• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Reapers' Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I really want someone to break this news like they just found it so I can respond with a ZETTA SLOW!! ^.^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
): I'm so late to the party. Why are you guys so mean. What does so zetta slow mean?

Okay, okay. I'm done. xD

So watching the trailer again, Neku says he can't afford to lose the Game, so I wonder if he is saying that in reference to himself or to Shiki or even Joshua. Second and Third week Neku would have said something like that considering what price he has to pay for those weeks.

I'm just hoping his cameo isn't like Zack or Cloud's cameos in BBS and KH1. Playing a modified Reapers' Game seems like a lot of fun.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Guys! Did you hear? Neku from The World Ends With You is going to be in Kingdom Hearts 3D!

So ZETTA slow!
Ninja'd haha

So I wanna hear you guy's thoughts on the Reapers' Game. We deviated a little. Do you want it or do you think it's a redundancy?

Oh wow KHI lagged on me by like an hour haha

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So ZETTA slow!
Ninja'd haha

So I wanna hear you guy's thoughts on the Reapers' Game. We deviated a little. Do you want it or do you think it's a redundancy?

Oh wow KHI lagged on me by like an hour haha

*points to my post above yours*

"Playing a modified Reapers' Game seems like a lot of fun."

I don't think it would be redundant if it is different from what we know it as in TWEWY. Like people have mentioned before, having tasks that involve things in Traverse Town would be nice. Like fighting in that colosseum area, destroying Dream Eaters...stuff like that where it isn't anything like TWEWY while still being the same "Game" at heart.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Haha yeah I read your post. On that note, I don't think Zack and Clouds Cameos can be put on the same level because Cloud was involved in the story even after Olympus Colloseum's main story, even if it was only a small part.

But I agree with you on wanting Neku's cameo to be a little more involved in the story.

ALSO, I just bought the while TWEWY OST. Twister fuck yeah

snow_flake40

Awards
I really love your idea, Guard. Sounds awesome! :D Though I'm not sure if they would go so all out for one cameo.

However, I also doubt they would have had Neku mention the Game and his timer and whatnot if Neku was just going to disappear after that cutscene. The fact that even the trailer mentions the Game makes it seem like it's not just a small reference to TWEWY, but something that they're going to incorporate into DDD. Somehow. Echoing other folks' thoughts, I think the UG and the Realm of Sleep are very similar. 'Sleep' is practically KH's idea of death, and you can plonk things from the Realm of Sleep back into existence by unlocking the Keyhole of Sleep. ...Y'know, presumably. We only know about worlds for definite at the moment, but I'd say the same rules apply for people.

Also in the trailer is Sora offering Neku help with the Game, followed by an ambush of Dream Eaters. Added to this the possibility of swapping out your Dream Eater companions with story characters... I'd say having Neku as a party member is fairly damn likely at this point, meaning we'll probably ed up being his partner in the Game. Of course, some rules would have to be tweaked to make it fit in DDD, like not being able to leave Shibuya/wherever the Game takes place. I doubt we'd have to get through the seven days in one go, so I concur with Guard in that it would probably be drawn out over the span of the entire game. Complete Day 1, leave Neku chillin' in Traverse Town, go off on an adventure in another world, return to Traverse Town and get your next mission. That could work. And would please me greatly. Especially if Riku partners up with Joshua. Doubly especially if we get to fight like in TWEWY, with Neku on the top screen and Sora on the bottom screen. I find that second bit a lot less likely, but it would be AMAZING nonetheless. Maybe just for a mini game as others have suggested?

Huh. I just talked myself into the Reaper's Game appearing being possible, if not probable. Ah well.

So, to conclude, I would insanely forever love competing in the Reaper's Game in DDD alongside Neku~

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
It's a pretty good idea, huh Snowflake? Plus like you said, just on little trailers depicts Neku, the Game, and his timer! That can't warrant just a simple one world cameo.

I just had another idea.
What if, like in Week 1 of TWEWY, Neku has to "kill" Sora to beat the Game, like how he attempted to do with Shiki. Neku could be the final boss.

Of course, "death" ain to big in KH, so he'll probably have to "put him to sleep" or something.
That's a bit of a stretch but I think it's pausible.

raycat27_2003

Awards
I never really played this game, but I think it'll be cool to experience this and make me wanna buy it later.

snow_flake40

Awards
It's a pretty good idea, huh Snowflake? Plus like you said, just on little trailers depicts Neku, the Game, and his timer! That can't warrant just a simple one world cameo.

