• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Riku and Replica Riku Fanclub!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Idk if is allowed but (Howler read it already) but I wrote a fic that is pretty Riku-centric.

https://forums.khinsider.com/fanfiction/217333-kingdom-hearts-youre-always-my-mind.html

(If nobody realized my time in the blurb before the fic is me being silly and not serious)

I always find Riku art on twitter so I’ll start sharing some here or something soon?
No that's fine! I quite enjoyed reading it. I'll make an exception for you~
I'll put that in the op.

Chuuya

Awards
I realized if all these posts counted on here, I'd probably either be silver or close to.
But either way I'm dedicated to visit this pretty much every time I log on.

Last edited:

phoenixmiko

Awards
Can I join? Riku is my favourite character. This may be considered an unpopular opinion but I never hated him in the first game - I actually liked him. I fell even more in love with his character as he developed over the course of the other entries. I like everything about his personality and flaws; he truly is a well-developed and realised character. I look forward to seeing how he progresses further in KH3 and what the story has in store for him.

What struck me first about him was his stunning blue-green eyes. They were so vivid and piercing I found that I could not look away whenever he took the floor. I still think he has the most beautiful eyes out of all the characters. They are so arresting! I have always thought they were more turquoise than cerulean. Some describe them as aquamarine and I reckon this is one of the more apt adjectives to convey their hue.

Seeing as Square Enix have made Riku's eyes appear more green than blue in their CGI cutscenes and his renders from KH2 and KH3 also reflect this, it makes sense. I like his light blue eyes from KH1 but I much prefer the bright teal we see in games like DDD. I am sure that most people here have their preferences when it comes to what colour they like his eyes to be. I personally hope that Riku's eyes look more turquoise in KH3.

After his eyes, the second thing which got me when I was introduced to his character in KH1 was his smooth voice. David Gallagher does a stellar job as Riku in all of the games. I like how calming it is. Of course, this includes Repliku and Data Riku. I am very excited to hear David again in KH3. I really want to hear Riku's English voice in a trailer before release day though. Mamoru Miyano does a great job as Riku in Japanese too so I like both renditions.

Naturally, I like his silver hair too. The Unreal Engine 4 graphics make it look so shiny on his KH3 render and, dare I say it, soft. I like how it looks more realistic and closer to the CGI cutscenes from KH1 and KH2, not to mention the wonders it does for Riku's overall appearance. He looks more handsome than ever!

Also, did anyone else find it hard not to notice Riku's lips when he wore the blindfold? They seemed to be a lot more prominent there. I like their shape and to this day I cannot resist focussing on them whenever I see cutscenes with him blindfolded.

By the way, Riku's derpy and dorky expressions in KH2 are adorable and just endear him more to me. I admit that I found the contrast to his facial model in Days strange at first but that was because I had not seen him without the blindfold at that point. I am used to it now after seeing these parts a few times since catching up with the Dark Seeker saga's story earlier this year. I am a very recent KH fan, you see.

I even have a few figures of Riku; some KH2 Funko Mystery Minis imported from America, a KH3 Bring Arts (a shame it did not come with Soul Eater or Way to the Dawn though) and a KH2 trading figure. I have preordered the KH1 Nendoroid! I do not usually like Nendoroids but this one looks really cute and I like how it is fully articulated. I have yet to find any plushes of Riku, unfortunately.

On another note, I am hoping we get an explanation of what type of keyblade Braveheart is in KH3. I know that Yen Sid forges it and gives it to our silver-haired boy after Way to the Dawn breaks (I just know seeing it shatter is going to hurt my heart - poor Riku!) but that Mickey symbol on the keychain makes me think it could be a Kingdom Key. Perhaps Riku's new keyblade is the Kingdom Key for the realm between?

Howler, where did you find that lovely lineart of KH3 Riku with his keyblade in your signature? Do you know the artist or the source?

Last edited:

Chuuya

Awards
Can I join? Riku is my favourite character. This may be considered an unpopular opinion but I never hated him in the first game - I actually liked him. I fell even more in love with his character as he developed over the course of the other entries. I like everything about his personality and flaws; he truly is a well-developed and realised character. I look forward to seeing how he progresses further in KH3 and what the story has in store for him.

