• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The ratio of returning/new worlds for KHIV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ratio of old/new Disney worlds for KHIV

• few new worlds, I prefer more of my old favorites to return. 4 new 6 old

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • more new worlds! less of the old. 7 new 3 old

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I think an equal amount would strike a good balance. 5 new 5 old

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don't really care much about the old worlds, want mostly new. 8 new 2 old

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • most of the new disney movie don't have much to offer. stick with old school. 8 old 2 new

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • give me a good handful of the classic kh disney worlds and fill out the rest with new. 4 old 6 new

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It would definitely be interesting to see some original landscapes in the TNBC aesthetic.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I always had a belief that certain worlds were "main game" tiered, as in they would only be used in main games, while other worlds were relegated to being used whenever. Worlds like Pride Lands, Atlantica, Land of Dragons, and The Caribbean/Port Royale would be for consoles/main games because of the sheer size of the worlds and possible transformations. Worlds like Wonderland, Agrabah, Halloween Town, NeverLand are easy to be on consoles and the side games.

I wouldn't have a problem with Oogie coming back because that'd mean a boss fight with him. The last time that Oogie was featured as a boss fight was like 4 games and over a decade ago. Would it really feel "repetitive" to fight Oogie or any of the past villains again in a modern setting?

And if Nomura was able to stretch Monstropolis' office building and Arendelle's mountain into a full world - I'm sure he can do a lot with Halloween Town/Christmas Town. I mean Arendelle you can visit only TWO memorable locations from Frozen (and see another from a distance). If that's all he needs to make a world, then Halloween Town is easily doable.
To each their own @Face My Fears but again, that just comes down to whether Nomura and his team are that interested in reusing the world again and whether or not the themes for that world or the film the world is based on would fit the themes for the next Kingdom Hearts games.

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I don't get why people are so against worlds like Agrabah and Halloween Town returning. After seeing Olympus in KH3, I think it's safe to say that ANY world that returns will feel like a brand new world to explore anyway.

The main reason I want the classic worlds to come back (Agrabah/Halloween Town/NeverLand/Atlantica) is simply because I feel like Sora had the best interactions with those Disney characters compared to his interactions in KH3 (besides Rapunzel/Flynn). Also, all of those worlds HAVE a Disney boss fight guaranteed, as we were allowed to fight all of those villains beforehand. They also have the advantage of having their film stories being over with, so you can easily have original plots take place and not feel weird.

@Face My Fears You know I am certainly not against Agrabah returning. Neither am I opposed to seeing Halloween Town coming back too. Admittedly I am a bit biased as I am more familiar with the classic Disney films so I will always welcome more future adventures of Sora, Donald, and Goofy hanging with Aladdin, Ariel, Peter Pan, and Jack Skellington. Especially with the new enhanced graphics and the worlds being much larger now. From my perspective, with the exception of Rapunzel none of the other non KH1/KH2 Disney characters had much interesting moments with SDG. Yes, start introducing original plots to the old Disney worlds. The worlds don't have to be limited to just film alterations and film retellings all the time.

I wouldn't have a problem with Oogie coming back because that'd mean a boss fight with him. The last time that Oogie was featured as a boss fight was like 4 games and over a decade ago. Would it really feel "repetitive" to fight Oogie or any of the past villains again in a modern setting?

And if Nomura was able to stretch Monstropolis' office building and Arendelle's mountain into a full world - I'm sure he can do a lot with Halloween Town/Christmas Town. I mean Arendelle you can visit only TWO memorable locations from Frozen (and see another from a distance). If that's all he needs to make a world, then Halloween Town is easily doable.

EXACTLY!! Thank you!! On the contrary, I don't think it would be repetitive at all. I believe there is still some fresh ideas they can use with Oogie Boogie coming back as far as story elements, boss battles, etc. Same with Jafar, Captain Hook, and Ursula. The fights with them will feel new thanks to the enhancement of the gameplay mechanics and the graphics. I don't know where this stigma stems from, but quite a few fans think that these worlds no longer have much to offer anymore when in fact now they have more than they did years ago.