I just had another idea.
What if, like in Week 1 of TWEWY, Neku has to "kill" Sora to beat the Game, like how he attempted to do with Shiki. Neku could be the final boss.

Of course, "death" ain to big in KH, so he'll probably have to "put him to sleep" or something.
That's a bit of a stretch but I think it's pausible.

A vey good idea, indeed. :D

As for your new idea, *GASP* THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. Like, maybe Xehanort/Braig/whoever else wants Sora dead convinces Neku that they'll get him out of the Game if he finishes Sora off for good. Epic boss fight is epic until Mr H shows up and uses his sheer badassery to calm Neku down... Love it~ Not sure how well homicidal Neku will go down with Disney, though... No, it'd be close enough to the Beast in KH2. Should be ok. Yeah, I should stop typing now...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I never really played this game, but I think it'll be cool to experience this and make me wanna buy it later.

Oh definitely. TWEWY is the number one game for you to buy for all those with access to a DS <3

Rix

:)
Awards
Too be completely honest, I didn't really like TWEWY all that much at first and was kinda dissapointed... But after playing it a second time after a good while, I did really love it.

So if you feel the same way as me at first, please give the game a second chance.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
If anything, you should all buy the game for it's soundtrack
So goooood

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol don't forget to mention the bonus tracks. I love them~

I was thinking that the way Neku says he can't afford to lose, he might be fighting to save Shiki. Kind hoping it is week three Neku so Neku would have already built his friendship with Josh so his determination is high after the ending of the last round. Week one Neku knew next to nothing about the Reapers' Game and Shiki taught him everything about it. This Neku seems like he is used to the Game.

Also, he didn't seem to have the level of anti-socialness that he did in week one. Week one Neku would have never told Sora to shut up out-loud or have even approached him so openly. Nor would he have known to go for Sora's hand, considering week one Neku freaked when he got the timer.

So yeah. Guessing it is week two-beginning of week three Neku in personality. Also, if Neku was approaching Sora, that might mean there are no other Players around. Neku was the only one around week three until Beat decided to help Neku, so :/ yeah.

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com
The idea seems cool, but to bring much of TWEWY into KH is a lil over the top in my opinon. I mean in the trailer it was "mentioned" that they might have to play the repear's game, but probably in a different way.

snow_flake40

Awards
Lol don't forget to mention the bonus tracks. I love them~

I was thinking that the way Neku says he can't afford to lose, he might be fighting to save Shiki. Kind hoping it is week three Neku so Neku would have already built his friendship with Josh so his determination is high after the ending of the last round. Week one Neku knew next to nothing about the Reapers' Game and Shiki taught him everything about it. This Neku seems like he is used to the Game.

Also, he didn't seem to have the level of anti-socialness that he did in week one. Week one Neku would have never told Sora to shut up out-loud or have even approached him so openly. Nor would he have known to go for Sora's hand, considering week one Neku freaked when he got the timer.

So yeah. Guessing it is week two-beginning of week three Neku in personality. Also, if Neku was approaching Sora, that might mean there are no other Players around. Neku was the only one around week three until Beat decided to help Neku, so :/ yeah.

Ooh, good point. I think it is Week 3!Neku, then, if there weren't any other players about. I hope so as well. Week 1!Neku is no fun if you can't hear his thoughts, seeing as he doesn't talk.

OH. If it is Week 3!Neku, that means Joshua catapulted himself to another universe. Maybe to the Realm of Sleep? To be honest, I'm just looking for any excuse for Joshua to be in DDD, bothering Riku and whatnot~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ooh, good point. I think it is Week 3!Neku, then, if there weren't any other players about. I hope so as well. Week 1!Neku is no fun if you can't hear his thoughts, seeing as he doesn't talk.

OH. If it is Week 3!Neku, that means Joshua catapulted himself to another universe. Maybe to the Realm of Sleep? To be honest, I'm just looking for any excuse for Joshua to be in DDD, bothering Riku and whatnot~

Exactly. We wouldn't hear his sarcastic responses since we are Sora.

Well, we are in the Realm of Sleep so I don't think that is possible. Maybe from the Realm of Sleep into the Realm of Waking, but then he would be inaccessible to Sora and Riku. If Josh is in this, I would say he just hid in another world in the RoS and every now and then he'll pop in to stalk his Proxy and meet Riku that way. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back