• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Persona Thread (Spin-offs galore!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was announced for Steam and Switch I think.
I feel like... that's an odd choice. It's a sequel to Persona 4 and Persona 3, one of which isn't available to play on modern consoles. They're going to potential spoil new people even if PersonaAU doesn't come out and say exactly what happened in that game. Kinda a bummer.
Persona 5 Strikers and Persona 4 Ultimax on Switch... I don't want to sound ungrateful, and I don't think the rest of the fanbase means to either, but this really is a bummer as you said. I'm glad these games are available on Switch, I really am, but it's so weird that we're getting sequels to mainline titles on the Switch but NOT the mainline titles, titles which have a heavy demand on Switch. Even if P5 proves a technical struggle (I don't see why it would, but I'll bite), P4G wouldn't be a problem for the Switch to handle at all. I feel like if they really want to see the sales and have proof of the interest, then Atlus needs to take a chance on us and port a mainline game to Switch.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
XBox 1/Series only has the vanilla Arena, not Ultimax, as a BC title & it's not getting this port. That's kinda BS.

Persona 5 Strikers and Persona 4 Ultimax on Switch... I don't want to sound ungrateful, and I don't think the rest of the fanbase means to either, but this really is a bummer as you said. I'm glad these games are available on Switch, I really am, but it's so weird that we're getting sequels to mainline titles on the Switch but NOT the mainline titles, titles which have a heavy demand on Switch. Even if P5 proves a technical struggle (I don't see why it would, but I'll bite), P4G wouldn't be a problem for the Switch to handle at all. I feel like if they really want to see the sales and have proof of the interest, then Atlus needs to take a chance on us and port a mainline game to Switch.
The fact they didn't even port P4G to PS4, just Steam, is mind boggling.

Awards
Has anyone gotten P4AU? I just got it last night. It's fun, but it's honestly the most confusing fighting game I've ever played. There are SO many mechanics to it. I just keep pressing buttons until I win. I'm used to fighting games like Mortal Kombat where controls are much more simple....

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Just wanted to state i've been losing my goddamn mind over the Persona 3 remake and I don't think I'll ever recover.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Just wanted to state i've been losing my goddamn mind over the Persona 3 remake and I don't think I'll ever recover.
It apparently won't have any FES or Portable related content including female protag.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
If I was feeling cynical, I'd say wait a couple of years until Persona 3 Imperial comes out and has all the missing content. I for one waited until both Golden and Royal before buying 4 and 5, and definitely got my money's worth.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
It apparently won't have any FES or Portable related content including female protag.
A correction was made on that. It specifically won't have The Answer and Kotone. Many features from FES and Portable will be in the game, some of which you can gleam from the footage they've shown so far. Not to mention the additional stuff they'll be adding based on the interview and some more footage we've seen.

Right now, I don't have a problem with that. I have no doubt The Answer and Kotone will return someday in the future with their own updates and features, but I don't need them to enjoy the game.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I could see Kotone and The Answer as being DLC to P3 Reload.

Also, we have our cast for the SEES group, seems Atlus are going the recast route for the English dub.

But it’s still the same dubbing company as previous Persona games, that being PCB Productions, so it’s possible we may hear old voices in new roles.
In this trailer, for example, we can hear the original P3 protagonist voice Yuri Lowenthal voicing the beginning monologue. Older fans will probably be familiar with the context.

And on a VA note, it’s nice to see some of the old crew give their blessing to the new cast

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
A lot of people are super upset about the recast, though strangely I am not. I was surprised and honestly kinda pleased with some of the new voices.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I am BEYOND pumped for P3R. Persona 3 has always had a special place in my heart, and a remake of 3 in with the visual flare of 5 and an updated battle system just feels like a dream.

As far as missing The Answer and Kotone, it's a shame, but personally The Journey is the part I care the most about anyway and I prefer the male protagonist. I do wish Kotone was there for those who prefer her though, and The Answer desperately needs some kind of rework since actually playing it on PS2 was kind of butt, but overall we're getting the main content I'd be most excited for, and I can't wait.

I've bought Persona 3 in some way, shape, or form, digital and physical, across various systems, 6 times now. Gonna buy it again for the remake lol.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I've never actually played P3, so really looking forward to this. I'm also really excited about Tactica, since I adore tactics games.

D

Deleted member 282472

I remember playing the original P3 back in high school. I never beat it back them so maybe I'll finish the remake.

It looks cool but I'm dissatisfied with Atlus's approach to the Persona spinoffs and rereleases. So I'm gonna hold off for a bit.

I still gotta finish p5 and strikers first.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Same, I never actually beat P3 back in the day. I found Tartarus to too repetitive and got bored. Funny because I beat P4G, and god, those dungeons get old pretty sad too. I can still hear the Rise dungeon music.

Back