• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

the one who disturbed the balance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex123

i dont feel comfortable revealing that information
In the JF trailer MX tells Terra to "travel the worlds, and destroy the one who disturbed the balance, Vanitas!" What do you think he means by that? i think that this means that vanitas is responsible for the creation of the unversed, but that's just my thought.

Takarifan101

there has been quite a bit of debate over vanitas and MX lately. According to a recent interview Noruma said that part of the game was deciding which one of them was the enemy....\

I think Vanatis has a much larger role in the series than we think, but we won't for sure until the weekend! LOL

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Three scenarios I can think of with that scene:

A: MX is actually good and wants Terra to destroy Vanitas because Vanitas is evil.
B: MX pretends to be a good guy, asking Terra to eliminate Vanitas for a seemingly good reason but in truth he actually wants Terra to kill Vanitas because Vanitas is a threat to MX.
C: Or MX wants Terra to eliminate Vanitas so Terra can become his apprentice.

I am kinda leaning toward B, though.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Perhaps MX created the Unversed and Vanitas went down a path he didn't expect thus, lost interest in him as a pupil.
Or, MX is screwing Vanitas over by telling VAT that he must be destroyed so that he can continue with whatever goals he has.

Takarifan101

MX fearing Vanitas seems a little weird, I mean he was able to defeat TAV without even really doing anything.
If he wanted TAV to defeat vanitas, then why freeze Ven and then drop him to his doom?
It seems to farfetched

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
MX fearing Vanitas seems a little weird, I mean he was able to defeat TAV without even really doing anything.
If he wanted TAV to defeat vanitas, then why freeze Ven and then drop him to his doom?
It seems to farfetched

MX never said he wanted all of TAV to defeat Vanitas. He only asked Terra to defeat him.

Perhaps Vanitas fell into darkness and this granted power to destroy MX. MX fearing for his life decided to trick Terra into searching for Vanitas to destroy him with his own power of darkness.

Basicaly MX hoped that the power of darkness in Terra's heart would be enough to defeat Vanitas' dark powers. With Vanitas out of the way MX could carry out his plans with no one left to stop him. But maybe Terra's darkness soon grows out of control too, forcing MX to battle him in the final battle.

Takarifan101

touche memory master

I don't know, according to what MX said to Terra he should kno who Vanitas is. Maybe he's a replica of Terra. A younger replica version which would explain why Vanitas is so intrested in Ven. IDK
I can't think of anything to counter what you said.

Flickr

I think MX and Vanitas were all cool and stuff, then after the unversed came, Vanitas double crossed MX and now MX is probably not using Terra to get rid of Vanitas...I suppose he actually does care that Vanitas destroyed the balance but that debatable.

Xaltan

heres what i think Vanitas is a replica of
A) Terra (because of the darkness and MX wants him to kill Vanitas, but the age thing kinda makes this one a no go)

B) Ven (because riku's replica always wanted to kill him so there was only one and with how tall he his, but the way he holds hi key blade)

C) MX (this i picked because he would get older he could grow into a Xemnas and maybe MX made him so in away he could live on even after he died, but the hair kinda makes me think no)

Or hes his own person and hes related to terra or he knew terra from when terra was younger and he hates ven because ven is terra new best friend and what not

tirich91

i think that MX is making them hate vanitas as some sort of distraction. He wants them all to grow a strong hatred for the guy so that darkness can take over their hearts. He wants to maintain that "keyblade master" image so he tries his hardest not to show that he is involved with vanitas. Vanitas is probably something he created, or at least some sort of puppet or a really loyal disciple that believes in MX's cause.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
It's a tough topic. The biggest known contradiction with MX is that he seems to be both for and against darkness. He tells Terra to embrace and control his darkness, and yet he claims that Vanitas is a mistake because he's fallen into darkness.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
i think that MX is making them hate vanitas as some sort of distraction. He is MX wants them all to grow a strong hatred for the guy so that darkness can take over their hearts. He wants to maintain that "keyblade master" image so he tries his hardest not to show that he is involved with vanitas. Vanitas is probably something he created, or at least some sort of puppet or a really loyal disciple that believes in MX's cause.

^ This. I think MX just said that as a distraction and pretends not to be involved with Vanitas. TAV and probably ME don't know that Vanitas is MX's appraintice at first then become awar of it later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back