• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Roleplaying Tavern - Stop by for a pint!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I'm new to the RP section here. I used to be heavily involved in the section on some other sites, and I really miss it. I haven't role played in some time, and I'm not sure how active the section is here, as I haven't had the time to look through anything yet, as I've been somewhat busy.

First off, let me welcome you to the section. It's always nice to see a new face here. The section is currently semi-active, mainly due to the same reason you provided. A good number of people in the section are in college or work (even some who have both), and aren't always able to post regularly. A few posts up has a list of the active roleplays, as well as the posts below it for Souls Within Steel and VNGRD, who are looking for people to sign up.

if this is still relevant, I would love to see this. I think it is a fantastic idea, and a month would be better than a week. If not still relevant, then just ignore it.

I used to run a lot of roleplays myself, so once my schedule clears up a bit I'm looking forward to participating.

It most certainly is. I've just been putting it off a bit, due to seemingly low interest. That said, now that someone has shown some interest in it, I suppose I need to pull it from the back burner and actually fiddle with it. Expect something this week (barring any unforeseen annoyances).

navyninja87

Ditto for me about being heavily into roleplaying on other forums. I like doing it but I don't know how to pique other people's interest enough for a roleplay.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
It's a typical problem for most roleplayers here, old and new. What I always suggest is to join already in-progress roleplays that pique your interest for a little bit, to get a general feel of people's tastes, and go from there. For instance, I generally prefer original roleplays, and very rarely participate in canon roleplays outside of a few (they typically have to add and expand upon the universe).

GracefulAssassin

You said to pop on by and the RP Starter thread said to catch people's interest but to keep it short and sweet so as not to overwhelm people and that's what I thought I did. I'm a veteran RPer but I'm obviously not used to this site's mechanics,any help Is appreciated

Chromatic

Become
Awards
You said to pop on by and the RP Starter thread said to catch people's interest but to keep it short and sweet so as not to overwhelm people and that's what I thought I did. I'm a veteran RPer but I'm obviously not used to this site's mechanics,any help Is appreciated

Just stopped by the thread you started and took a look. The big thing that it's missing, in a nutshell. Backstory. You're off to a good start with the first paragraph, but there needs to be some sense of where the plot will fit within the overall scope of KH. Is there a conflict brewing that the characters are partaking in/on the verge of? Is there a quest that must be undergone? What event(s) has/have precipitated said conflict/quest? People need a sense of what the story is about, what their scenario is, otherwise, there's no certainty of how to write their characters. If you want a good example of a short and sweet start up thread, check out SwagStar's Race to Kingdom Hearts.

Generally, our process here also involves characters sheets, though we've done RPs without them in the past, with just writing characters in with strong intro posts.

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Impressive. Like you said, "Short sweet and to the point." Like Chrom said, a character template is pretty much all that could sum it up, like if you wanted the different groups to have different seet-ups, but you've got a pretty interesting scenario.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Whats up everybody, I don't really write like I used to, but how has the continuity of the section been?

I'd say this thread kind of covers your question. xD

In my own words, I'd say it's at a snails pace on the continuity of the section itself. I still partake in two roleplays that are currently active.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Yo, I'm still here. I'm just...really really behind on a few of my own RPs...

Samesies. I'm constantly keeping an eye on the place, just need to play some serious catch-up on pumping out a few posts.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I apologize for my disappearance for a while. Stuff's been rather subpar on my end lately, but I should be returning to a more active role. If I can find a few people both interested and willing, I am planning on starting a new roleplay.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I apologize for my disappearance for a while. Stuff's been rather subpar on my end lately, but I should be returning to a more active role. If I can find a few people both interested and willing, I am planning on starting a new roleplay.

I kinda want to keep going with Jericho

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
If we could manage at least one more person, either old or new, I see no reason why we couldn't bring back Jericho too.

Max

Staff member
Awards
If we could manage at least one more person, either old or new, I see no reason why we couldn't bring back Jericho too.

I'll see what I can do and reach out to a couple of people.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
No promises, but I might be down to start at the beginning of a new RP as well. I used to run and participate in a ton of roleplays a few years back, and I'd totally be down to do it on this site, too. I just need to browse around and get accustomed to how RP's run and flow here, as it's a little different than some places I've been in the past. I credit roleplaying to being what drastically improved my writing abilities, so I'd love to maybe hop in again.

Back