• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Princess and the Frog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
HSDPTSy.jpg

Tasxnct.jpg

After playing Final Fantasy XV extensively, I found that a lot of elements were being replicated in Kingdom Hearts III in a more Nomura fashion. So this got me thinking, the majority of worlds confirmed so far seem to be vast landscapes that are either urban in geography (Toy Story, Monsters Inc. and Big Hero 6) or guaranteed to have an area designated to NPC's (Twilight Town, Tangled and inevitably Frozen).

So I came to the conclusion that The Princess and the Frog is going to be a world. So what exactly does this property have going for it against other Disney movies as contenders for this game?

• For starters, it's a traditional Princess fairy tale world. The only property of that nature confirmed so far is Tangled and we all highly doubt that's the only one of its kind.
  • It's a hand-drawn animated property, this gives variety to the world selection and takes advantage of the Kingdom Shader technology that Nomura and Yasue love to boast about.
  • The themes of light and dark magic in the movie translate to Kingdom Hearts like a glove.
  • It fits the criteria for a Kingdom Hearts III world in terms of geographical variety. As shown in the background images of the movie, you have a bustling urban town and a swampland. It's also different enough from Tangled from a tonal standpoint to be distinguishable.

The biggest elephant in the room regarding this world's inclusion is whether Sora and company will turn into frogs? to which I say, no. Because there's enough material for the world to be set after the events of the movie. Here's my rough take on how the world can be implemented into Kingdom Hearts III.

This world would be ideal as the "middle world" before Tangled. Set after the events of the movie, Sora, Donald and Goofy travel to this world to find someone by the name of Mama Odie to help Sora get Roxas back. Ansem, Seeker of Darkness is the Organization XIII member that's causing trouble in this world. He is intrigued by how this world uses dark magic (that being Dr. Facilier's voodoo) to maintain balance, he also gives chase to Mama Odie as she has knowledge that would be of benefit to him.

Dr. Facilier returns is revived through Maleficent returning him from The Other Side. Her request from him is to unveil where The Black Box is and to keep Sora, Donald and Goofy at bay. He agrees as it's also the opportunity to extract revenge on Tiana and Naveen (thus hitting two birds with one stone). Sora, Donald and Goofy get Tiana and Naveen to help try and track Mama Odie as party members and the rest is Kingdom Hearts/Disney world shenanigans from here on out.

So, what's everybody's thoughts on this theory/idea?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m with you. It’d be an excellent world that would really stand apart from the rest. I would say it could take place during the movie too. SDG wouldn’t turn into frogs still. Rather, they’d be protecting Tiana and Naveen from the “shadows” or, in this version, Heartless that Facilier sends after them. I’m sure they could explain that they can communicate with them, Louis, and Ray just like Mama Odie can.

I’m thinking they might follow the films for the Princess films like Tangled and Frozen, but I’d be fine with an original plot too. Either way, I think PATF is an important world to include. It is part of the current Disney princess triumvirate with Frozen and Tangled. For example, they’re the three films featured in Magic Kingdom’s castle show, Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire. That’s also where Tiana’s home is referred to as the Bewitching Bayou. That’s a very Kingdom Hearts-style name and I low key hope they used it because it was already the name for the world in KH3.

However it appears, there are a few things I’d want to see:

• Lilypad and Frog themed Keyblade
• Luxord as the Organization member due to his fascination with gambling fate and using tarot cards.
• A fight with Facilier where he can inflict a Frog status effect, calling back to the FF status effect.
• If they follow the film plot, they don’t need to gloss over Ray’s death. I’d like to see how Sora handles that experience, especially considering he might face more loss at the end of the game.
• The Bayou at night to be lit mostly by moonlight with fireflies and glowing flowers being the only other sources of light. I think it would make for some beautiful visuals.

Qiesamuel

I'm sorry to say that I don't like your idea.

