• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

June 13th:

Fan - hey :) did you do the voice for kingdom hearts? 😊

Kevin McNally - I did not.

June 15th:

Fan - Mr. McNally You Will reprise your role of Joshamee Gibbs in Kingdom Hearts III?

Kevin McNally - I think so.

giphy.gif

Rii

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

June 13th:

Fan - hey :) did you do the voice for kingdom hearts? ������

Kevin McNally - I did not.

June 15th:

Fan - Mr. McNally You Will reprise your role of Joshamee Gibbs in Kingdom Hearts III?

Kevin McNally - I think so.

giphy.gif

I’m not sure how reliable of a source it is, but IMDb cites him as voicing Gibbs for III. They also cite Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Kristen Bell, and Idina Menzel as returning for Rapunzel, Flynn, Anna, and Elsa.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I’m not sure how reliable of a source it is, but IMDb cites him as voicing Gibbs for III. They also cite Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Kristen Bell, and Idina Menzel as returning for Rapunzel, Flynn, Anna, and Elsa.
I saw that, but it looks like someone went through after the trailers and just attributed the voice actors with these characters without any proper confirmation. Whoever did it though did a nice job with the stand-ins, including the usual Pirates voices instead of jumping on the actual actors.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

It's always best to take IMDB with a grain of salt since no one ever seems to remove errors, speculations, and just plain jokes.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

So someone has leaked the Orchestra trailer from June 9th and we got our first listen of Randall himself (bad quality of course), but of course, he did say "Who Cares"

Randall: 0:15-0:16
[video=youtube;WoDP8KxwdrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoDP8KxwdrY[/video]

He doesn't sound like Peter Kelamis from the Disney Infinity games for sure, and I doubt that's Steve Buscemi doing the voice for him, but whoever's doing him sounds very close to Steve himself.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

I'm definitely a bit out of the loop, so forgive my ignorance here, but I did see something about David Tennant and Drake Bell. Can someone fill me in on what exactly that's about? Because I am 100% for this and would like to get in on the hype!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm definitely a bit out of the loop, so forgive my ignorance here, but I did see something about David Tennant and Drake Bell. Can someone fill me in on what exactly that's about? Because I am 100% for this and would like to get in on the hype!
David Tennant has a current two-season contract to voice Scrooge McDuck in the Ducktales reboot. No doubt he will be around for more seasons if Disney wants to continue producing the show. He has more experience in the role than John Kassir, who voiced Scrooge McDuck in three Mickey Mouse shorts over three years.

Drake Bell voiced Young Eraqus in the 2015 E3 trailer and a few months ago retweeted some people who pointed that out.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

David Tennant has a current two-season contract to voice Scrooge McDuck in the Ducktales reboot. No doubt he will be around for more seasons if Disney wants to continue producing the show. He has more experience in the role than John Kassir, who voiced Scrooge McDuck in three Mickey Mouse shorts over three years.

Drake Bell voiced Young Eraqus in the 2015 E3 trailer and a few months ago retweeted some people who pointed that out.

Well damn. David voicing Scrooge McDuck for Ducktales is news to me. I didn't even know they were doing a ducktales reboot, let alone getting David to voice Scrooge. Seems like they would be crazy not to get him to reprise his role for KH3.

As for Drake Bell, I didn't recognize the voice when I had originally seen the trailer. But it's nice to see he's getting more voicing roles. Was it ever confirmed by him that he was going to reprise his role in Kh3? Or is it still fan speculation?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well damn. David voicing Scrooge McDuck for Ducktales is news to me. I didn't even know they were doing a ducktales reboot, let alone getting David to voice Scrooge. Seems like they would be crazy not to get him to reprise his role for KH3.
The Ducktales reboot is almost at the end of its first season. They just aired episode 16 today, which means 5 more episodes before season one is done. Everyone in the cast - David Tennant, Danny Pudi (Community), Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation), Booby Moynihan (Saturday Night Live), Kate Micucci (Garfunkel and Oates), Beck Bennett (Saturday Night Live), and Toks Olagundoye (The Neighbors) - do a fantastic job.

Plus they get some great voice talent in for the series. If there was an actual Ducktales world then it'd be filled with amazing actors and actresses. They have Jim Rash voicing Gyro Gearloose (Community), Lin-Manuel Miranda as Gizmoduck (Hamilton), Allison Janney as Goldie O'Gilt (Mom, I, Tonya), and Marc Evan Jackson as Bentley Buzzard (The Good Place, Brooklyn Nine-Nine).

Like, give me a 2017 Ducktales world with these voices now please!

