• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Restoration Committee (And Other FF Characters)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 quid is good

Awards
This has been my only worry for KH3, and I feel it's a pretty big one but it's my worry so I would say that

We all know that the series has had fewer and fewer links to Final Fantasy over time, which is fine for some games (Days), but not so for others (KH3)

In my opinion, Kingdom hearts is a Disney game with a big side of Final Fantasy to spice it up. I love seeing Disney characters interact with Cloud, Squall, Aerith, and all the rest, it was such a big part of the first two games.

Not only that, but I became really invested into the Restoration Committees story. These guys were in the same boat as Sora, and through them we get to see a different side of the same coin.

I really want them to be a big part of KH3, but what with rescuing TAV, the dandelions and the keyblade war I'm worried that their continued existence in the games isn't justified. And if we can't include FF characters in KH3, then when?

Tell me I'm wrong, it'd put my mind at rest but i feel like no one really talks about these guys

Tempo

Awards
kh3 is looking to be a huuuuge game, with ample time to dedicate to plotlines both major and minor. i'd say don't worry about it. there's no way any of those characters would just be thrown out, when they kinda represent the people of the modern world that the protagonists are working so hard to protect. we're absolutely going to see radiant garden looking even better than before in kh3, sora has too strong of a connection to the townspeople for the writers to just throw them away like that. if anything, we'll likely be meeting even more cameos!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
We all know that the series has had fewer and fewer links to Final Fantasy over time, which is fine for some games (Days), but not so for others (KH3)

In my opinion, Kingdom Hearts is a Disney game with a big side of Final Fantasy to spice it up. I love seeing Disney characters interact with Cloud, Squall, Aerith, and all the rest, it was such a big part of the first two games.

Hate to break it to you 2 Quid, but Nomura has gone on record to say that he's reluctant to add Final Fantasy characters. Here are the question and quote regarding it.

Ryan: "Is there a chance of Final Fantasy characters making an appearance, or other Square Enix properties like NieR and Dragon Quest?"

Nomura: "Of course, we do have precedence. There have been characters that have appeared throughout the series, so I don't think it's impossible but I'm not actively seeking to incorporate existing characters, only because we have such a large roster of original characters in there already.

If there is a perfect fit, I'm sure the idea might come up, but at the same time I have to consider, is it worth allocating the resources to create the character and give it a role within Kingdom Hearts? Would it merit the effort that's put into it? We're not really actively looking for existing characters".

Even if this statement was not to exist, Kingdom Hearts as a franchise is an entirely different beast now compared to when Kingdom Hearts II was the latest game out. Kingdom Hearts started off as a Disney and Final Fantasy mashup because that was its selling point. It was a standalone game and it played it as safe as possible. With the success of the first game, the second game took more risks by incorporating more original characters and developing the lore of this series universe.

Birth by Sleep proved that Kingdom Hearts did not need Final Fantasy to sell. Sure, we got Zack from Final Fantasy VII but his inclusion was merely a cross-promotion for Crisis Core more than anything else. Matter of fact, he could have been substituted for Laguna Loire from Final Fantasy VIII, that's how minor his inclusion was. Dream Drop Distance further cemented this point with The World Ends With You characters replacing the usual Final Fantasy cameos.

Am I saying that we're not going to get any more Final Fantasy characters in this game outside Moogles? not really. But at the same time, it's not out of the question to have a mainline Kingdom Hearts game without Final Fantasy characters now. We've seen a bunch of Olympus gameplay but no hints whatsoever about a Final Fantasy character in that world.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm similarly worried, but I believe at the very least the RG gang will return. It has been so long since we seen them last, and it's pretty much a given RG will return. I think there will also be a desire for their story to find a sort of resolution in this chapter (maybe Leon will even go by Squall by the end of the game). I think the inclusion of new FF chars is going to be severely limited, but I do believe at least the RG gang will return.