I felt like reading KH 2's Halloween Town with Maleficent reviving the villain. Also it would be repetitive in term of plots since Maleficent also searching for black box in Olympus. I want KH 3 writer to be more creative on creating the subplot for each worlds.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm sorry to say that I don't like your idea.

I felt like reading KH 2's Halloween Town with Maleficent reviving the villain. Also it would be repetitive in term of plots since Maleficent also searching for black box in Olympus. I want KH 3 writer to be more creative on creating the subplot for each worlds.

Why should her search for the Box be limited to just one world? She is likely going to be searching numerous worlds and trying to find clues of its location.

ghostwarmen

Awards
Alpha Baymax & Zip, you’re both geniuses!

There is so much potential for this movie to be a world, and what you both described would be an incredible way to incorporate it into the game. I’m holding on hope it made the final cut!!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean as others have echoed, I have wanted Princess and the Frog in KH since it came out lol. And since I am on the boat of wanting more 2D films minus Frozen at this point, even more yes please! Your plot ideas are rather good, as are Zip's addendums. I'd love it all.

If none of the characters are frogs, I do wonder how they would fight. I would hope Tiana and Naveen would be party members. But actually their human forms strike me less as combat ready than the frog ones tbh lol.

UltimaXOmega

If Wreck-It Ralph is too similar Toyota Story, Princess and The Frog is too similar to Tangled.

Perkilator

Awards
If Wreck-It Ralph is too similar Toyota Story, Princess and The Frog is too similar to Tangled.
Toyota Story? Oh, I never realized Woody and the gang were all Toyota’s! But I don’t remember if this is the prequel to Cars or a Cars spin-off…

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Luxord as the Organization member due to his fascination with gambling fate and using tarot cards.

Oh, I was just thinking that, too. Plus it'd kind of be a parallel to his role in Port Royal, with both worlds relating to curses (frogs and undead).

If none of the characters are frogs, I do wonder how they would fight. I would hope Tiana and Naveen would be party members. But actually their human forms strike me less as combat ready than the frog ones tbh lol.

I think there's some parts of the movie where Tiana (and Naveen) aren't frogs yet/anymore that they could use but I doubt they'd be full party members thoughout the entirety of the world but I can see Sora having to protect Tiana and Naveen from the different swamp animals or Heartless (like protecting Minnie or Cinderella). If Sora also turned into a frog, I could see exploration and platforming being more of a focus than fighting in that case.

No? Just because they're both Princesses, doesn't mean their story is anything alike. Tangled deals with exploration, chasing dreams, and dealing with an abusive caregiver. PATF is about magical curses and falling in love. Their settings are also wildly different too -- a swamp versus grassy hills, New Orleans versus a quaint fictional kingdom, a restaurant versus a tower.

If we're going to compare these movies, then Tangled is pretty close in terms of story to Hunchback of Notre Dame. PATF is kind of a mash-up of Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella. And actually, in terms of character arcs and themes, Wreck-It Ralph has more similarities to Lilo and Stitch than Toy Story. But we've already gotten those worlds, so this shouldn't be an issue at all.

Now, if they had no problem putting the Snow White and Sleeping Beauty worlds in one game -- despite their stories being VERY similar -- then I think they can get away with this.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
*pulls out pen* where do i sign to make this official?

You don’t sign, you just internally echo “May my heart be my guiding key” ad nauseum and hope for the best.

This. Been waiting for Princess and the Frog to be in KH since the movie came out in 2009.

Same, there’s just too much going for The Princess and the Frog not to be added for this game.

I’m with you. It’d be an excellent world that would really stand apart from the rest. I would say it could take place during the movie too. SDG wouldn’t turn into frogs still. Rather, they’d be protecting Tiana and Naveen from the “shadows” or, in this version, Heartless that Facilier sends after them. I’m sure they could explain that they can communicate with them, Louis, and Ray just like Mama Odie can.

