• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The ratio of returning/new worlds for KHIV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ratio of old/new Disney worlds for KHIV

• few new worlds, I prefer more of my old favorites to return. 4 new 6 old

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • more new worlds! less of the old. 7 new 3 old

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I think an equal amount would strike a good balance. 5 new 5 old

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don't really care much about the old worlds, want mostly new. 8 new 2 old

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • most of the new disney movie don't have much to offer. stick with old school. 8 old 2 new

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • give me a good handful of the classic kh disney worlds and fill out the rest with new. 4 old 6 new

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I’m hearing a lot of talk about the next “side game,” and people assuming it’ll be smaller in scale, but I’m not so sure this is the case. I think handheld gaming is on its way out the door. It’s been nine years since Nintendo released a mainline handheld device with the 3DS. Even though there have been various updates released since then, they are all simply adjustments to the system. With the release of the Switch blurring the lines between handheld and platform gaming, I think Nintendo is ushering handhelds out. If Nomura reached out to Nintendo right now about making a new game, I think they would push for a Switch game, and at that point I don’t see why he wouldn’t just make it a cross-platform game.

Can't speak for everyone else but when I think about a KH game that is smaller game in scale in this day and age, I'm thinking about something along the lines of Uncharted: Lost Legacy or the 2016 Ratchet & Clank rather than anything on a handheld device.

Rii

Awards
Can't speak for everyone else but when I think about a KH game that is smaller game in scale in this day and age, I'm thinking about something along the lines of Uncharted: Lost Legacy or the 2016 Ratchet & Clank rather than anything on a handheld device.

I thought about the upcoming Miles Morales game right after I posted that. I’d be interested to see what a scaled down, but still on console, Kingdom Hearts game would look like. I wonder if they’d spring for fewer worlds - maybe 4 or 5 or if they’d go for more, smaller worlds - maybe 8 or 9 the size of DDD’s.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I thought about the upcoming Miles Morales game right after I posted that. I’d be interested to see what a scaled down, but still on console, Kingdom Hearts game would look like. I wonder if they’d spring for fewer worlds - maybe 4 or 5 or if they’d go for more, smaller worlds - maybe 8 or 9 the size of DDD’s.
Actually @Rii Dream Drop Distance was ONLY just 7 playable worlds, while the rest of the KH games (except Coded, 358/2 Days, and Chain of Memories) usually have 13 playable worlds normally 5-8 or 9-10 Disney worlds with 2-4 original worlds.

Coded and Re: Coded had 5 playable worlds (3 Disney & 2 Original), 358/2 Days had 8 playable worlds (6 Disney & 2 originals) while Chain of Memories had 11 Playable worlds (8 Disney and 3 Original).

Rii

Awards
Actually @Rii Dream Drop Distance was ONLY just 7 playable worlds, while the rest of the KH games (except Coded, 358/2 Days, and Chain of Memories) usually have 13 playable worlds normally 5-8 or 9-10 Disney worlds with 2-4 original worlds.

Coded and Re: Coded had 5 playable worlds (3 Disney & 2 Original), 358/2 Days had 8 playable worlds (6 Disney & 2 originals) while Chain of Memories had 11 Playable worlds (8 Disney and 3 Original).

You misunderstood me. I wasn’t saying that DDD had 8 or 9 worlds. I was saying that if the next game is a shorter game, comparable to Uncharted: Lost Legacy or Spider-Man: Miles Morales, they’re going to have to choose if they want to put a bunch of small worlds, around the size of DDD’s worlds, or if they only want to put a handful of worlds the size of KH3’s worlds.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
You misunderstood me. I wasn’t saying that DDD had 8 or 9 worlds. I was saying that if the next game is a shorter game, comparable to Uncharted: Lost Legacy or Spider-Man: Miles Morales, they’re going to have to choose if they want to put a bunch of small worlds, around the size of DDD’s worlds, or if they only want to put a handful of worlds the size of KH3’s worlds.
Even so, I don't think that the next KH game(s) are going to have the number of worlds be the exact size as DDD and KHIII, I can imagine that the number of worlds for the next game could be on par with BBS or Chain of Memories If I'm being totally honest in my opinion.

Back