What struck me first about him was his stunning blue-green eyes. They were so vivid and piercing I found that I could not look away whenever he took the floor. I still think he has the most beautiful eyes out of all the characters. They are so arresting! I have always thought they were more turquoise than cerulean. Some describe them as aquamarine and I reckon this is one of the more apt adjectives to convey their hue.

Seeing as Square Enix have made Riku's eyes appear more green than blue in their CGI cutscenes and his renders from KH2 and KH3 also reflect this, it makes sense. I like his light blue eyes from KH1 but I much prefer the bright teal we see in games like DDD. I am sure that most people here have their preferences when it comes to what colour they like his eyes to be. I personally hope that Riku's eyes look more turquoise in KH3.

After his eyes, the second thing which got me when I was introduced to his character in KH1 was his smooth voice. David Gallagher does a stellar job as Riku in all of the games. I like how calming it is. Of course, this includes Repliku and Data Riku. I am very excited to hear David again in KH3. I really want to hear Riku's English voice in a trailer before release day though. Mamoru Miyano does a great job as Riku in Japanese too so I like both renditions.

Naturally, I like his silver hair too. The Unreal Engine 4 graphics make it look so shiny on his KH3 render and, dare I say it, soft. I like how it looks more realistic and closer to the CGI cutscenes from KH1 and KH2, not to mention the wonders it does for Riku's overall appearance. He looks more handsome than ever!

Also, did anyone else find it hard not to notice Riku's lips when he wore the blindfold? They seemed to be a lot more prominent there. I like their shape and to this day I cannot resist focussing on them whenever I see cutscenes with him blindfolded.

By the way, Riku's derpy and dorky expressions in KH2 are adorable and just endear him more to me. I admit that I found the contrast to his facial model in Days strange at first but that was because I had not seen him without the blindfold at that point. I am used to it now after seeing these parts a few times since catching up with the Dark Seeker saga's story earlier this year. I am a very recent KH fan, you see.

I even have a few figures of Riku; some KH2 Funko Mystery Minis imported from America, a KH3 Bring Arts (a shame it did not come with Soul Eater or Way to the Dawn though) and a KH2 trading figure. I have preordered the KH1 Nendoroid! I do not usually like Nendoroids but this one looks really cute and I like how it is fully articulated. I have yet to find any plushes of Riku, unfortunately.

On another note, I am hoping we get an explanation of what type of keyblade Braveheart is in KH3. I know that Yen Sid forges it and gives it to our silver-haired boy after Way to the Dawn breaks (I just know seeing it shatter is going to hurt my heart - poor Riku!) but that Mickey symbol on the keychain makes me think it could be a Kingdom Key. Perhaps Riku's new keyblade is the Kingdom Key for the realm between?

Howler, where did you find that lovely lineart of KH3 Riku with his keyblade in your signature? Do you know the artist or the source?
Oof, sorry I'm late. Excuse me while I put your name in the fanclub op~
And the artist is Fudgemint Guardian. You can find her art thread link here.

Chuuya

Awards
Like usual I'm late to parties, so much KH3 news and drama happening.
But here is where I'll always check on, and update with new art~
Spoiler Spoiler Show

https://www.deviantart.com/nipahcos/art/Game-Over-Kingdom-Hearts-3-Riku-Cosplay-731788669

Chuuya

Awards
We now interrupt this program for a moment with Howler.
So I'm saying here for the record... Riku will not die in KH3. If he does, I will resurrect him.
This has been a moment with Howler.

Chuuya

Awards
*low whistling, Howler wipes the blanket layers of dust and cobweb off the shelves*

"The bar just isn't the same anymore..." Howler exclaims in a low tone. Her eyes circulate the bar she created, not a mere person in site. Webs in every inch and corner as the spiders claimed the bar as their new home. No sound is heard but the soft breeze outside. Howler coughs violently from the dust winding through the filthy air of the bar.

"Am I out of business? Will this place survive much longer?" The question that shines through all Howler's thoughts. Grief pierces her like a knife at the thought of the bar closing down for good. Riku's theme plays in the distance as Howler sits in one of many empty chairs, holding a glass of Vodka in one hand. She raises it.