Another is that people for some reason think that because we go back to an old world we will be exploring the exact same rooms and areas in the previous game when that has never been the case. In KH2 Agrabah we venture back to the Cave of Wonders, but we never went through all the same places we did in KH1. Then you have an even greater example with Olympus in KH3, this time we don't even see the Coliseum. Return worlds can always remain interesting as the environments are never 100% like they were the previous time before. For future games, in Agrabah we can finally venture inside the palace, have an Agrabah that's actually crowded with people, see more of the desert/oasis areas, and have the Vanishing Isle can replace the Cave of Wonders. Already it feels fresh and new despite being a place we have traveled to before. Same with Halloween Town, you can do a lot besides extending the town, the graveyard, and the woods. Can extend Christmas Town too. They can even do areas based off of the other holidays. I mean they already created original settings for certain Disney worlds in KH3, why stop there? Possibilities are endless.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
They can even do areas based off of the other holidays. I mean they already created original settings for certain Disney worlds in KH3, why stop there? Possibilities are endless.
@Gandalf-the-Wise They never revealed ANY of the other Holiday worlds besides Halloween and Christmas Town in the original movie not even Oogie's Revenge revealed what they looked like.

I just don't that Halloween Town is returning back in the next KH Games if I'm being honest and largely that is up to Nomura and his staff if they want to continue using it again

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If they were to bring back Agrabah and Halloween Town and give them new locations I wonder how they'd be received? Toybox had Galaxy Toys but not everyone was onboard with that because it wasn't a iconic Toy Story location. Now I personally would be for it because I'd be tired of going to the same locations in Agrabah and Halloween Town, and I loved the unique feel of Galaxy Toys.

But I doubt we're going to see too many old Disney worlds at once in a single game at least. I think going forward for the number titles KH is going to hammer hard the new marketable Disney stuff to sell higher.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
@Gandalf-the-Wise They never revealed ANY of the other Holiday worlds besides Halloween and Christmas Town in the original movie not even Oogie's Revenge revealed what they looked like.

I know they didn't and that's the point. There was no Galaxy Toys in any of the four Toy Story movies either yet it's apart of Toy Box in KHIII. Not saying this is a for sure thing to happen. For all I know Nomura is done with that world completely or maybe he is saving it for another game that is not KHIV. I am just saying, don't rule out the possibility of it returning or any other Disney world for that matter.

But I doubt we're going to see too many old Disney worlds at once in a single game at least. I think going forward for the number titles KH is going to hammer hard the new marketable Disney stuff to sell higher.

One thing that is unfortunately etched in stone...Frozen will eventually come back.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
One thing that is unfortunately etched in stone...Frozen will eventually come back.
I don't mind Frozen coming back if they loosen the lease on it. Frozen had the potential to be something truly unique and unseen in any KH world before with Elsa and Anna. But instead it was just a badly retold version of the movie. It's telling that Marshmallow of all people was the most popular character in Arendelle. Frozen's potential was wasted and now it has a bad mark in the KH fanbase. If anything a return to it would be warranted for a chance at redemption. Worked for Pirates from KH2 to KH3...for half the fans anyway.

Foxycian

Awards
old worlds I want back
Halloween Town
Traverse Town (this town is just pure nostalgia I miss it)
deep space (when stitch landed on earth)
Radiant Garden
Neverland (kh1 neverland where we can go to London)

New worlds that i want
Finding Nemo (if that’s possible)
moana
Wall-E
The incredibles
Sword in stone (Merlin original world)

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I don't mind Frozen coming back if they loosen the lease on it. Frozen had the potential to be something truly unique and unseen in any KH world before with Elsa and Anna. But instead it was just a badly retold version of the movie. It's telling that Marshmallow of all people was the most popular character in Arendelle. Frozen's potential was wasted and now it has a bad mark in the KH fanbase. If anything a return to it would be warranted for a chance at redemption. Worked for Pirates from KH2 to KH3...for half the fans anyway.