As for Drake Bell, I didn't recognize the voice when I had originally seen the trailer. But it's nice to see he's getting more voicing roles. Was it ever confirmed by him that he was going to reprise his role in Kh3? Or is it still fan speculation?
It'd be weird if Drake Bell liked and retweeted people talking about his work in Kingdom Hearts 3 if he wasn't actually voicing the character. Though if he just wanted to diddly with some people, it worked.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

So there’s going to be a panel at SacAnime Summer 2018 where Quinton Flynn (Lea,) Tony Anselmo (Donald,) Michael Gough (Gopher,) and Andre Stojka (Owl) will be discussing their work on the KH series. It seems like an odd choice to bring in the latter two unless they’ll be doing work on KH3. :)

https://levelupmedia.com/kingdom-hearts-cast-coming-to-sacanime-summer-2018/

No specific time or date for the panel yet, but the convention is 8/31-9/1.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So there’s going to be a panel at SacAnime Summer 2018 where Quinton Flynn (Lea,) Tony Anselmo (Donald,) Michael Gough (Gopher,) and Andre Stojka (Owl) will be discussing their work on the KH series. It seems like an odd choice to bring in the latter two unless they’ll be doing work on KH3. :)

https://levelupmedia.com/kingdom-hearts-cast-coming-to-sacanime-summer-2018/

No specific time or date for the panel yet, but the convention is 8/31-9/1.
Panel? Sign pointed out that all the main website says is

.... will be attending SacAnime Summer 2018. All four guests will be participating in our FREE Autograph Sessions.
Nothing about a panel or discussion about Kingdom Hearts.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Panel? Sign pointed out that all the main website says is

Nothing about a panel or discussion about Kingdom Hearts.

Not sure where the journalist got his info from. I’ll see if I can find out. However, it would seem odd if those four are being singled out as KH stars just for autographs when Richard Epcar and Derek Stephen Prince will also be there doing autographs unless those four were doing something specific for KH.

Amadeus

Awards

it would seem odd if those four are being singled out as KH stars just for autographs when Richard Epcar and Derek Stephen Prince will also be there doing autographs

Prince could be there for more recent work (Danganronpa, JJBA), but do you think with the release delay he could be called in to record for Even? It seems that the English voicework is behind the Japanese, something I especially noticed when I compared the E3 trailers; Rapunzel has a voice in JP, but not in English. It could just be scheduling issues with the Tangled voice actors, but it seems pretty suspicious given that Corona was one of the earliest worlds revealed to be in KH3. As it's been pointed out, Olympus is pretty conspicuously silent aside from SDG (and Hades, though that was in JP in last year's Orchestra trailer iirc).

Considering the delay isn't that great (only 1 month after 2018), do you think it's due to recording? Visually, the game looks really close to being finished. Even wouldn't be the only Organization member missing a voice as of right now (using E3 as the nearest point of reference); Marluxia is recorded in JP, but not in English (probably Keith Ferguson being busy with Overwatch or something), Dilan's still out, and Demyx has been missing from KH altogether since KH2. I'm hopeful for a full Organization return, bad or good, because they were such a huge, iconic part of KH that it would feel... incomplete to not have closure for all of the members.

inb4 SDCC drops the missing members on us

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

As it's been pointed out, Olympus is pretty conspicuously silent aside from SDG (and Hades, though that was in JP in last year's Orchestra trailer iirc).
Olympus isn't silent. You can hear James Woods and Tate Donovan in the recent trailers.

Considering the delay isn't that great (only 1 month after 2018), do you think it's due to recording? Visually, the game looks really close to being finished. Even wouldn't be the only Organization member missing a voice as of right now (using E3 as the nearest point of reference); Marluxia is recorded in JP, but not in English (probably Keith Ferguson being busy with Overwatch or something), Dilan's still out, and Demyx has been missing from KH altogether since KH2. I'm hopeful for a full Organization return, bad or good, because they were such a huge, iconic part of KH that it would feel... incomplete to not have closure for all of the members.

inb4 SDCC drops the missing members on us
Well, there was meant to be a gap in the Japanese and English release date. It's why the Japanese voices are more further along and why Union X is further along in Japan than it is in Global.

However the delay is due to every department coming to Nomura and going "it's going to be really tough to launch the game on the original chosen date, we propose a new date where it's a bit easier". Nothing to do with the voices.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

As pointed out by Zip in a post he made on another thread, so credit goes to him, Donna Murphy who voiced Mother Gothel in Tangled is following the KH Twitter page, implying that she is involved in some capacity in the game.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

So I learned last night that Keith David is also the voice actor for Chaos in the Dissidia games. If he doesn’t end up voicing Facilier, maybe he could still voice another character since he has this pre-existing relationship with Square Enix. (But I really do hope he’s voicing Facilier.)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

So I learned last night that Keith David is also the voice actor for Chaos in the Dissidia games. If he doesn’t end up voicing Facilier, maybe he could still voice another character since he has this pre-existing relationship with Square Enix. (But I really do hope he’s voicing Facilier.)
He also voiced Apollo. It'd be so rad if the Olympian gods were to appear.

Hardback247

I'm surprised that they still haven't announced who will voice Master Xehanort yet.​

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm surprised that they still haven't announced who will voice Master Xehanort yet.​

They probably won’t until he appears in a trailer.

Bret Iwan confirmed he is currently working on the game at SDCC, so at least we know Mickey Mouse will be appearing. :p

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Keith David was the announcer for this year's SE E3 conference. I remember getting super excited when he was saying "wield the power of the key" right before the Frozen reveal trailer. he's always been a prolific actor and VA, more recently for video games- Saints Row IV being his biggest role in the last few years. its always been a pipe dream for Gargoyles to be in KH so I'd die happy if he reprised his role as my man Goliath, even for a summon.

Back