• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The reason why Kingdom Hearts is successful

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
I believe that the new disney projects like the princess and the frog ect lack that 'magic' which made movies like the lion king , tarzan ect instant classics. So when i play KH I feel that magic so I believe the reason why Kingdom Hearts is successful is because it has the classical disney magic. I just made this thread to see what people thought about my point of view.

Disscuss

I would think that it was successful in the gaming community because of the FF element. Story and gameplay don't hurt either.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No, TN owns them. Disney had no part in the storytelling, they just gave TN the rights if the Disney worlds and Disney characters, but he made the story and the characters, Sora, Riku, Kairi, and all of them. They are legally a part of Disney, but they didn't create them and make the story for them.
lol, no. Disney owns them. They can do whatever they please with the characters because they own them. They ARE Disney Characters.

B

Bodaciously G

Its rampant fan-base who thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.

VagueSimplicity

Awards
The Disney magic was really there in the the first Kingdom Hearts (and CoM in my personal opinion), but not so much II and Days.
Kingdom Hearts II killed the "magic" for me, for a couple of reasons:
-I hated almost every theme used on each Disney world. I also hated how small the worlds felt. Kingdom Hearts succeeded in both of these aspects, so I knew it could've been better.
-I really hated Beast's Castle. It felt so limited and the castle was always dark. There came a time in the film when the castle lightened up ("Something There" musical sequence) and that's the version I thought we'd see at least once in the game. Also, even though the dance sequence at Beast's Castle mirrored the actual ballroom sequence in the film, it felt empty without Mrs. Pott's song and the ending to the second visit was awkward even though it played the melody.

This is the mood I was hoping it would capture:

Now didn't that feel nostalgic? :)

-I hated how Pride Lands always felt dead. Obviously, it made sense for it to look dead during Scar's reign, but it's like Nomura never saw the fcuking ending. Pride Lands sets on fire, Simba kills Scar, it rains, and the Pride Lands magically becomes lush and green in a matter of seconds (now that's Disney magic, but I guess the transition took a matter of months). It surprises me that it's Nomura's favorite Disney movie when I see what he did to that world. The second visit could've been all bright and colorful, but it wasn't.
Also, the world felt too small. It felt so much bigger and vast in the actual film. However, I did enjoy walking on Pride Rock. :) Would've been nice if it captured the mood of the "Circle of Life" moment. Then the scene where Simba talks to his dad is absolutely nothing without the score playing to Mufasa's line "Remember Who You Are" and the atrocious voice acting killed it ultimately. Ya, I know, copyright issues are hassle and Matthew Broderick is a tough gig to land, but I didn't like it. >:-(

Other than that, the only Disney worlds in KH2 that I mildly enjoyed were Land of Dragons and Space Paranoids.

Days was worse, because it reused almost every KH2 world and was repetitive.

CoM was great because it felt Disney-fied, and I actually liked the Organization then.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Beast's Castle was my favorite world in KH2....they could have done so much with it.....with Gaston as a boss....saving Belle's dad....

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Beast's Castle was my favorite world in KH2....they could have done so much with it.....with Gaston as a boss....saving Belle's dad....
Ya, I wish they would have included the village and stuff as well. I still remember discussions about "Fabled Countryside" and how excited I was. But that never happened. :( And I would've really liked Gaston as a boss since he seemed like the most obvious choice.

Silfarion

Well, KH1 had a very good story and a great game system (it wasn't easy to see real time combat RPG when it first came out). I think that is why it is so successful in the first place. You know, taking the first step is the most important thing.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I felt that "magic" in KH2. I wonder what that says about the "magic".

I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't. Not because I didn't like the game, but because it didn't make me feel nostalgic like KH1 did. KH1 did a good job of making you feel nostalgic when arriving upon new disney worlds.

Apollo

Silver Member
I believe that the new disney projects like the princess and the frog ect lack that 'magic' which made movies like the lion king , tarzan ect instant classics. So when i play KH I feel that magic so I believe the reason why Kingdom Hearts is successful is because it has the classical disney magic. I just made this thread to see what people thought about my point of view.

Disscuss

I think KH1 is the only game that actually has that feeling. Otherwise I think the other games are still successful because of the loyal fan base from KH1 and because it brings favorite characters from Disney and Final Fantasy into it.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I think KH1 is the only game that actually has that feeling. Otherwise I think the other games are still successful because of the loyal fan base from KH1 and because it brings favorite characters from Disney and Final Fantasy into it.
And the battlesystem and the story and the original characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back