Same here. In fact I did mention it in a post some time ago. Compared to most Disney properties I never particularly cared for Frozen, however I know it means a great deal to others so I wouldn't be selfish to say I don't like it so don't bring it back, just cater to my needs only type of thing. By all means bring it back, but only IF we don't have to endure another abridged retelling with SDG being placed in the background. Sure there have been other worlds like Pirates and Tangled that did the retelling of the movie plots, but SDG did at least get involved for most of it and got to INTERACT with the film characters for more than one scene. Both Caribbean and Corona had Rapunzel/Eugene and Jack Sparrow speak to Sora before the end of each visit of the world too. Elsa, Anna, and the rest didn't even blink in his direction at the end of Arendelle. I wish not to have a repeat performance of that in KHIV.

I would warm up to it if there little to no restrictions and have SDG be allowed to actually connect with the Frozen cast this time around. That would change my opinion of it. Well that, and have more interesting areas to explore instead of going up and down one large, snowy mountain. We didn't even get to visit either Elsa's castle or the actual kingdom of Arendelle. I will admit as much as I love Kingdom Hearts 2, I am one of those fans that is disappointed with how POTC was used in it. Always being stuck at night time and the unnecessarily difficult battles with the pirates just to name a couple of faults with it. What a 180 degree change they made with that world in Kingdom Hearts 3. Now it's my favorite Disney level of the entire series at this point with Kingdom of Corona in second place. I find myself playing those two levels and Twilight Town the most out of everything else in KH3. I just feel so immersed in those places.

So if they can do that for Port Royal/Caribbean, perhaps Arendelle does have a chance to redeem itself. I do want it to be interesting to travel through that world. I do want Sora to actually have moments with Elsa like he did with Rapunzel and Ariel. Here's hoping that all comes to pass.

I know this thread is originally about the ratio of how many return worlds and new worlds will be in the next major game, but since quite a few of us are listing want we want in the next installment I may as well through in my two cents real quick. As far as worlds I personally want in the upcoming KHIV? Speaking strictly Disney ones here. As far as original worlds go, I wouldn't mind playing through Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Destiny Islands, and Radiant Garden again.

Top 5 Returning
Agrabah
Kingdom of Corona
Caribbean
Atlantica
Space Paranoids

Top 5 New
Gargoyles
Incredibles
Moana
Princess and the Frog
Jungle Book

Keeping fingers crossed that at least four or five out of those make in the next big numbered game.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
If they were to bring back Agrabah and Halloween Town and give them new locations I wonder how they'd be received? Toybox had Galaxy Toys but not everyone was onboard with that because it wasn't a iconic Toy Story location. Now I personally would be for it because I'd be tired of going to the same locations in Agrabah and Halloween Town, and I loved the unique feel of Galaxy Toys.

I agree with you @SweetYetSalty it's literally an Apples to Oranges situation especially on which returning Disney worlds will Nomura and his team choose from.

I'd say from the returning Disney worlds (aside from 100 Acre Wood), Agrabah looks to make the most sense to return for a potential future number title when compared to Olympus, Halloween Town, Atlantica, the KH2 Disney worlds (Land of Dragons, Pride Lands, Space Paranoids, Timeless River), and the DDD Disney worlds (except Symphony of Sorcery). They can give it the Olympus and The Caribbean treatment where they can expand the markets and streets of Agrabah along with visiting the Palace of the Sultan, some original areas exclusive to the series and areas from the third film (such as the Turtle island).

100 Acre Wood could be better expanded with more areas compared to what we got in KH3, of course, that had to do with Nomura and the development's staff decision on making each Disney world's environment different from each other along with the fact that the Kingdom of Corona is a Forest environment which would be too similar to the 100 Acre Wood (despite different visuals) hence why we only explored just Rabbit's Garden.

I'm not sure what they can do with Halloween Town if I'm being honest with most of you including you @Face My Fears and @Gandalf-the-Wise, cause we explored the majority of the film's locations and there isn't any story left to tell after KH2's story. On top of that, aside from the NPC's, the Unreal Engine 4 visuals and expanded Halloween Town square it's not going to have anything that will literally be "WOW" compared to the new areas/features seen in The Caribbean (e.g. Ship Sailing, Diving underwater) and Olympus (e.g. Expanded Thebes, Mt. Olympus). Speaking of which I think one feature that I remain disappointed with KH3's worlds is while they are Bigger we don't even go inside the buildings, Houses and structures (e.g. Rapunzel's Tower, Elsa's Castle, The Old Mansion in Twilight Town) which was used more often in past titles, So that's why I don't think the world is returning.