I’m thinking they might follow the films for the Princess films like Tangled and Frozen, but I’d be fine with an original plot too. Either way, I think PATF is an important world to include. It is part of the current Disney princess triumvirate with Frozen and Tangled. For example, they’re the three films featured in Magic Kingdom’s castle show, Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire. That’s also where Tiana’s home is referred to as the Bewitching Bayou. That’s a very Kingdom Hearts-style name and I low key hope they used it because it was already the name for the world in KH3.

These are a lot of elements that I never even considered at all, but it just makes me all the more desperate for The Princess and the Frog to be in this game. Having this trifecta of Disney Princess worlds would be a spiritual-successor throwback to Birth by Sleep which featured the three Walt Disney princess worlds. There is every opportunity for them to follow the plot of the feature film (without Sora, Donald and Goofy turning into Frogs), but the only reason why I’m mentioning it being set after the events of the movie is that Tiana has her restaurant, and that could make for a good NPC hub.

I like the idea of calling the world Bewitching Bayou. Reinforces the whole Frog aspect.

However it appears, there are a few things I’d want to see:

• Lilypad and Frog themed Keyblade
• Luxord as the Organization member due to his fascination with gambling fate and using tarot cards.
• A fight with Facilier where he can inflict a Frog status effect, calling back to the FF status effect.
• If they follow the film plot, they don’t need to gloss over Ray’s death. I’d like to see how Sora handles that experience, especially considering he might face more loss at the end of the game.
• The Bayou at night to be lit mostly by moonlight with fireflies and glowing flowers being the only other sources of light. I think it would make for some beautiful visuals.

I’m loving all of this stuff, they all seem to be ideas that can be implemented in Kingdom Hearts. The reason why I selected Ansem, Seeker of Darkness is because he’s a leader figure of the Heartless and seeing as the Heartless are creatures of the Darkness, that element of dark creatures correlates with Dr. Facilier’s “Friends on the other side”. But Luxord can also work just as well because of the reasons you mentioned.
Ray’s death is a valuable scene for Sora’s growth (if the hypothetical world was to be set at the events of the movie). It makes him realise that there’s stake in these worlds.

With the Keyblade, I can see it having a Guard Form transformation that focuses on healing and blocking. The only guard form Keyblade so far is the Olympus Keyblade, and I have a good feeling that we’re going to get a couple more Guard Form Keyblades.

Alpha Baymax & Zip, you’re both geniuses!

There is so much potential for this movie to be a world, and what you both described would be an incredible way to incorporate it into the game. I’m holding on hope it made the final cut!!

I mean as others have echoed, I have wanted Princess and the Frog in KH since it came out lol. And since I am on the boat of wanting more 2D films minus Frozen at this point, even more yes please! Your plot ideas are rather good, as are Zip's addendums. I'd love it all.

I’m so happy to hear that you both liked our ideas. If anything, that’s just the testament to how compatible The Princess and the Frog is as a potential world for Kingdom Hearts III. It’d be such a missed opportunity for this world not to be implemented for the game.

I think there's some parts of the movie where Tiana (and Naveen) aren't frogs yet/anymore that they could use but I doubt they'd be full party members thoughout the entirety of the world but I can see Sora having to protect Tiana and Naveen from the different swamp animals or Heartless (like protecting Minnie or Cinderella). If Sora also turned into a frog, I could see exploration and platforming being more of a focus than fighting in that case.

You know, your responses gave me another idea. Instead of having Tiana and Naveen as party members, why not have Barrett from Final Fantasy VII and Sazh from Final Fantasy XIII as party members instead? They can be native residents of the world who have their own reasons to visit Mama Odie so they tag along with Sora, Donald and Goofy.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Barrett and Sazh as party members. That's actually a really good idea. What if their involvement can be related to their kids, Marlene and Dajh? They could have been kidnapped be either Maleficent, Dr. Falicier, or a organization member.