"Cheers to all the folk that made this bar worthwhile..."

The thought of this closing down still rests in her heart, but will she have the strength to do it?

"Only I can be the one to do it..." Howler answers her thoughts.
"...just not now..."

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*low whistling, Howler wipes the blanket layers of dust and cobweb off the shelves*

"The bar just isn't the same anymore..." Howler exclaims in a low tone. Her eyes circulate the bar she created, not a mere person in site. Webs in every inch and corner as the spiders claimed the bar as their new home. No sound is heard but the soft breeze outside. Howler coughs violently from the dust winding through the filthy air of the bar.

"Am I out of business? Will this place survive much longer?" The question that shines through all Howler's thoughts. Grief pierces her like a knife at the thought of the bar closing down for good. Riku's theme plays in the distance as Howler sits in one of many empty chairs, holding a glass of Vodka in one hand. She raises it.

"Cheers to all the folk that made this bar worthwhile..."

The thought of this closing down still rests in her heart, but will she have the strength to do it?

"Only I can be the one to do it..." Howler answers her thoughts.
"...just not now..."
*kicks through the door, completely sloshed*

Heeey~ Iz dis place still open? *hic*

Chuuya

Awards
*kicks through the door, completely sloshed*

Heeey~ Iz dis place still open? *hic*
*wakes up from a long dream*

*snort* Wha- yeah. If you want to sit down, I'll bring over some content to ya. It's in the back storage.

*Fudge makes her way to a seat and sits down but completely misses the seat*

*Howler comes back*

Sorry for the wait, but I could only find one of our most common content: fan art. I hope ye enjoy. I think it's from this location, either way it's good content.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuuya

Awards
*Howler suddenly woke up*

"Huh? What was that?" she spoke in a gurgled voice.

Howler raised her head up from the table, a puddle of drool had smeared her face. She looked everywhere with her vision a blur, seeing she was still holding an empty glass from the Vodka she drank earlier. It took Howler a second to realize that there was no one in site. It was just a dream. Howler sighed.

"Riku... what has happened to me? And this place?" Howler spoke with a quivered lip. Tears began to release from the chambers they were held in. Dropping and shattering the glass, Howler hides her tear-covered face in her arms. Suddenly, she felt this feeling of loneliness she has never experienced before, almost as if she was the last person in the world. Howler continues to try to hold the tears back so none more would escape, but it was as hard as stopping a bullet.

Then... she felt a hand on her shoulder.

Howler lifted her head and turned to see who was behind her. Wiping her tears to clear her vision, she finally sees in clarity who it is towering behind her.

It was him.

Howler's heart skipped as she saw him gazing at her with a warm smile that warmed her sad, cold heart.

"Riku..." Howler muttered, wiping the tears that made their way to her mouth.

"Hello Howler..." Riku pulled out the chair next to her "...mind if I sit with you?"

​To be continued

Chuuya

Awards
Both confused and joyful, Howler was at a loss for words. Her thoughts exploded rapidly like fireworks as fast as her heart beated in her chest. Hands trembling, she pulls the chair next to her away from the table. This was Howler's physical way of saying, "Sure".
Riku's smile dimmed as he sat in the chair, his eyes fixated on Howler as if awaiting for her to speak. Howler, looking away, finally faced Riku. Her thoughts clouded her vision, but now seeing Riku did it clear the fog away. Howler couldn't look away once she glanced at him. She took his face into her hands.

"What're you doing?" Riku chuckled, feeling Howler's warm hands rub his face.

"I just wanted to make sure you were real. That I'm not in a dream," Howler answered, grateful that she wasn't. Riku's smile returned as he softly grabbed Howler's hands. Holding her hands, Riku's smile dimmed again. This time, his face displayed a gloomy look.

"This maybe the last time I will ever see you again..." Riku muttered, looking away to not see Howler's expression. Howler's expression did indeed change to something more pained and hurt.

"What do you mean 'last time' Riku? You've barely been by my side and now you say you won't be seeing me again? You'll never return? You'll forget about me?" Howler cried, more tear barriers breaking.