The Caribbean will all come down to whether they want to reuse it again in KHIV or replace it with another live-action Disney film such as Jungle Cruise, but It wouldn't surprise me if it does return to KHIV reenacting the events of the 5th film (Dead Man Tell No Tales) since I did enjoy the visuals and the world setting in KH3 and the 5th film could be an important plot device to mirror Sora's return. If Jungle Cruise does come to KHIV and replaces the Caribbean, it will depend on how far in development Nomura and his team are on the Disney worlds that they want to use for KHIV and whether or not they are interested in putting that film in, because I've seen several recent Disney films (mainly the animated films) that came out during the development of the specific KH games, but none of them appear in that KH game until 5-8 or 10-15 years after they were released in theaters, either because Nomura and his team decided on the worlds they have chosen or they didn't bother watching the movies and choose to ignore them and wait for them to use in the next game. There were some exceptions to this like Tron: Legacy (2010) being incorporated in Dream Drop Distance (2 years later) and Big Hero 6 (2014) in Kingdom Hearts III (4-5 years later).

I also think that besides Arendelle @SweetYetSalty, Toy Box (Toy Story) also has a likely chance to return and be in KHIV cause we haven't seen the rest of Woody and Buzz's friends such as Jessie, Bullseye, Bo Peep, Slinky among others and I'm just excited to what new story they can come up with.

I'd say from the Disney worlds that are likely to return to KHIV they are:
  • Agrabah
  • 100 Acre Wood
  • The Caribbean*
  • Toy Box
  • Arendelle

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
Since we're all giving wishlists... If there's only one side game and it's a 3D-esque one with Kairi and Riku in sleeping worlds, there would be around five worlds like in 3D and KH4 should have at least 8 worlds like KH3 did. So...

The 3D sequel:

Fantasia / 2000 (Use the Spring Sprite, the Firebird, the Jack in the Box skit, possibly a few from the first film that weren't as touched on in 3D, like the dinosaur segment)
The Pride Lands (Perhaps be with Simba when he was a child, back before the world originally fell to darkness and he became a summon gem?)
The Sword in the Stone (pre-KH1)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (Makes sense for it to be a lost, sleeping world?)
Moana
Possibly Dumbo or Bambi in place of one of the above instead?

KH4:

Atlantica
Agrabah
Arendelle ~ I feel like Elsa going deep into the past and becoming frozen would relate to Sora's predicament of having gone too far in using the power to return hearts. So it would work in a 3D sequel where Kairi and Riku look for Sora, and yet I'm not sure how they could justify Arendelle being in the sleeping realm?
Zootopia
Wreck-It Ralph
The Princess and the Frog
Treasure Planet
The Jungle Book ~ I think it's inevitable this will be in one of the next couple of games, since they've wanted to include it since BbS.)
(100 Acre Wood--Even if it's only as short as in 3.)

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
It's probably just me but Atlantis always seemed fit to work in a title where the story is focused on past entities. Since KH4 looks like it'll seemingly focus on the foretellers, MoM, union cast it seems pretty fitting. Would be a good way to get Sora up to speed on other aspects of the age of fairy tales seeing the people and the king have knowledge of the past that could help him in his journey since y'know, they've been alive for thousands years (That and i just honestly have no desire in seeing Kairi or Riku solo interacting with the cast of this world lol) Give me Sora, Donald and Goofy Kida interactions or give me death!! Or just nothing at all 👀

On the topic of Frozen. I really can't see Frozen 2 being nearly as bad as Frozen was in KH3, even if does have some restrictions. Elsa uses her powers constantly, while Anna handles herself well enough(and could use a sword!😧) both also travel together throughout most of the film....so what excuse could they give as to why they couldn't be party members at least this time? Idk

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Since we're all giving wishlists... If there's only one side game and it's a 3D-esque one with Kairi and Riku in sleeping worlds, there would be around five worlds like in 3D and KH4 should have at least 8 worlds like KH3 did. So...

