• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Return of the Coliseum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Been saying it for years: Sword in the Stone could be a coliseum world.
The Sword in the Stone would be perfect for it in the same way Hercules was, because, like Hercules, The Sword in the Stone isn’t one of their bigger films and Disney probably would be pretty flexible in letting them do mostly what they want with it.

Soldier

Awards
The Sword in the Stone would be perfect for it in the same way Hercules was, because, like Hercules, The Sword in the Stone isn’t one of their bigger films and Disney probably would be pretty flexible in letting them do mostly what they want with it.
True, but Sword in the Stone doesn't have Hades, which means Nomura is less likely to care about it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm in the minority in that I'm not crazy about a coliseum/arena style tournament returning. I did really love them in KH1, I thought those were good. The KH2 ones were so gimmicky though I didn't like them as much. I only did it because I heard the Cloud, Tifa, Leon, and Yuffie fight was challenging and I wanted to try it. But getting to that fight was a pain.

I much prefer the Battlegates. Different battle spots, updated party members for the world, variety of battle music, and it's both great for grinding and getting items too along with the grand prize. They just need to tweak them to make them better. For example, they are a mob fight. After you eliminate a certain number or all of them the boss of the gate should show up, and it can be a humanoid character boss if people really want that. The gates could have also been used for Guardians of Light teamups, since they only have the Keyblade Graveyard segment, and beyond that you cannot use them anymore. Also let you choose who to bring since you can have four party members. Imagine a crazy team of Roxas, Terra, Donald, and Baymax for example. Just make them easier to find or accessible by the world's save point and this can replace the tournaments for me.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm in the minority in that I'm not crazy about a coliseum/arena style tournament returning. I did really love them in KH1, I thought those were good. The KH2 ones were so gimmicky though I didn't like them as much. I only did it because I heard the Cloud, Tifa, Leon, and Yuffie fight was challenging and I wanted to try it. But getting to that fight was a pain.

I much prefer the Battlegates. Different battle spots, updated party members for the world, variety of battle music, and it's both great for grinding and getting items too along with the grand prize. They just need to tweak them to make them better. For example, they are a mob fight. After you eliminate a certain number or all of them the boss of the gate should show up, and it can be a humanoid character boss if people really want that. The gates could have also been used for Guardians of Light teamups, since they only have the Keyblade Graveyard segment, and beyond that you cannot use them anymore. Also let you choose who to bring since you can have four party members. Imagine a crazy team of Roxas, Terra, Donald, and Baymax for example. Just make them easier to find or accessible by the world's save point and this can replace the tournaments for me.
I agree with you. I hated the KH2 coliseum so much, it was pointless because you got no experience and it was so gimmicky. The KH1 coliseum was perfect, but I guess it was more fleshed out and better because it had to basically serve the function of an entire world rather than be a side quest.

I think the battlegates are the right direction to go, they were just done horribly in KH3. There should be more than one fight per battlegate and each level unlocks a more difficult fight and better items (maybe even make some items appear randomly, to encourage more playthroughs). Maybe each battlegate has 5 heartless fights you can initiate and then a boss fight (a ReMIND Data Organization heartless/Final Fantasy character boss fight). Wouldn't it be cool to fight Balthier and Fran with Jack Sparrow in your team? I think the battlegates will allow you to actually use/care about the DISNEY party members more, especially if you have to do hard fights with them. The only time I can recall having a DISNEY party member in a very difficult fight is against Xemnas in KH1 (The Beast). Anyway, having battlegates in each world also encourages you to revisit them. Not only that, but they can maybe have each level you have to unlock for the battlegates in those worlds be done doing side quests in those worlds. It was a letdown to me that KH3's huge and beautiful worlds didn't have more to do.

I also think that in the last world, whatever world that is, the battlegate there should let you team up with any of the other non-DISNEY party members (your choice). So if Riku, Aqua or Kairi are available party members in other parts of the game, you can choose them there. This battlegate will of course be the hardest and have more levels.

I just hope they flesh out the battlegates in future games.

Elysium

Awards
To me, battlegates and an arena sidequest aren't an either/or. They aren't even related, so I'm not sure why they get brought up together. I'm fine with battlegates' existence, but not because they give you a reason to return to Disney worlds. Hidden Mickey's, treasure chests, synthesis, and individual side quests already give you incentive to do that in 3.

disney233

Awards
I truthfully prefer it if Olympus Coliseum didn't come back. No, it's not a world that can go on for ever and ever and ever, no. As if it hasn't been done to death with the EXCACT same story of fighting in the gaaaaaames, and stopping Hades...again, I'm sick of it. I personally prefer what the Mirage Arena did, and I feel it shouldn't be a one-off world. The Mirage Arena has a lot of potential of being the new coliseum instead of just wanting to go back and fro at Olympus SOLELY...because of a tournament. It's not enjoyable. Especially in 2.

Elysium

Awards
Nah, I like Hercules for more reasons than tournaments; it's one of my top 3 favorite Disney films. I'd be fine if it was in every game even if the tournament side quest was in another world altogether. ;)

If Nomura took the criticism about no tournaments and used that as a reason to bring Olympus back rather than simply implementing the side quest in another world, I wouldn't complain at all, heh. I'd much rather play Hercules again than PIXAR or Star Wars, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Dark Rot

Awards
It would be sick to have an entire colosseum KH game centered around a big magical tournament, with all kinds of intrigue across multiple arena worlds, with obstacles courses and some exploration quests on the side. The gimmick would only work if there were a ton of Disney/FF characters competing alongside new characters, including Heartless and other monsters. Online play too, pvp tournaments, and story co-op ...that ends in a dual!!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm indifferent towards the subject of Battlegates and Tournaments.

That said, that doesn't mean I could provide an input to the discussion:

Bring both back.

And like a fellow poster said: Tournaments don't have to be exclusive to the world of Olympus.

Someone also said that if Nomura likes Hades so much, he can make him travel to different worlds and use him that way. We could stipulate a mechanic where Hades holds tournaments in different worlds. Purpose? To find that world's best fighter and use them against the Gods of Olympus. But he won't find any 'cause Sora keeps winning, haha. The purpose of the tournaments in other worlds could also serve as an excuse to battle characters from those world. Say, a tournament in Toy Story and you get to fight Buzz and Woody.

Back