• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PikaPal

Awards
Awww man, I'm actually really sad now. Gilbert was such a great choice for Iago, can't picture anyone but him as the character. He will be truly missed.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Very sad news. Gilbert's role as Iago was truly iconic and one of my favorite animated Disney voices. Thank you for voicing a fun character and rest in peace :(

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So why didn't Jim Cummings voice Scar in KH2? For those that didn't know, Cummings subbed for Scar's main voice in Lion King, Jeremy Irons, during the Be Prepared song. Whoever they did get for Scar was so lifeless in the role and then you had Pete right next to him showing what could've been.

vaderskywalker

Awards
sorry, I'm a bit confused, what are the rules for this thread, I've got something I would like to discuss about voice actors, but I don't know if it would fit here, or if I have to create another thread?

vaderskywalker

Awards
It's a thread about voice actors. Anything about voice actors can go here (I assume).
Thank you, do you think it would be a good idea to change Voice actors somewhere down the line, for example, HJO isn't getting any younger, don't get me wrong, I like him, but he is trying to force his voice to sound younger, and it's noticeable in KH3, just something to think about?

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
Thank you, do you think it would be a good idea to change Voice actors somewhere down the line, for example, HJO isn't getting any younger, don't get me wrong, I like him, but he is trying to force his voice to sound younger, and it's noticeable in KH3, just something to think about?
HJO's Sora voice is fine imo. If it gets to a point where he struggles to do the voice, then yeah.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I think his Sora voice is fine. It’s his Vanitas that felt a bit off to me, sounded a lot more gravelly than usual. Though I guess it was his attempt to keep the performances of these two characters sounding different, since they share sce together and you don’t want to have folks confused on who talking.

Though I do think a separate voice for a younger Sora would be a good idea if they try to do another DDD-esque scenario or such.

vaderskywalker

Awards
a separate voice for a younger Sora would be a good idea if they try to do another DDD-esque scenario or such.
Yeah, that would be a good idea, Namine got a different voice actress to voice her in RE: Chain Of Memories, but Sora stayed the same, and technically, Sora does have two voice actors, there's also the ones that did 4 year old Sora and 5 year old Riku, although, it would be kind of funny if HJO and DG did try to voice them at that age. :ROFLMAO:

WaltK

Awards
I need a definitive answer on something:

Is Jesse David Corti, voice of Neku, actually the son, or of any relation to Jesse Corti, voice actor known for such roles as LeFou in Beauty and the Beast?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ahhh, neat.

On a related note: I checked out the link to his official website. It's weird that it makes absolutely no mention of his voice acting.
A lot of people don’t, sometimes to not get trapped into only getting VO work as that can happen for some actors. Also there might be reasons to not include it like union vs non-union work…

It’s also possible he just considers it a hobby. Who knows!

They found him and he was with his son at SeaWorld.

Back