The 3D sequel:

Fantasia / 2000 (Use the Spring Sprite, the Firebird, the Jack in the Box skit, possibly a few from the first film that weren't as touched on in 3D, like the dinosaur segment)
The Pride Lands (Perhaps be with Simba when he was a child, back before the world originally fell to darkness and he became a summon gem?)
The Sword in the Stone (pre-KH1)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (Makes sense for it to be a lost, sleeping world?)
Moana
Possibly Dumbo or Bambi in place of one of the above instead?

KH4:

Atlantica
Agrabah
Arendelle ~ I feel like Elsa going deep into the past and becoming frozen would relate to Sora's predicament of having gone too far in using the power to return hearts. So it would work in a 3D sequel where Kairi and Riku look for Sora, and yet I'm not sure how they could justify Arendelle being in the sleeping realm?
Zootopia
Wreck-It Ralph
The Princess and the Frog
Treasure Planet
The Jungle Book ~ I think it's inevitable this will be in one of the next couple of games, since they've wanted to include it since BbS.)
(100 Acre Wood--Even if it's only as short as in 3.)
@Tartarus I have to respectfully disagree with the worlds you have chosen for DDD 2 and KHIV respectively. Even I doubt that the number of Disney worlds next KH games will be the exact same amount as in DDD and KH3 respectively. Even Arendelle and Toy Box look more suited to appear in the next Numbered installment instead of the next KH game centered on Riku and Kairi

Disney Worlds in DDD 2
  • Coco
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Inside Out
  • Treasure Planet
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Version) or The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
  • The Jungle Book (1967 animated version)
  • Dumbo (1941 animated film)
  • Onward
  • Fantasia 2000 (returning world adapting Fantasia 2000)

Disney Worlds in KHIV
  • Zootopia
  • Raya and the Last Dragon
  • Soul
  • The Incredibles (following original story after the 2nd film)
  • Princess and the Frog
  • Frozen II (returning world)
  • Toy Story (returning world)
  • Aladdin (returning world; following plot of third film)
  • Winnie the Pooh (returning world)
  • Jungle Cruise (new world) or Pirates of the Caribbean (returning world; following the plot of the fifth film)
  • Moana

It's probably just me but Atlantis always seemed fit to work in a title where the story is focused on past entities. Since KH4 looks like it'll seemingly focus on the foretellers, MoM, union cast it seems pretty fitting. Would be a good way to get Sora up to speed on other aspects of the age of fairy tales seeing the people and the king have knowledge of the past that could help him in his journey since y'know, they've been alive for thousands years (That and i just honestly have no desire in seeing Kairi or Riku solo interacting with the cast of this world lol) Give me Sora, Donald and Goofy Kida interactions or give me death!! Or just nothing at all 👀

On the topic of Frozen. I really can't see Frozen 2 being nearly as bad as Frozen was in KH3, even if does have some restrictions. Elsa uses her powers constantly, while Anna handles herself well enough(and could use a sword!😧) both also travel together throughout most of the film....so what excuse could they give as to why they couldn't be party members at least this time? Idk
@ultima-demi It's literally an Apples to Oranges situation depending on if Nomura and His team want Atlantis to be in a Numbered installment or a side game, but I'd say Atlantis looks better suited for a side title than say KHIV.

I'm optimistic that with Arendelle returning for KHIV it won't suffer what Arendelle endured in KH3, even the same can be said for the other new Disney worlds based on their recent films (e.g. Zootopia, Raya, Moana) not getting the same treatment that "Kingdom of Corona" and Arendelle got in KH3.

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
In the end it depends on what themes the side and main title is gonna be focusing on. But if it works better in a main title it should be included and shouldn't be regulated to a side game just because. That and Nomura must be crazy to add Atlantis without the gummi ship. Early parts before entering Atlantis just scream Leviathan gummi ship boss and we all know gummi ships are only in main titles 👀

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
100 Acre Wood could be better expanded with more areas compared to what we got in KH3, of course, that had to do with Nomura and the development's staff decision on making each Disney world's environment different from each other along with the fact that the Kingdom of Corona is a Forest environment which would be too similar to the 100 Acre Wood (despite different visuals) hence why we only explored just Rabbit's Garden.

