• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The REAL reason why were fucked

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Pretty much right. The blame for the economic situation can certainly be laid on the people. And it's not getting better until people stop using terms like "economic crisis." Us thinking that we are in a depression is what is going to cause one. No one wants to invest, or spend when they are told by every screen and speaker in their home that all their money is doomed.

Personally I think any government effort to influence any economy is a bad move. We just need to carry on. Markets have seasons, changing that is only going to make things worse.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Americans are hearing conflicting messages. One voice says to spend money so the economy continues to flow, while the other says to save and invest so the banks and the financial system stays alive. Though the second voice is the right one, a lot of people are listening to neither and figuratively stuffing their money under the mattress to wait for the end of the month when they have to make the minimum payments on their loans, credit cards, and mortgages.

Although I disagree with the article on one point. Capitalism is a system that encourages greed for all groups, and discourages regulation of any kind. We're not at risk of depression, we're at risk of a complete collapse of a house of cards system. In the long term a system overhaul would be a good thing, but in the short term it will cause many people to believe the sky is falling.

Anyways we obviously need to AT LEAST put regulation in place to stop banks and the Fed from doing what they did to make things worse. And also rework credit cards.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
^Exactly, a purely capitalist market will just collapse on itself (it's basically Economic anarchy). There needs to be at least minimal regulation of government on Economy. Personally, I prefer as little government involvement as possible, but it can't be zero.

very differentiable
Awards
It's really fucked up. I have the feeling that bankers are dumb fucks. They gave out mortgages and loans like candy, to people who couldn't even afford it. I'd say that they should be fired and not given the chance to work as bankers again, just like docters get suspension or in a severe case when they mess up a surgery or make a wrong diagnosis, a revoke of their privileges to work in the medical field.

Last edited:

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Americans are hearing conflicting messages. One voice says to spend money so the economy continues to flow, while the other says to save and invest so the banks and the financial system stays alive. Though the second voice is the right one, a lot of people are listening to neither and figuratively stuffing their money under the mattress to wait for the end of the month when they have to make the minimum payments on their loans, credit cards, and mortgages.

Although I disagree with the article on one point. Capitalism is a system that encourages greed for all groups, and discourages regulation of any kind. We're not at risk of depression, we're at risk of a complete collapse of a house of cards system. In the long term a system overhaul would be a good thing, but in the short term it will cause many people to believe the sky is falling.

Anyways we obviously need to AT LEAST put regulation in place to stop banks and the Fed from doing what they did to make things worse. And also rework credit cards.

I do not trust the American government to run businesses. End of story. Greedy people act in self interest, which is typically best for the economy when these people are corportations.

XjXsOlJa

NHSrep
First thing i said when i clicked on the link was "I do not want to hear any of this communism crap."
But then i realized...
Its not really propaganda is it.
Ahaha.
=p

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I do not trust the American government to run businesses. End of story. Greedy people act in self interest, which is typically best for the economy when these people are corportations.

Deregulation partially caused the mess we're in. :v Nevermind the shift in where the majority of wealth is placed in the country. Supply-side does not work; they keep their wealth.

Q

Banned
I can see this guy's reasoning, but it seems he is only beginning the next step to another one of these. True, saving definitely will bring up the economic status of the country, but didn't saving massive amounts of money in banks like the "greatest generation" did set us up for this? If we do take away our lesson from this, we will have to compensate for what the greatest generation did not do efficiently - teach our children how to save like we do.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
tl:dr

But I got the gist of it. Money exists because we were the ones who created it, and so economy came into birth. What do you get? A lot of stupid people who like to buy a lot of stuff in its abuse. An example of patriotism in America. All of a sudden it's going to influence the rest of the world.

frisson

Silver Member
I don't usually care about these things... but somebody explain fluctuation to me. I asked why we can't all use the same currency and fluctuation was the answer I was given. Is it because some countries are totally worthless? Why not at least start with those like America, Britain, Aus, NZ etc?

Well Heresy, there would be an argument about whose to use or something stupid like that. Or am I missing some key element here? Explain nicely please.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Each country has a different economic system and a varying level of financial strength. The European Union isn't working out so well because when one country's economy collapses, the rest also suffer for it.

Maybe in a century when there is further globalization and a better economic system it could work.

Danzik

By the way guys, that link I posted had truth. This economy sucks, and Arthur is manly enough to tell us all about it.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back