors are good at sounding a couple of years younger than they are. HJO...isn't. I kinda can't imagine anyone else for Sora either though ><
David Gallagher did a great job for Riku so far, and since Riku is voiced by my favorite voice actor in german...I have high expectations!! xD
Uh, Jesse McCartney did a good job, too, even though I, contrary to most people, liked his perfomance on Ventus better. Just thinking about him telling Aqua and Terra to put an end to him, awww Q_Q
Oh, and Mark Hamill is the perfect fit for Master Eraqus in my opinion. o0 It's...meant to be!

Anyways, I'm still undecided if I want a german voice-over or not. Some characters would sound completely off (I don't want Harry Potter-Roxas again...or even worse, VENTUS!), but there are also lots that I liked. Q_Q Buuuut I'll also be terribly sad since Axel/Lea would have a different voice actor now.. q.q Man, I liked Philipp Brammer...

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Well, like Nimoy, Nomura specifically asked if they could get Hamill to be Eraqus so...

In a game that featured Disney, Final Fantasy, and main characters that honestly were crosses between Power Rangers and Jedi Knights, they still somehow managed to pull off a "Star Wars vs. Star Trek" shout-out. I always knew that some of the SE staff were Star Wars fanboys, but that's something else...

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

In a game that featured Disney, Final Fantasy, and main characters that honestly were crosses between Power Rangers and Jedi Knights, they still somehow managed to pull off a "Star Wars vs. Star Trek" shout-out. I always knew that some of the SE staff were Star Wars fanboys, but that's something else...

Yeah, right? And don't forget that TWEWY somehow can be squeezed in there too

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

can i cry now

even a little

my hope is gone, everybody please boycott/download any new live-action disney projects. rip tron.

#flynnlives

Scorseselover

Crap. I was hoping to hear The Dude in a Kingdom Hearts game.

Forsaken Shadow

Do you think Square will somehow get Mandy Moore back as Rapunzel? I mean, she did voice Aerith in KH1. I really hope so because Mandy did a fantastic job as Rapunzel, added a lot of spunk to the character.

Though I've always wondered why they replaced the cast for the Hollow Bastion trio. Does anyone know?

Back