I am certain Pooh will make another grand return. We can't get enough of the Pooh. This whole making each Disney world environment different from each other, is that a rule only recently applied to KH3? Who knows if that remains true in the next few coming years. KH2 had Land of the Dragons with snowy areas along with Christmas Town being in the same game. Same goes for both Disney Castle and Beast's Castle being in KH2. BBS with Castle of Dreams, Dwarf Woodlands, and Enchanted Dominion all having forests, dungeons, and castles. I think it ultimately comes down to what the story and characters in each world have to offer to the plot of the game. I believe how a world's environment looks is the least of their priorities compared to how much the world can contribute to the plot itself or to Sora's "character development" or the gameplay options the world can offer. You can have a scenario were both Hundred Acre Wood AND Kingdom of Corona return in the same game and still have both of them feel unique in their own ways.

I think one feature that I remain disappointed with KH3's worlds is while they are Bigger we don't even go inside the buildings, Houses and structures (e.g. Rapunzel's Tower, Elsa's Castle, The Old Mansion in Twilight Town) which was used more often in past titles

This is another gripe I have with how the worlds are structured in KH3. They teased us by showing what is inside of Rapunzel's Tower, Elsa's palace, and the Old Mansion. We as the players don't get to explore/playthrough those areas ourselves. I would add not being able to go inside the Black Pearl either too, and I think there is no excuse for that when we got to do it in the less advanced KH2. Another reminder of how despite KH3 being in development for at least a decade, it still feels like this underwhelming, unfinished product. Hopefully this is another mistake they correct for KH4. I am calling it right now, Kingdom Hearts IV is the "redemption game", both in storyline and in a meta sense.

The Caribbean will all come down to whether they want to reuse it again in KHIV or replace it with another live-action Disney film such as Jungle Cruise, but It wouldn't surprise me if it does return to KHIV reenacting the events of the 5th film (Dead Man Tell No Tales) since I did enjoy the visuals and the world setting in KH3 and the 5th film could be an important plot device to mirror Sora's return. If Jungle Cruise does come to KHIV and replaces the Caribbean, it will depend on how far in development Nomura and his team are on the Disney worlds that they want to use for KHIV and whether or not they are interested in putting that film in, because I've seen several recent Disney films (mainly the animated films) that came out during the development of the specific KH games, but none of them appear in that KH game until 5-8 or 10-15 years after they were released in theaters, either because Nomura and his team decided on the worlds they have chosen or they didn't bother watching the movies and choose to ignore them and wait for them to use in the next game. There were some exceptions to this like Tron: Legacy (2010) being incorporated in Dream Drop Distance (2 years later) and Big Hero 6 (2014) in Kingdom Hearts III (4-5 years later).

I would say out of most past Disney worlds from KH1, KH2, and KH3 combined, The Caribbean is one of those few that has the highest chance of making another return. It has plenty going for it already. Most people including us are praising the level for it's major upgrade in KH3. They have the data to work off already so they don't need to redo everything about the world from scratch. You already have the established dynamic of Sora and Jack Sparrow. POTC is possibly one of the top five most popular Disney IPs going today paired with the rumors of a developing sixth movie on the way. Another advantage is the storyline of the fifth film could easily coincide with what is occurring in Sora's life and the overall plot in KHIV.

Also spoiler alert ahead for any of those that have not seen either Dead Man Tell No Tales and Aladdin King of Thieves, if (hopefully) both worlds are incorporated in KH4, the two have a parallel about a parent sacrificing there old desires for their beloved offspring. Barbosa not only let's go of wanting the trident, but also sacrifices his life in order to save his daughter, Carina. Cassim does something similar by giving away the Hand of Midas in order to save his son, Aladdin. These could correspond with a potential theme in the game whether it's "redemption", "moving forward in life from the past", "investing in the next generation", and "parenthood". Some of the themes that Frozen 2 and Incredibles would have in common with them too. With all of that being said, I am certainly not opposed to another return to the Caribbean. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that we could end up having FIVE returning worlds from previous games. A good portion of worlds from KH1 made it into KH2, the same could happen here too.