The only downside isyou would have to replace their weapons since both of them use Firearms.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
.... I know both those characters are black, but that doesn't mean they'd gel with this movie, lol. Barrett would fit better in the Calhoun/Cy-Bug game from Wreck-It Ralph, for example.

Anyway, I'd love for TP&TF to be in KH3, but I have a feeling it won't be with Tangled there and most likely Frozen, too. Although it would be a nice echo to Birth by Sleep with TP&TF-Tangled-Frozen corresponding to Snow White-Sleeping Beauty-Cinderella, if they were to involve TAV into the plots somehow. Maybe Sora discovers Ventus's heart is inside him in TP&TF; Rapunzel being lied to and used for life-extension purposes is similar to Terra-Xehanort; Elsa isolating herself on the mountain because she thinks Anna will be safe far away from her could be compared to Aqua's sacrifice for Terra at the end of BbS (confining herself to solitude in the WoD).

Pokie

One is about a young woman breaking free from an abusive relationship with her "mum", and one is about a young woman who wants to become a successful restaurant owner.

Yeah, completely the same movie. /S

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Barrett and Sazh as party members. That's actually a really good idea. What if their involvement can be related to their kids, Marlene and Dajh? They could have been kidnapped be either Maleficent, Dr. Falicier, or an organization member?

The only downside is you would have to replace their weapons since both of them use Firearms.

That's a genius idea to incorporate both of the characters into the narrative.

0ef7253f234c1f87a73185499fb6da7e.jpg

We already have Naveen’s little brother as a character so I can see him being friends with the kids, which is a smart way to Tiana and Naveen involved in the mix. With Barrett and Sazh, Square Enix can think of creative ways to make them fighters without using firearms. Maybe do a Cloud and amalgam other Final Fantasy characters into them two (like Cloud in Kingdom Hearts with his Vincent Valentine attire).

.... I know both those characters are black, but that doesn't mean they'd gel with this movie, lol. Barrett would fit better in the Calhoun/Cy-Bug game from Wreck-It Ralph, for example.

Anyway, I'd love for TP&TF to be in KH3, but I have a feeling it won't be with Tangled there and most likely Frozen, too. Although it would be a nice echo to Birth by Sleep with TP&TF-Tangled-Frozen corresponding to Snow White-Sleeping Beauty-Cinderella, if they were to involve TAV into the plots somehow. Maybe Sora discovers Ventus's heart is inside him in TP&TF; Rapunzel being lied to and used for life-extension purposes is similar to Terra-Xehanort; Elsa isolating herself on the mountain because she thinks Anna will be safe far away from her could be compared to Aqua's sacrifice for Terra at the end of BbS (confining herself to solitude in the WoD).

Creative liberties were taken with Zack to make him a native of Olympus so I can see them taking the same route with Barrett. Although, you do bring up a legitimate alternative to smartly incorporate Barrett. If only a Wreck-It Ralph world did end up in Kingdom Hearts III then that could have been a cool possibility. And I love the idea of re-incorporating Ventus, Aqua and Terra in the Disney Princess worlds to further echo Birth by Sleep. You bring up some engaging parallels that would be a such a missed opportunity if not touched upon.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think this would could be fine without party members. My personal hope for any FF party members is Lightning in Olympus and Balthier and Fran in a potential Treasure Planet world. Though Fran might would work well as a resident of the Bayou if Treasure Planet isn’t in the game. A more unlikely choice could be Lulu from FFX since she’s kind of like a voodoo priestess with her aesthetic and use of dolls and black magic. It’d be cool to see a 1920’s version of her.

Perkilator

Awards
Well, now that we now PATF is deconfirmed (assuming worlds aren’t DLC), shall we discuss what could’ve been?

I was thinking that Louis the alligator could be the party member for this world; his only attack would be a tail whip because he mostly jazzes out with a trumpet to boost stats.

And like Zip said, an original plot involving Luxord is a great idea PLUS Dream Eaters could make a voodoo parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back