• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

chase is right 2.8 was the game on the list 3 was devlopment way befre the strike happened
gosoxtim: chaser’s illegible hypeman

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

with the annoucment of ryan being cast as beasy boy i wonder how he going to recored kh3 lines for the big hero 6 world if they not recored yet plus he also has to recored for the big hero 6 six show and flim for the titans show as well

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They'll work out time in his schedule. For example, they might have him record some lines for KHIII in the morning and the afternoon is booked out for prosthetics or however they're going to make him Beast Boy with some night time shooting.

Knuxpyro56

with the annoucment of ryan being cast as beasy boy i wonder how he going to recored kh3 lines for the big hero 6 world if they not recored yet plus he also has to recored for the big hero 6 six show and flim for the titans show as well

I remember back in 2015, Ryan did have extremely positive reactions of BH6 being in KH3. And back when Scott Adsit was on Leonard Maltin's podcast, he did say he was voicing Baymax in a game he couldn't talk about (the podcast was uploaded back in February of this year) if i remember correctly (i might be wrong). Much like how Mandy and Zachary work with each other as Rapunzel and Flynn, same is said with Ryan and Scott with Hiro and Baymax. Its not the same if they dont it.

And lets not forget Titans is still a long ways to go. If anything, Titans is still in pre production. And i think season 1 of voice recording for the show is already done.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Just gave the interview a listen.

While Mr. Adsit says he will voice Baymax whenever he's needed as he doesn't want to hear anyone else attempt his voice, they just say he's recorded for "a video game" which could easily be identified as Disney Infinity 2.0/3.0.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I hope the KHUX / Ducktales collab mean that KH3 will get a facelift and Scrooge will be voiced by David Tennent, and Huey, Dewey, and Lewie's personalities reflect the series.

I need Webby to freak out over the Keyblade as well.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I hope the KHUX / Ducktales collab mean that KH3 will get a facelift and Scrooge will be voiced by David Tennent, and Huey, Dewey, and Lewie's personalities reflect the series.

I need Webby to freak out over the Keyblade as well.
chaser i think it possible i mean what khgame without the ducktales gang

Scorseselover

I wonder if James Woods is going to play Hades again.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

He's a conservative with a past of tweeting vaguely racist things, such as this from last August and this from last November, which people have called him out on. I learnt about all this last July when he tweeted something horribly transphobic.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

He's a conservative with a past of tweeting vaguely racist things, such as this from last August and this from last November, which people have called him out on. I learnt about all this last July when he tweeted something horribly transphobic.
Conservative? This whole time I thought he was a liberal. *learns a thing today*

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Conservative? This whole time I thought he was a liberal. *learns a thing today*

Oh yeah, and if you go on his Twitter you'll see how radical and... aggressive is on many stances and towards many people.
Another reason why I'm glad I can separate the person from their work and still enjoy the latter.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

I mean he's literally playing the Disney devil. So.. *shrugs* ehhh..?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

thanks joey, now i have another reason to hate this fucker lol he’s worse than tim allen.

speaking of tim allen, he’s conservative which isn’t bad but he’s a garbage human being so i’d be totally down for patrick warburton to replace him as buzz for KH.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

I don't know. I'd still prefer all the original actors if possible. If a person can keep his career and politics separate then I'm fine with that. A person's opinions are their own business. I've worked with several people that had strong ideals or opinions that I didn't agree with, but they did their job well and I still worked with them.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Oh yeah, and if you go on his Twitter you'll see how radical and... aggressive is on many stances and towards many people.
Another reason why I'm glad I can separate the person from their work and still enjoy the latter.

Ugh, I wish I was able to as well lol, I enjoy his performance but yea...I guess at least I won't be upset if he ever gets replaced now lol. Kinda why I'm low-key fine with Tim Allen not being Buzz in KH either lol...

I don't know. I'd still prefer all the original actors if possible. If a person can keep his career and politics separate then I'm fine with that. A person's opinions are their own business. I've worked with several people that had strong ideals or opinions that I didn't agree with, but they did their job well and I still worked with them.

I guess I believe bigotry goes beyond an opinion or ideal. Its just being rude and factually incorrect 99% of the time. It has no place in any human, yet it still persists. Like idk, there is lots of nuance in the world, but this isn't one of those things...so tbh I do prefer people like that not getting supported/work. And it always bums me out when they are involved in projects I enjoy.

I guess I don't fully boycott things unless they are actively giving money to hate groups, like Chik-fil-a for instance.

thanks joey, now i have another reason to hate this diddlyer lol he’s worse than tim allen.

speaking of tim allen, he’s conservative which isn’t bad but he’s a garbage human being so i’d be totally down for patrick warburton to replace him as buzz for KH.

I'm kind of expecting everyone who did the voices in Disney Infinity to be the voices in this, but that could be way off. But yea, I don't think any of the Toy Story or Monsters cast reprised their roles in that game except maybe Randall? I forget.

I guess thats the problem with trying to get "big name" actors for your movies, they don't want to do their roles in your smaller projects so much lol...or rather won't for the amount they would get paid.

Last edited:

Scorseselover

Okay I’m trying my best to not get political, but I have been following his Twitter for years and I have not read anything racist that he posted.

I don’t think politics should be a reason why people shouldn’t be cast in a game, that’s irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I guess thats the problem with trying to get "big name" actors for your movies, they don't want to do their roles in your smaller projects so much lol...or rather won't for the amount they would get paid.
Aside from Tom Hanks, I think they've all come back for at least one Toy Story video game. Sulley from Monsters Inc was voiced by Joel McCrary in Disney Infinity, however, and John Goodman might be a bit busy what with the Rosanne revival and all.

Still, it's Disney who holds these contracts and brings in whomever they want to voice for the characters:
-Ah, so that's part of the story... By the way, Woody and Buzz's Japanese voice actors are a bit different, can you elaborate on why?

Nomura: We don't decide on the casting for them. That's Disney's decision. Disney already has their own games with Woody and Buzz in them, and they use those voice actors, so they probably opted for the same with KH3.

I'd count Tom Hanks out no matter what, but I don't think it is out of the question for the rest to be brought back =)

Back