As for a potential world based off of Jungle Cruise, yes as you said it all depends on how far in development Nomura and the crew are in KHIV and which worlds they think best fit their themes. Though that is all one major assumption. That wasn't much the case with KH2. There were quite a few worlds including Pride Lands that didn't contribute to any of the themes in KHII. Just because certain things happened and were included in KH3 doesn't automatically mean the same will apply to KH4 years down the road. It also depends on some other important factors though, how popular and successful will this movie be? Will it compete with Pirates' box office numbers? Also with everything happening in the world concerning the covid-19 virus, we don't even know when this movie will be released. It was suppose to be this year, but it is now already bumped into next summer and the date can possibly change again once more. So if in the event the movie takes a little longer than expected to be released, it could very well be saved for a later game instead altogether. Or just as I said with 100 acre wood and Corona, though they are similar looking places they both could be in the same game. Might be a case were both Jungle Cruise and Caribbean are included. Not as likely, but there is always that possibility.

Disney Worlds in KHIV
  • Aladdin (returning)
  • Frozen (returning)
  • Princess and the Frog (new)
  • Tangled (returning)
  • Zootopia (new)
  • Winnie the Pooh (returning)
  • Toy Story (returning)
  • The Incredibles (new)
  • Moana (new)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (returning) or Jungle Cruise (new)
  • Gargoyles (new)

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
In the end it depends on what themes the side and main title is gonna be focusing on. But if it works better in a main title it should be included and shouldn't be regulated to a side game just because. That and Nomura must be crazy to add Atlantis without the gummi ship. Early parts before entering Atlantis just scream Leviathan gummi ship boss and we all know gummi ships are only in main titles 👀
Yeah, but Atlantis isn't that well-known or that popular. I think it's likely to be relegated to a side game just like Hunchback (probably the same thing would happen to Treasure Planet and The Black Cauldron). I only hope TP ends up in a main title for the simple fact I really want Jim to be a party member, whereas Dream Eaters would be the party again in a 3D-esque side game. As for the other thing, I've never cared about the Gummi ship portion.... I'd rather fight the Leviathan as a boss battle than a Gummi boss, tbh.

I'd be fine with the Caribbean returning since I loved Dead Men Tell No Tales, even though it's not my first pick. I hope they don't waste time on On Stranger Tides though. My luck they'll do OST and never do DMTNT, just like they skipped Dead Man's Chest (which I love) for At World's End (which I hate). I don’t expect more than 3-4 worlds to return, and I wouldn’t waste a slot on The Caribbean, but that’s just me.

They'd find a reason.

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Problem with the Leviathan is the things massive size and how it spends all the time deep underwater, guarding the entrance. I just can't see anyway it'll work as a normal boss battle that'll be good. The gummi ship is just the best way to go about it to me as that whole sequence just mimics how Sora would enter the world.

Just hoping it ends up in a main title because of the things I've mentioned and just rather seeing Sora and the gang interacting with the cast instead and of course wanting Kida as a party member (Atlantis without Kida as a party member just sounds wrong, don't even add it if it comes too that lol) The chances of it happening was always super low but you never know with Nomura, could always pull a fast one and honestly, I just don't have much else to look forward too when it comes to new worlds, with this being the only thing that would genuinely get me super hyped.

Wouldn't even be surprised if they did find a reason with Frozen 2. Just gonna smh lol

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Even so, the themes are the least of their priorities what matters is that it ultimately comes down to what the story and characters in each Disney film the world is based have to offer to the plot of the game and how much the world can contribute to the plot itself or to Sora's "character development" or the gameplay options the world can offer.