"Howler... I might die. This long battle that I've been facing for years, I've been trying to stop Xehanort. But this battle is now involving all whom I care about. I have to protect them, protect those who matter most to me. I never want you to be involved in this, I need you to be safe. But I'm not saying I'll make it out alive, I may have to do whatever it takes to save my friends. Even giving up my own life".

Riku holds Howler's hands tighter as her sorrow and tears unleash from its prison. Howler stands up from her chair.

"Don't say that Riku! You'll live! You're the strongest person I know, and with a good heart. Please don't say you'll die, please. I've waited for you, for so long. For 2 years have I sat here thinking about you, and you come back to me just say you'll die?".

Howler loses her voice, closing her eyes to shield away the visions of seeing Riku's final breath. Riku lets go of Howler's hands and uses one of his hands to wipe the tears off her face. He then stood from his chair and wraps his arms around Howler.

"I will never leave you, I'll always be there for you. No matter where I go, no matter what I'll do, I'll always be with you. If I live through this final battle, I will come straight back here to you. And I will never leave you again. I promise," Riku assured. Giving her a kiss on the head, Riku makes his way to the exit.

"Riku..." Howler interrupts, stopping Riku's movement as Howler turns to him, "... may your heart be your guiding key". Riku smirks.

"Why did you start this little fanfiction? And this place?" Riku gave one last question. Howler smiles.

"For you," she answers. Riku's smirk turns into a full smile. He turns back to the door and walks out. Howler still looks at the door, replaying in her mind that very moment of him walking out. She tries to vision him walking back through those same doors into the bar, back from a long and tiring battle to stay with her forever. Turning back to the table she sat in, Howler notices something Riku left behind on it. Howler recognized it from the stories Riku use to tell her about his home.

It was a half-eaten paopu fruit.

The End?

Last edited:

Chuuya

Awards
Thanks! I was just incredibly bored and felt like writing, tbh I haven't written in quite awhile. And buying myself a funko pop of Riku in his KH3 outfit was worth it, kinda holding onto it whilst telling it to "not die". But that above fan-fiction, yeah sadly it's not a real ship but it was something fun I wanted to do and spend some time on. Okay SoraxRiku fans? And the above fan-fiction I wasn't really trying to make a story out of, but it just turned out that way. I have been actually debating on stopping this fanclub, seeing as me and you Fudge are the only ones really active on here anymore lol. And one day pretty soon I may leave the forums, don't know when. But it all depends on what goes on in my life. For the fate of this fanclub, I may never let this be closed and just live on forever. Maybe future generations will visit here and have their own craze for Riku. Make this their thread to express such feelings towards the character like I had, but maybe not as crazy. But if this were to close down, it would have to be me who closes it. No one else. If not, then at least my permission.
Also, very nice pics you have there. Gorgeous. Riku = Best Dream Eater. <3

Chuuya

Awards
Can't wait for KH3
do do do do do do
KH3
do do do do do do
KH3
do do do do do do
KH3.

For my Riku
do do do do do do
Yes my Riku
do do do do do do
Suck it Sora
do do do do do do
My bae Riku

Chuuya

Awards
13 days till KH3.
How is this possible for me to say this?
Yeah if he dies, I'll resurrect him then I'll kill him myself for dying.

Chuuya

Awards
If Riku dies in KH3, I will just have to use some Flex Tape to put him back together.

Xehanort: "To show the power of Flex Tape, I sawed this Riku in half!"

Howler: "And repaired it with only Flex Tape! Not only does Flex Tape’s powerful adhesive hold Riku together, but it creates a super strong power of light tight seal, so the inside is completely darkness-free!"

Chuuya

Awards
So something hilariously ironic happened to me.
If you didn't know, there's this quiz on the official SE website over what KH3 character you are.
Welp ladies and gentlemen, I got my main man Riku first round. XD

Spoiler Spoiler Show

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
So something hilariously ironic happened to me.
If you didn't know, there's this quiz on the official SE website over what KH3 character you are.
Welp ladies and gentlemen, I got my main man Riku first round. XD

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Okay like, that's actually pretty cool. :D

Back