• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Persona Thread (Spin-offs galore!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

Staff member
Awards
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was announced for Steam and Switch I think.
I feel like... that's an odd choice. It's a sequel to Persona 4 and Persona 3, one of which isn't available to play on modern consoles. They're going to potential spoil new people even if PersonaAU doesn't come out and say exactly what happened in that game. Kinda a bummer.
Persona 5 Strikers and Persona 4 Ultimax on Switch... I don't want to sound ungrateful, and I don't think the rest of the fanbase means to either, but this really is a bummer as you said. I'm glad these games are available on Switch, I really am, but it's so weird that we're getting sequels to mainline titles on the Switch but NOT the mainline titles, titles which have a heavy demand on Switch. Even if P5 proves a technical struggle (I don't see why it would, but I'll bite), P4G wouldn't be a problem for the Switch to handle at all. I feel like if they really want to see the sales and have proof of the interest, then Atlus needs to take a chance on us and port a mainline game to Switch.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
XBox 1/Series only has the vanilla Arena, not Ultimax, as a BC title & it's not getting this port. That's kinda BS.

Persona 5 Strikers and Persona 4 Ultimax on Switch... I don't want to sound ungrateful, and I don't think the rest of the fanbase means to either, but this really is a bummer as you said. I'm glad these games are available on Switch, I really am, but it's so weird that we're getting sequels to mainline titles on the Switch but NOT the mainline titles, titles which have a heavy demand on Switch. Even if P5 proves a technical struggle (I don't see why it would, but I'll bite), P4G wouldn't be a problem for the Switch to handle at all. I feel like if they really want to see the sales and have proof of the interest, then Atlus needs to take a chance on us and port a mainline game to Switch.
The fact they didn't even port P4G to PS4, just Steam, is mind boggling.

Awards
Has anyone gotten P4AU? I just got it last night. It's fun, but it's honestly the most confusing fighting game I've ever played. There are SO many mechanics to it. I just keep pressing buttons until I win. I'm used to fighting games like Mortal Kombat where controls are much more simple....