I mean the worlds based on The Lion King (Pride Lands) and Mulan (The Land of Dragons) didn't contribute to any of the themes in Kingdom Hearts II and were just added because their worlds were destroyed by the Heartless and also Simba and Mushu started off as summons, the Hunchback of Notre Dame world felt like a KH or KHII world but was added to DDD due to popular demand and it got snubbed in the numbered titles, even Monster's Inc. felt like a world better suited for BBS or especially DDD than KH3 IMAO.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Even so, the themes are the least of their priorities what matters is that it ultimately comes down to what the story and characters in each Disney film the world is based have to offer to the plot of the game and how much the world can contribute to the plot itself or to Sora's "character development" or the gameplay options the world can offer.

I mean the worlds based on The Lion King (Pride Lands) and Mulan (The Land of Dragons) didn't contribute to any of the themes in Kingdom Hearts II and were just added because their worlds were destroyed by the Heartless and also Simba and Mushu started off as summons, the Hunchback of Notre Dame world felt like a KH or KHII world but was added to DDD due to popular demand and it got snubbed in the numbered titles, even Monster's Inc. felt like a world better suited for BBS or especially DDD than KH3 IMAO.
Lol yeah that's true. I could sit and here be like "Yooo atlantis would perfectly fit the theme of this title!!" and them not even bother putting it in. At this point i can only hope it's more like "Wouldn't Atlantis look nuts on ue5, ps5 nomura-san?" and that's the only reason it got chosen

Rii

Awards
I’m hearing a lot of talk about the next “side game,” and people assuming it’ll be smaller in scale, but I’m not so sure this is the case. I think handheld gaming is on its way out the door. It’s been nine years since Nintendo released a mainline handheld device with the 3DS. Even though there have been various updates released since then, they are all simply adjustments to the system. With the release of the Switch blurring the lines between handheld and platform gaming, I think Nintendo is ushering handhelds out. If Nomura reached out to Nintendo right now about making a new game, I think they would push for a Switch game, and at that point I don’t see why he wouldn’t just make it a cross-platform game.

That’s not to say I think KHIV will be the next game released, I have no clue what Nomura’s got planned, but I do think that whatever comes next will comparable to the size of 3, if not even bigger.

As for ratio of new and returning worlds, I think the start of a new saga is the perfect time for Nomura to make a shift and start bringing back more worlds. Obviously, running out of new worlds to introduce will at some point be an issue, at which point Nomura can either discontinue the Kingdom Hearts franchise, or we can start returning to old worlds. In my opinion, this franchise is much too lucrative for discontinuation, so I think Nomura’s going to have to show people that just because we’ve been to a world before, even if we’ve covered all the plots of the movies, there is still more to be done. And with the teams that worked on the movies helping write plots for the worlds, I think there’s potential for returning worlds to be the best part of the game.

However, if Nomura announced the next game would have, for example, seven returning worlds and only three new ones, fans would be in an uproar. People would be absolutely PISSED. That’s why I think the next game would have a relatively even ratio. I’m thinking five and five, maybe four and five, or five and six. Right around there is my guess.

I think with returning worlds and original plots, we’ll start to see new locations like Galaxy Toys make appearances in the worlds, and potentially even brand new in-world villains, in the same vein as Angelic Amber, but as a world’s final boss, not just a mid boss. Nomura and the team have to show fans that returning worlds can be just as fun, if not more fun, than new worlds. In addition to all this, I think returning worlds could give us the chance to explore original characters coming from Disney worlds, ie. Marluxia coming from The Kingdom of Corona.

I also think we could potentially start to see some cross contamination of Disney characters. After Disney Infinity, and now there’s some new mobile game I see advertising for all over my Instagram featuring like every Disney character ever, plus with Disney saying they wanted to start doing exciting things with their games, we have potential for a recreation of the scene in Castle Chapel where the PoH’s all interacted with each other, or even introducing characters that may not have potential for a full world in original worlds, like Merlin and the 101 Dalmatians.

Okay sorry word vomit over :LOL:

If Nomura wanted to echo the first part of the Seeker of Darkness Saga with the first part in the next saga, he could get off his behind and finally make new stained glass images for an opening tutorial again already. :p

Ooh, I am READY for some new Stations of Awakening featuring the New Seven Hearts. :love:

Back