Awards
Playstation Access: 8 Things About Kingdom Hearts 3 You Need to Know said:
#2 Final Fantasy characters in KH3: Can't reveal anything yet, but definitely are going to include them.
Kinda odd who Nomura is reluctant to include FF characters when he said that they were definitely going to include them back in 2015.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'm similarly worried, but I believe at the very least the RG gang will return. It has been so long since we seen them last, and it's pretty much a given RG will return. I think there will also be a desire for their story to find a sort of resolution in this chapter (maybe Leon will even go by Squall by the end of the game). I think the inclusion of new FF chars is going to be severely limited, but I do believe at least the RG gang will return.
agreed i mean isn't radient garden where kairi and lea traing at anywhere so i imagine that we going back to the world to check up on kairi and lea while at the same time we going to see the radient garden gang again

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Just give me Lightning and Rinoa and I'll be good. In regards with returning ones I agree that thr FF cast in RG will likely return. Along with Seifer and his crew in TT hopefully

ImVentus

Awards
We'll definitely see Leon and the gang again. As for what purpose they will play in the story, I have no idea.
Would it be too much wanting some of the characters from FF15 in KH3? Maybe a small cameo of any chance.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
We'll definitely see Leon and the gang again. As for what purpose they will play in the story, I have no idea.
Would it be too much wanting some of the characters from FF15 in KH3? Maybe a small cameo of any chance.

Probably, don't think Nomura is keen still about having the project taken from him. He said Dissidia NT was the first time he had drawn Noctis in years or something like that.

2 quid is good

Awards
Probably, don't think Nomura is keen still about having the project taken from him. He said Dissidia NT was the first time he had drawn Noctis in years or something like that.

Oh yeah, didn't he mention in an interview about how he was channeling his anger into KH3

Yeah, I guess this would be the most realistic scenario, but is it really so bad to include new storylines involving FF characters?
Hate to break it to you 2 Quid, but Nomura has gone on record to say that he's reluctant to add Final Fantasy characters. Here are the question and quote regarding it.

Ryan: "Is there a chance of Final Fantasy characters making an appearance, or other Square Enix properties like NieR and Dragon Quest?"

Nomura: "Of course, we do have precedence. There have been characters that have appeared throughout the series, so I don't think it's impossible but I'm not actively seeking to incorporate existing characters, only because we have such a large roster of original characters in there already.

If there is a perfect fit, I'm sure the idea might come up, but at the same time I have to consider, is it worth allocating the resources to create the character and give it a role within Kingdom Hearts? Would it merit the effort that's put into it? We're not really actively looking for existing characters".

Even if this statement was not to exist, Kingdom Hearts as a franchise is an entirely different beast now compared to when Kingdom Hearts II was the latest game out. Kingdom Hearts started off as a Disney and Final Fantasy mashup because that was its selling point. It was a standalone game and it played it as safe as possible. With the success of the first game, the second game took more risks by incorporating more original characters and developing the lore of this series universe.

Birth by Sleep proved that Kingdom Hearts did not need Final Fantasy to sell. Sure, we got Zack from Final Fantasy VII but his inclusion was merely a cross-promotion for Crisis Core more than anything else. Matter of fact, he could have been substituted for Laguna Loire from Final Fantasy VIII, that's how minor his inclusion was. Dream Drop Distance further cemented this point with The World Ends With You characters replacing the usual Final Fantasy cameos.

Am I saying that we're not going to get any more Final Fantasy characters in this game outside Moogles? not really. But at the same time, it's not out of the question to have a mainline Kingdom Hearts game without Final Fantasy characters now. We've seen a bunch of Olympus gameplay but no hints whatsoever about a Final Fantasy character in that world.

Aww man, there goes the worry-o-meter :/

And I see your point about the success of later games with less final fantasy, but that's because it's an established series now. Within this series there is a strong precedent for Final Fantasy characters, so it just gets me down when another title comes and goes and the most we get is a moogle

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards

Yeah, I guess this would be the most realistic scenario, but is it really so bad to include new storylines involving FF characters?

Last edited:

Echoecho6

Awards
Is it possible Radiant Garden just wont appear in KH3. No FF characters. No Even, Ienzo, etc. Merlin could be stationed elsewhere now, or we just wont go visit him. Just cuz Kairi and Lea are training there doesnt mean we actually have to visit the world.

2 quid is good

Awards
Is it possible Radiant Garden just wont appear in KH3. No FF characters. No Even, Ienzo, etc. Merlin could be stationed elsewhere now, or we just wont go visit him. Just cuz Kairi and Lea are training there doesnt mean we actually have to visit the world.

I really doubt that we won't visit Radiant Garden, it's been in all the (for lack of a better word) main games

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
nope we havent seen anthing yet i mean come on they have yo show kairi and lea and radient garden is where they tranning at

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Agreed, it would be nice to see the Restoration Committee have some sort of interaction with Ansem the Wise's staff, the ones that pretty much caused their entire world to be taken over by Maleficent. How are they going to deal with the scientists, guards and the new Organization XIII being on the loose. I would think they would be wary of trusting people like Aeleus and Ienzo and siding with Sora to stop the Organization XIII again because they would likely find themselves in the same boat again if Sora fails to stop Xehanort.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I'm only really expecting the Radiant Garden crew to have a presence, and maybe there's a chance that Seifer's crew will return (that also depends on how much of a role HPO have or if the Struggle tournaments return). I'm not really expecting anyone new, and besides finishing the Cloud/Sephiroth fight from where it left off in KH2, I don't really know if there's any new ground to cover with these guys.

Unless maybe they interact with Kairi/Lea and help Merlin train them? Or they work with/keep an eye on the Apprentices? Cid could give us a tutorial for the evolved Gummi ship battles?

Birth by Sleep proved that Kingdom Hearts did not need Final Fantasy to sell. Sure, we got Zack from Final Fantasy VII but his inclusion was merely a cross-promotion for Crisis Core more than anything else. Matter of fact, he could have been substituted for Laguna Loire from Final Fantasy VIII, that's how minor his inclusion was.

Yeah... but I'm fairly certain Nomura said that they had wanted Leon and the others to show up in Radiant Garden, but they just didn't have the time to do so, and thought that having the Apprentices make a cameo was more important for the world.

There at least was an intention there, so if Nomura has ideas to pull in any of the FF characters, he'll do so if time allows it or if it's worth the effort. As you said, KH has evolved at this point, so there's not really the same need or urgency as there was in KH1 or KH2.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Where it concerns Leon and the RG gang as well as Radiant Garden itself the chance they'll be included this time around is rather high, not only because they're "veterans" of the series but also story-wise.

Radiant Garden is the "Capital of Light" in the series and Kairi's original homeworld.
It contains the secret Laboratory of Xehanort and the Apprentices as well as the Chamber of Repose and is the homeworld of many KH original characters as well.

Not to mention it would be odd to see the world suddenly in charge of Ansem's apprentices again when they are the ones mainly responsible for causing its destruction in the first place (yes, Maleficent and her Heartless army did the actual deed but it were the apprentices which actually enabled her to do it with their experiments) so Leon & co. are those with the highest chance to reappear.

The Twilight town goons I'm not too sure about as even their role in KH 2 was rather minor to begin with. Maybe they'll be included among the regular NPCs of the world itself yet not have any significant role.
If there is a significant role for Twilight Town natives to play, HPO will have priority to get these roles.

Nomura's statements however I believe are mainly about new FF cameos rather than existing ones, mainly because the original cast is continuing to grow and that makes the Final Fantasy cameos largely redundant and "unneeded".
In such an environment, especially considering how much KH 3 has already to tackle anyways lore-wise, it is understandable Nomura doesn't want to invest extra time to create and implement extra cameo characters.

With the exception of the very first Kingdom Hearts where they took up support roles for exposition and introductions, the FF characters have been largely unused eye candy anyways even in KH 2, where their roles were confined solely to their own world just like the Disney NPCs had in theirs.
There are enough original or Disney characters around to fill all the supporting roles in some way.

Which leads to what one has to ultimately keep in mind:
Unlike the original characters and some central Disney ones (like Mickey, Goofy, Merlin, Donald and Yen Sid), the Final Fantasy characters are just cameos that does not go beyond a battle in the coliseum or small local role in their resident world.

Squall Strife

I'd be surprised if they don't do a FF reference but I'm okay with the exclusion of FF characters. After all this is going to be the last game of the series & time needs to be spent on developing not just the core KH characters but also the others which are important to the overall story of the game, which is alot of characters to give a satisfying conclusion & this has to happen all in one game. So again it is saddening to know that there don't be FF characters but I can u understand the exclusion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd be surprised if they don't do a FF reference but I'm okay with the exclusion of FF characters. After all this is going to be the last game of the series & time needs to be spent on developing not just the core KH characters but also the others which are important to the overall story of the game, which is alot of characters to give a satisfying conclusion & this has to happen all in one game. So again it is saddening to know that there don't be FF characters but I can u understand the exclusion.

This isn’t the last game of the series. This is just the ending of the Xehanort Saga. Nomura has stated in the past that he wishes to continue the series after KH3. It’s the whole reason UX is even a thing.

Squall Strife

This isn’t the last game of the series. This is just the ending of the Xehanort Saga. Nomura has stated in the past that he wishes to continue the series after KH3. It’s the whole reason UX is even a thing.

Exactly which is why FF characters having a place in kh3 isn't really a priority to have as it is the last game to this saga & kh characters stories need to have a conclusion & there are a lot of characters that need to be addressed in this upcoming game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back